Is Kynedath was around during the night, then Elbereth and Kynedath. We ignored Kynedath because we thought he was 100% inactive and had dropped the game, and were expecting him to be modkilled. Since he just renewed his timer, and we didn't investigate him, I'm going to go with this (unless someone checked him before his post but after the day started and confirmed he hadn't logged in for over 50 hours).

Oh, by the way, someone is telling me that I misread Maill's clarification of the Soulcaster rules. If someone is a Ghostblood who is also a Spy or Artifabrian and they performed the Ghostblood kill AND used their role ability, it seems like redirecting their "role" action only has a 50% chance of redirecting the Ghostblood kill.

If that's true, then Sheep isn't off the hook. But, for him to be a Ghostblood Spy or Ghostblood Artifabrian, over half of the eliminators must have been given additional power roles... That was unheard of where I used to play this, but maybe it's not unheard of here?

Edited by Nyali

If that's true, then Sheep isn't off the hook. But, for him to be a Ghostblood Spy or Ghostblood Artifabrian, over half of the eliminators must have been given additional power roles... That was unheard of where I used to play this, but maybe it's not unheard of here?

It... hmm. It's possible, if they didn't have any items to start with and Maill was being a particularly egregious troll. The potential to get items from the killed does decrease the possibility a bit, but if you think about it that's only one item a night. 6 items is potentially only one per person (more likely some would have two, since it'd probably be a smaller team in this case), and accumulating over time instead of starting like that? I think it's certainly possible.

Also, I'll join you, Nyali, since Kynedath and Burnt seem equally suspicious to me, and there's the thing I mentioned about assuming DC had Shardplate. Kynedath.

Also, I'll join you, Nyali, since Kynedath and Burnt seem equally suspicious to me, and there's the thing I mentioned about assuming DC had Shardplate. Kynedath.

Would it be possible to direct me towards this conversation, or was this private between the two of you?

Edited by Kynedath

My comments about you, earlier this turn:

Kynedath - As mentioned, hasn't talked in forever. Fairly neutral here as well. Although this post stood out to me on a reread, because the first half basically assumed he could protect himself from the eliminator kill. Which only Shardplate can do. Since DC was innocent, I thought we couldn't draw anything from that, but Lopen was a spy, and it does make sense for DC to have been one of the first scans. Maybe not worth a lynch, but interesting.

Edited by Elbereth

Elbereth, I feel like you're stretching a bit there. Still, if Kynedath was active during the night and submitted actions, he's lowest on my trust list who could have done the GB kill action, well, except for Sheep, but Sheep would have to have done two role actions, and the chances of the Ghostbloods having three or more power roles on top of the chances that Sheep was the one who did the kill out of the remaining Ghostbloods on top of the chance that Sheep's other role action was hit by the soulcast instead of his kill... that's quite a lot of chancy things that would have to have happened.

To help you out - this one isn't possible. You have to send a message via PM to perform an action and he hasn't been online since the 30th.

Mail: you are requiring a message via PM for actions, correct?

Yes.

EDIT: Maill, what happens if a Ghostblood Spy performs the Ghostblood kill with one action, spies with another, and then someone uses a Soulcaster on them to redirect their "role" action? I took this post by you: http://www.17thshard.com/forum/topic/54042-lg20-warcamp-enigmas/page-23#entry436906 to mean that Ghostblood kills are always redirected by a "role action" redirect, so in the above case, both role actions get redirected. Am I misinterpreting your clarification?

It'd be a a coin flip.

Night 6: Violet Wine II

Brightness Arisia took a leisurely sip of violet wine, grinning at the talk around her. She was a little light-headed by now,

There was a commotion at the other end of the room. After a moment, a man in full glimmering Shardplate emerged from the confusion, bearing something aloft in his hand. As he got closer, she could see that it was a still bloody gemheart. A large one, too.

She recognized him after a moment. Kayden Ianlynn, the newly promoted officer. He looked almost dashing in his bloodied armor, really. Quite the picture.

He knelt before her, holding out the gemheart. “Brightness Arisia,” he proclaimed. “I have heard of your success in catching a Ghostblood today.” More quietly, he commented, “Although I did also hear that he revealed himself... I’m sure it’s just a rumor, though. Trying to detract from your achievement.”

He continued, talking so that the whole room could hear him. “I congratulate you, and I wish to reward you with this gemheart, freshly ripped from the carcass of a slain monster.” He paused. For dramatic effect, of course. “In return, however, I will have a kiss from the beautiful brightness.”

She gasped. “A gemheart? For me? Really?” She grinned. “Ianlynn, how kind of you.” One of the servants quickly brought a platter out, so the bloody stone wouldn’t stain the table.

