Night 5: Rightful Vengeance

Everyone sat for a second in shock after Loopen’s announcement.

“Maybe he’s just crazy?” offered someone.

Then Itachi rose to his feet. “You,” he said deliberately, pacing towards Loopen. “You killed Hellscythe.”

Loopen nodded, grinning.

“You killed Luna,” Itachi continued, drawing his sword.

“Yup!” Loopen said cheerfully. “It was fun!”

Itachi roared. “You killed my family!” He brought the sword down on Loopen’s neck. No one stopped him.

Itachi walked out of the courtyard without even checking for the diamonds, sheathing his still blood-covered sword.

Brightness Arisia bent down, grimacing, and saw the telltale marks. She glanced up and nodded at the expectant crowd. “Loopen, Ghostblood and murderer of many, is dead.” She grinned. “Well, I think this calls for a celebration!”

Lopen was lynched. He was a Ghostblood Spy with a Soulcaster.

Vote Count:
Deathclutch (1): Macen
Lopen (8): Zas, Nyali, Elbereth, Twei, Mark, Wilson, Seonid, Burnt
Macen (2): Deathclutch, Lopen

Player List:

1. Elbereth: Tintallë-Probably a goddess, definitely a ninja
2. Phattemer: Axies-In denial
3. Master_Elodin: Eobard Thawne-Reverse-Flash
4. DeathClutch: Itachi Uchiha-Some Japanese kid
5. Alvron: Alv-Badchull Halfborn
6. ThatTinyStrawMan: He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named
7. Kynedath: Kayden Ianlynn-Definitely arrogant
8. little wilson: Brightlady Kenara-Looking for body parts. Definitely British.
9. AliasSheep: Kelen Taldar
10. Zas678: Kaythar
11. Twelfthrootoftwo: Teialan
12. Macen: Ace
13. Yafeshan: Geran
14. Mark: Mayelek
15. Kasimir: Karnan-Not Khas. Nope.
16. TheMightyLopen: Loopen-Just a wee bit crazy
17. Seonid: Senna Idian
18. Burnt Spaghetti
19. Stink
20. Nyali: Brightness Arisia
21. Orlok: Subadon-Probably secretly American
22. TheOnlyJoe: Sani Joslin-Traitor to 'Murica
23. Elkanah: Montnog Spot
24. Trelagist
25. Araris Valerian: Ardel
26. Hellscythe: Hellscythe
27. Luna: Luna Arryn
28. Silver Dragon: Star Thief

blu_1462935600.png

Edited by Mailliw73

Wait, I poke voted a Ghostblood? Who then got lynched thanks to some clever reasoning? Awesome!

This teaches me a very valuable lesson: Don't think before voting. ;)

In all seriousness, good job Nyali. I'm kind of surprised that Lopen admitted it, but I suppose he saw the writing on the wall. But we do have his "suspicion" list to go through, though how much is real and how much is fake is anyone's guess. 

Okay, finally got access to a computer, so here's my reads on everyone. Was planning to go through the thread again after the Night Turn, but haven't had the time or computer to do so, so here's what I gave to Burnt last Night.

Current suspicions:

Kas/Alv - Would like to hear more from both of them. Kas seems to be inactive though. Alv, I just can't read. I think one of them is probably evil.

Elbereth - kind of. Close to neutral for me. Tough to read.

Kynedath - Inactive, but for real life reasons. He's actually neutral, but whatever.

Sheep - He seems to be following the general opinion in the thread(his name is Sheep after all   ;) j/k, haha). Anyways, not too suspicious of him, since he is a new player, but I think it could be an easy place to hide as an eliminator.

Macen - It doesn't seem like he's voiced a lot of opinions. So I'm suspicious he could just be trying to fly under the radar. His vote on DC this Cycle kind of makes me more suspicious, because I still think DC is probably a villager.

Leaning village, but still close to neutral:

Stink - some good analysis early on. Tough to read though. (See: LG17  :P)

Zas - gut read.

Mark - gut, plus helpfulness in thread.

Trusts(or, more solid village reads. I rarely trust anyone):

Nyali - gut read, plus very helpful. Has a Shardblade???

DC - gut read, plus more active this game compared to previous games where he's been evil. (DC, you missed me in your reads btw.)

Seonid - gut read. Seems village-y. (I've never played with evil Seonid though, so my opinion may not be the best for him)

Wilson - mixed feelings early on. I've still got some lingering doubt, but Twei told me some interesting info, plus some people say she seems village-y. 

Twei - gut read(mixed with paranoia from MR10). My village read on her also extends to the fact that I think Wilson might be village, because they seem to trust each other a good amount.

Burnt - gut(after rerolled stuffs). Paranoia is still there, but I doubt it will ever leave.  :P

So yeah, I don't have super solid reads at the moment. Hopefully will have time later tonight to research some players. I'll put my vote on Macen for the time being.

Yeah, after reading through it I realized that it's going to be too hard to tell who is good and who isn't. Did he put red herrings in there? Did he put some right people to throw us off? I can't tell. 

EDIT- Below are a handful of Lopen posts. I didn't pull all of them, just some of them that I thought were interesting. Going through them makes me take back what I said about Mark being helpful- even though he was, Lopen was also saying it, and they could've decided in the doc to do it to get rid of an innocent people thought was good. So he's back at slightly suspicious. 

Things I noticed after rereading the thread- Lopen lynch poked Sheep, then retracted it when Sheep responded. 

Also, this was his post of Suspicions at the end of Day 2.

My reads so far:

Villager-y:

Nyali(I'm leaning village. She's posting a lot, and her posts seem pretty helpful. Her interactions with Orlok are also another point in her favor. Since this is her first game here, she could be an eliminator just distancing herself from a teammate, but that's not really the feeling I get from her.)

Joe(Mostly gut, since I was evil with him in MR13, but I also remember he was the third vote on Strawman, right after Orlok, so my thoughts are that if LUNA is evil, he may be too, but if she's good, than I think that would make me lean village for him as well, because I wouldn't think that 2 eliminators would vote back to back like that on D1.)

DC(Even with all this stuff about him and Wilson arguing, he has been a lot more active this game than previous ones, which I view as more village than eliminator, since in LG18 and LG19, he was an eliminator and very quiet in the thread(note: he was pretty quiet in both docs as well).)

Neutral:

Just about everyone else sadly. I saw that Wilson put Macen, Zas and Twei on her "villagery" reads, and at first I kind of agreed with Twei, but I remember thinking Twei seemed good in MR10, so that made me a little more hesitant to read her as such. Macen, I don't know, I don't really have much of an opinion on. He seems to think somethings up with Kas, but I don't see it(Wilson agrees with Macen on this, which may be a point for which she thinks Macen is more villagery). With Zas, he's put up some helpful posts I think, but I haven't seen him around much in the later parts of this Cycle, and I seem to remember him saying he was gonna post more(or wanted to at least) so I'd like to hear a little more from him.

Elbereth...I have trouble reading. As a rule, I think she's an eliminator, then she's not. So, yeah, those times have kind of stopped me from getting any good read on her.  :P As of right now, she's still very much neutral to me.

Burnt, not much read on her, since she's her usual quiet thread self.

I don't remember very many posts from Elkanah, Trelagist, Yafeshan, Kynedath(stated RL reasons), Sheep(kinda), Alv, Mark(kinda) and Seonid of course(though he should be active soon right?). Stink is kind of in the same situation, but he's said he was gonna do some analysis of some players, so that's cool.

Wilson, I also have a lot of trouble reading. If there is an eliminator in this DC/Wilson thing, I'd lean towards her being it, but it might just be conflicting playstyles like Twei mentions. 

Kas, like I said, other players have stated that they feel he's a little bit off, but I'm not really sure. I've never been a villager against an evil Kas, so I'm not sure I'd be able to pick him out if he is evil.

LUNA, again, not sure about her. I think Nyali brings up some good points about her, but I thought I brought up good points about her in LG17, and then she went was a villager(much to my dismay, because I got her lynched).