He bowed, then walked around the long table to where she sat. Then, without warning, he scooped her up and held her in a deep, long kiss.

When he finally let her out, she was blushing bright red and feeling slightly irritated that he hadn’t actually asked if she wanted to be kissed. That was overcome by overpowering embarrassment quickly, though. He’d kissed her in front of everyone! How improper!

He grinned. “And may your discerning eye discover many more Ghostbloods in the days to come!” He scooped a glass off the table. “To finding the Ghostbloods, in the Almighty’s name!” he called, and was echoed by the room.

Arisia frowned at him as he slid in to dine beside her. He grinned. “Hope you enjoyed that, Brightness. I certainly did.”

She replaced her frown with a pleasant smile, but inside she was still uncomfortable. This man who she’d never even met before today had given her a gemheart, and kissed her right out in public! And now he was dining with her, like he’d known her forever.

A thought struck her. What if... No. But, what if? What if he’s a Ghostblood trying to ingratiate himself with me, so I wouldn’t kill him like I killed Lopen? She looked at his smile, trying to see if it was faked or not. It did seem somewhat forced...

She took another sip of wine, then stood suddenly. “You wish me to find my second Ghostblood, Master Ianlynn? Then I have. I pronounce you, Kayden Ianlynn, to be a Ghostblood. Guards!”

His eyes opened wide. “What?” he said, shooting to his feet and looking wildly around. “I’m not a Ghostblood. I’m just an officer! A noble! I don’t-” he cut off, seeing the guards approaching, and ran for the door. The guards ran after him, one lifting a bow off his back and fitting an arrow to it.

But by the time they got through the crowd to the door, Ianlynn was already gone. The guard managed to shoot one arrow off at him, which pinged off the retreating back of his Shardplate, and then he vanished into the night.

Brightness Arisia frowned at the guard who was shaking his head. “Well, go after him!” she ordered. “Find that man!” They nodded and hurried out. And she, with no other recourse, turned back to her violet wine.

Kayden was lynched! He did not die. 

Votes:

Kayden(2): Tintallë, Arisia

Tintallë(2): Mayelek, Ebony

Kaythar(1): Teialan

Player List:

• Elbereth: Tintallë-Probably a goddess, definitely a ninja
  •  
  • Phattemer: Axies-In denial Noble
  •  
  • Master_Elodin: Eobard Thawne-Reverse-Flash Noble
  •  
  • DeathClutch: Itachi Uchiha-Some Japanese kid Noble
  •  
  • Alvron: Alv-Badchull Halfborn
  •  
  • ThatTinyStrawMan: He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named Noble
  •  
  • Kynedath: Kayden Ianlynn-Definitely arrogant
  •  
  • little wilson: Brightlady Kenara-Looking for body parts. Definitely British.
  •  
  • AliasSheep: Kelen Taldar
  •  
  • Zas678: Kaythar
  •  
  • Twelfthrootoftwo: Teialan
  •  
  • Macen: Ace
  •  
  • Yafeshan: Geran Noble
  •  
  • Mark: Mayelek
  •  
  • Kasimir: Karnan-Not Khas. Nope.
  •  
  • TheMightyLopen: Loopen-Just a wee bit crazy Ghostblood
  •  
  • Seonid: Senna Idian Noble Artifabrian
  •  
  • Burnt Spaghetti: Ebony Ghetti
  •  
  • Stink
  •  
  • Nyali: Brightness Arisia
  •  
  • Orlok: Subadon-Probably secretly American Ghostblood
  •  
  • TheOnlyJoe: Sani Joslin-Traitor to 'Murica Noble
  •  
  • Elkanah: Montnog Spot Thief
  •  
  • Trelagist Noble
  •  
  • Araris Valerian: Ardel Noble
  •  
  • Hellscythe: Hellscythe Noble
  •  
  • Luna: Luna Arryn Noble
  •  
  • Silver Dragon: Star Thief Noble
  •  

The night ends in 24 hours!

bla_1463194800.png

Edited by Mailliw73

Hello again everyone! Yes, I'm sorry I didn't post this last cycle, and that I've generally been only semi-active. I thought I was going to have much more time than I have once school got out, but this new job has been sucking up all my energy. But whenever I log on to 17th Shard, I make sure to log on and post here. 

And it's true, Twei, that I haven't been being great at analyzing. Part of this is because I haven't played SE for a while, and when I grow suspicious of players (such as Elodin and Luna), they die and end up being innocent. So, rather than continuing to point, I want to hang back and wait and see and grow more sure before I make accusations. But then since I'm only semi-active, I don't really get the chance to develop a better sense of who is an Eliminator. 