If I was pressed to vote, I think I'd go with either LUNA(her involvement with Orlok, as well as lynching SD like she did) or Trelagist(due to lurkiness), but I don't think I'm comfortable lynching either of them at this point. My brain tends to panic near the end of Cycles/Turns, so I usually try my best not to get into crucial situations this late, as I have failed horribly at such times.   :(

Twei poked him with a vote Day 2, then took it off,

Joe and Yaf voted for him on Day 3, then both took it off,

Seonid voted for Lopen on Day 4, which was then retracted.

These are Duel comments:

Sigh. Well I can't say I think this is a good move DC. I don't have the time right now, but I'm gonna go through everything these 2 have done, and then I'll decide where to place my vote. I thought DC was village because of his activity this game, but I really don't like this duel and the way he's gone after Wilson for seemingly nothing. This kills lynch discussion by making us focus on 2 players. I was hoping we could have a much better Day Turn this Cycle, but I guess this way players will be more likely to actually vote?

DC, could you lay out your case for why you're so suspicious of Wilson?

Edit: Actually El, because Orloks role Action was redirected to himself on N1, anyone who claims to have received an Artifabrian item on N1 would have no reason to be afraid to reveal if they're village.

Well, I've reviewed each player, and I'm gonna vote for DC. He's actually not posted as much as I thought he had, and much of those posts are about Wilson, and not much else. I still feel like he's probably a villager, and if he is, it sounds like he's tunneling on Wilson. His case against her isn't much, and certainly not enough that I think it warranted him forcing a duel.

Now, I'm not sure if Wilson is a villager, because besides DC's suspicion against Wilson, there's also Burnts theory, but it's hard to say why Burnt was targeted, if it was random or if there was more meaning behind her being the target of Joe's redirect(which has not been talked about very much. Who was in contact with him? Did he tell anyone he had a Shardblade? I kinda wish he hadn't done his Death Cry so fast. It's possible he was targeted by a Ghostblood Spy(if they have one) or a Ghostblood with an Emotion Bracelet(if they have one) and that's how they knew he had a Shardblade. But it would be nice if we could hear from the players who were in contact with him. He said he trusted Wilson, Nyali, DC and Zas, and Wilson claimed to have not been told about him having a Shardblade(according to Burnt I think?). DC, Zas and Nyali, were any of you aware of Joe having a Shardblade? Did anyone besides Wilson have a PM with him?), and Twei has something that she said is pretty good evidence that Wilson is village. So, even though I don't really trust Twei, I feel like she probably would have something at least, because faking evidence about someone this early to keep them from being lynched doesn't sound like a smart idea(whereas in MR10 when she faked evidence to keep herself from being lynched, the game was all but over). I am curious about what the "reasonably good evidence" is that makes her think Wilson is village though. Any chance you could elaborate on that Twei?

Anyways, I hate trying to analyse Wilson, because I've never been able to tell either way with her in the few games I've actually played with her, but according to a few players who are probably more familiar with her, she seems to be doing things like a village Wilson would, and there may be some factual evidence pointing to her being a villager(which, for me, is the thing I like to rely on the most for deciding lynches, because my gut just ain't very good), so I have to agree that lynching her is probably a bad idea.

As for the "vigilante kill lynch" thing, I'll stick my vote back onto Trelagist, with my questions from earlier still applying. Who do you think is suspicious/trustworthy? What is your opinion about DC or Wilson?

Nyali, on 03 May 2016 - 08:11 AM, said:

snapback.png

DC, did you get your Shardblade from Joe? If you were Joe's heir, there's a 50% chance you did get it from him. If not, then you haven't used your shardblade all game, right? We've only seen one shardblade kill a night, and didn't Joe say he did those in his deathcry.

EDIT2: No, LopenWilson did not tell me Joe had a Shardblade.