That being said, it's good to know that Kynedath has Shardplate. That seems to be the only way to block a lynch. I'm not sure if this makes him more or less likely to be an Eliminator or not. Full-out inactivity generally points to someone not being an Eliminator, but not always. Sometimes an Eliminator has stuff come up in their lives too. 

Something else that I want to point out, Nyali, from your web of contacted information- it is more than possible that one of your contacts with an information item is an Eliminator and may or may not be lying to you about who didn't make the kill. It's not certain, but with the number of people you had cleared, it seems more than likely. Just be cautious about that. 

Full-out inactivity generally points to someone not being an Eliminator, but not always. Sometimes an Eliminator has stuff come up in their lives too.

Eliminators have lives? I thought they lived to kill... O.o

(I'm joking. No offense intended to any persons or parties involved. )

© filed under creative commons.

Oops, just realised I've been quite inactive. Suspiciously, for the same amount of time QF15 was up... hmm. So I've learnt that I'm not amazing at playing more than one game at once, though I was expecting to be killed much earlier.

Nyali, I don't actually have any role actions, so whatever made you think I had one, or even two, is wrong.

Currently we have 12 alive players, and last I checked the eliminator team was estimated to be 5/6 people, so there's going to be a large eliminator presence. When I get home tonight, I'm going to read through the rest of the game and have a look at the posts of the rest of the players, and see if I find anything suspicious.

Nyali, I don't actually have any role actions, so whatever made you think I had one, or even two, is wrong.

I never said I thought you did. I simply said that you could have done the Ghostblood kill if you happened to have two roles, but it was impossible otherwise.I was actually saying that I don't think you had two roles.

I never said I thought you did. I simply said that you could have done the Ghostblood kill if you happened to have two roles, but it was impossible otherwise.I was actually saying that I don't think you had two roles.

It seem very likely that I did not understand what you meant at all whatsoever. Oops, sorry

Edited by AliasSheep

Something else that I want to point out, Nyali, from your web of contacted information- it is more than possible that one of your contacts with an information item is an Eliminator and may or may not be lying to you about who didn't make the kill. It's not certain, but with the number of people you had cleared, it seems more than likely. Just be cautious about that. 

The only info abilities I referenced for "clearing" people either came from one of the three people I completely trusted (one of whom is now dead) or because if they were lies, then the speaker must be a ghostblood and the other person is irrelevant.

Please note though that I wasn't clearing people with the info skill stuff. I was trying to figure out who could have done the Ghostblood kill action by process of elimination. If someone doesn't take any action, that's pretty convincing that they didn't do the kill. Alvron was cleared by Elbereth, and Elbereth could be lying, but that means that Alvron wasn't worth considering because Elbereth would have to have been lying for Alvron to have done the kill. To me, someone saying that another person didn't do the kill for certain does remove that other person from consideration because we only need to find one Ghostblood at a time.

Last night, either Kynedath, Elbereth, Wilson, Macen, or Sheep performed the kill. At least one of those five is a Ghostblood. In retrospect, I don't think it's Kynedath in light of his attitude toward the game, though it could be faked. He didn't even defend himself after people voted for him. I was waiting for him to say something, but he just didn't care to.

Edited by Nyali

It's night time? :P

Currently we have 12 alive players, and last I checked the eliminator team was estimated to be 5/6 people, so there's going to be a large eliminator presence. When I get home tonight, I'm going to read through the rest of the game and have a look at the posts of the rest of the players, and see if I find anything suspicious.

There aren't 5/6 eliminators anymore, though. Because two have died. So at most we have four eliminators left, out of 12. Which is still an uncomfortably close margin, but it's not like a we're-going-to-lose-tonight-if-we-don't-catch-one kind of thing. Unless both Shardblade wielders kill innocents and someone uses a Grandbow. And none of the four people have protection. And there are four eliminators left, and Kas isn't one of them. That's the only way the game could end tonight.

That said, it is getting close. If we don't catch an eliminator soon, the game could end tomorrow or the following morning (game-time). Which is fun.

I meant why didn't he vote during the day. The lack of Nobles voting is really worrying me. It means that the Ghostbloods are controlling the vote. There's no way we should be able to lynch a Ghostblood with less than four votes. With only five people voting out of thirteen, this really feels to me like a problem. We can't win if we don't kill. They'll just pick us off one by one. The Shardblades can't even be relied upon because of redirects (the Ghostbloods have two Soulcasters now).

The lack of voting makes it feel like people are just giving up. =\