About your first point. I'm not sure that DC has a Blade. Because if he had a Blade previous to this Day, and because of his insistence that Wilson is evil, I'd think he would have attacked her by now, and we haven't seen another Blade attack besides Joe's. So unless you're right that DC got Joe's Shardblade, my guess would be that DC is lying and actually has Plate, and so he doesn't much care if he's lynched(which he doesn't seem to care about at the moment it seems, unless he's just not been online for awhile, and that's why he's been so quiet lately), except that it'll take away 1 protection off his Plate(like Wilson's now, since she was attacked by Trelagist). Also, if he has Joe's Blade, I'm not sure why he would do this Duel either. Because he would have the power to attack Wilson on his own, without forcing a lynch like he's trying to do. Plus...doing a Shard duel like this doesn't seem like a good idea if you have a Blade. Because then, if the GB's have a Soulcaster(like they probably do), you can't use it(unless you're a GB).

That's not exactly what I was asking, but I take it to mean that you weren't aware of Joe having a Blade. My guess would be that he didn't tell anyone actually, because if he did, I'd think he would have mentioned that in his Death Cry, because that person would potentially be a GB. Especially because his attack got redirected as he was killed. And I agree with you about whoever redirected that is most likely a GB, because village Soulcasters should be redirecting role actions, if they redirect anything, and I think it's been made clear that's what they should be doing.

And has anyone had anything stolen from them? It would be good to know if we still have a thief around.

And has anyone had anything stolen from them? It would be good to know if we still have a thief around.

Yes. I had something stolen from me last night, and I suspect I'll have something stolen from me again tonight. I have an educated guess on who the thief is though, and I suspect they're helping the Ghostbloods, so that's fun.

Below are a handful of Lopen posts. I didn't pull all of them, just some of them that I thought were interesting. Going through them makes me take back what I said about Mark being helpful- even though he was, Lopen was also saying it, and they could've decided in the doc to do it to get rid of an innocent people thought was good. So he's back at slightly suspicious.

Emphasis mine

I disagree with this reasoning (well, yes, partly because I'm not bad, but the other part is as follows) :

*time jump back to when duel was declared*

So, DC has just declared a duel, and I realise that we have stopped lynch discussion as a whole, and have been discussing only the duel (or rather even come to a consensus about it).

To counter this stagnation of discussion, I try to start up a secondary lynch and hope in the Grandbow and Shardblade users who have helped us N1-3.

In my effort, I name my current suspicion as a target - Trelagist to get up discussion (how would it look if I advocate a secondary lynch, but don't use it myself?)

Then multiple people, apart from me vote for Trelagist. I have no sway or control over their decisions or suspicions unless I was actually with them on the evil side.( Which I am not, btw )

Next day, I'm banking on atleast one shard bearer killing Trelagist because of the orange votes. If I or my supposed eliminator team had a Shardblade or Grandbow, then I'd have done it quietly, no?

So, I'm banking on a vigilante killing Trelagist.

Overall, this isn't a very good strategy to kill a specific person, is it?

And, why would the GBs want Trelagist dead?

That's all for now. Going to bed.... sleep..... sleep good.....

Edited by Mark IV

Now I'm imagining a Doctor Who themed game where you move from planet to planet and one of the planets is Trenzalore, and while you're there, you're not allowed to speak any lies...

Hey, DC, I'm not in a PM with you right now so I have to ask this here.

On Night 2, you told me about an action you were going to perform that night. Did you tell me the truth?

Day 6: Rematch

Itachi was sore and tired, physically, mentally, and emotionally. He had suffered the losses of both Hellscythe and Luna, two of his closest friends. He had spent the last week searching for the Ghostbloods, using any means necessary to find them and to kill them. He had lost his duel with Wilson terribly. He had had enough. Tonight, he’d find the Ghostbloods. Tonight, he’d end this, one way or another.

Itachi went patrolling the warcamp after dark, clad in his bright flame-colored Shardplate. His sword in his hand and Alerter set up outside his home, he was ready to catch the assassins. As he turned the corner, he saw movement in down the alley. He dashed toward it, blade at the ready.

Senna was walking to Sani’s grave to pay her respects one last time before she devoted all her time to her final papers which should provide the keys to finding the last Ghostbloods. She had finished up her most recent painrial and left it on her table to send off when she got back.

Senna stopped in her tracks, tugged back by the metal tip protruding from her chest. She gasped. Senna fell limp, held up only by the blade. “Death to the nobility,” the shadowy figure whispered as he withdrew his blade from her chest. A figure appeared at the end of the alley and the cloaked killer ran.

Itachi tripped over a lump in the alley. The figure ahead of him got away as he caught himself on his hands. He looked over at what he had fallen on and gagged. Senna’s fresh corpse lay there, blood still spilling from her torso. Itachi stood, suddenly wary as he heard footsteps running towards him.

Storm blue Shardplate rounded the corner first. Kenara dressed in her Plate, and with a Shardblade, saw Itachi first. “I knew it. You’re one of them,” she spat. Mayelek ran up behind Itachi.

“You?” He whispered to Itachi. Kenara nodded in response.

“No, no, it wasn’t me!” Itachi yelled. “The killer ran that way, he pointed down the alley.

“Lies,” Wilson said. She lunged with her blade, ready for another match with Itachi. He parried with his blade, diverting her Shardblade from killing him, but severing his own blade in the process. Made of mundane steel, it couldn’t stand up to the soul-carving metal of Shardblades.

He began to block with his gauntlets and managed to grab her Blade in one hands. Reaching in closer, he managed to pound one of his fists into her side, cracking her Plate just slightly. He repeated the motion, expanding the cracks slowly.

Itachi’s back spasmed forward. Hit by another Shardblade, he was thrown off balance. He spun viciously to see Mayelek pounding his back with his own, large Shardblade. Itachi leaped at him, knowing his Plate could outlast Mayelek’s bare skin. His opponent took up Windstance, quickly striking and parrying over and over. Itachi blocked each with his bracers, forearms taking the blows. Left, right, left, he blocked over and over. He managed to get one of his boots up off the ground. He pounded his foot into Mayelek’s stomach, throwing the man back, knocking the air out of him.

Just in time, he spun to meet Kenara’s next blow. She had recovered from his punches and had resumed her attacks. Vambraces shattered, gauntlets cracked, Itachi prepared for his final fight. For after this fight, he’d join his brother and sister in the Tranquiline Halls.

Fists flying, feet bounding, Itachi blocked the next few strikes from Kenara’s Blade. Then Mayelek recovered from his kick.

Mayelek swung his Blade into Itachi’s side, shattering the Plate on his left. Itachi wavered. He wouldn’t be strong enough to hold the Plate up if another piece on that side shattered. He limped forward, grabbing for Mayelek’s arm. Kenara took the chance to strike and shattered the armor on Itachi’s left thigh. Itachi’s grab missed completely as he crumpled to the ground.

“I’m sorry,” Mayelek said as he stabbed downwards.

“I’m not,” Kenara said. She dismissed her Blade and watched as Mayelek finished Itachi off. That was one more Ghostblood taken care of, she knew.

Itachi’s spirit gone, off to serve the Stormfather with Luna and Hellscythe, they searched his body for anything incriminating. Anything. Kenara became frantic. “There has to be something. He has be one of them.” But in the end, Mayelek and Kenara found nothing on Itatchi. Kenara and Arisia broke down. Itatchi had been their best lead. Their only lead.

Itachi was stabbed with a Shardblade! He was a Noble with an Alerter and Shardplate.

Senna was killed by the Ghostbloods! She was a Noble Artifabrian with a Soulcaster.

Day will end in 48 hours.

Edited by Mailliw73

..... Seriously? What the storms was DC doing? He deliberately lied to a Shardblade wielder, claiming to have protected me with a Painrial while he had Shardplate. I checked with him several times and he maintained the lie. What the storms was the point of lying that blatantly to someone you claimed to think was town and trustworthy if you weren't an eliminator???

Edit: to be clear, you can't hold both a Painrial and a suit of Shardplate at the sense time. If you have one and get the other, you have to drop one.

Edited by Nyali

No. We killed you because you outright lied to us this turn after that absurd duel yesterday. You were super suspicious, and now you're helping the Ghostbloods by telling them where we hid the Shardblade because we know they have a Soulcaster from Lopen. Thanks for that :|