Soo: The Aon for Mathematics

Argent

What it does we don't know :) Many of the Aons have effects that are strongly in line with what the Aons mean, but it's not all of them - Aon Ien means wisdom, but Elantrians use it to heal. So for all we know Aon Soo could be used to pack one's bags in the most volume-efficient way.

Nice! Aon for math... interesting.

But if there is an Aon for "definition"...which let's you assign meaning... MUAHAHAHAHAHA! UNLIMITED POWER!

because assembler and higher level languages and instant casting...

Edited by Oversleep

Nice! Aon for math... interesting.

But if there is an Aon for "definition"...which let's you assign meaning... MUAHAHAHAHAHA! UNLIMITED POWER!

because assembler and higher level languages and instant casting...

Programming reality in assembler sounds pretty dangerous.

My friend linked me to this thread.  I didn't realize word would travel so quickly. :P

Here's an image of the Aon:

http://i.imgur.com/oLggRmL.png

The really cool thing is my real name is Pi, and the Aon subtly incorporates the pi symbol, so I'm now subtly a part of Cosmere lore. :P

Instant upvote! Thank you :D

Your name is really Pi?

Yea.  It started out as a nickname in middle school that really really stuck, and I got it legally changed nearly 2 years ago.

Well then. That's pretty cool!

...this would be a bad time to mention that I am more fond of tau (2pi) than pi, yes? :P

Well then. That's pretty cool!

...this would be a bad time to mention that I am more fond of tau (2pi) than pi, yes? :P

This comes up a lot, as you could imagine ;) (as does "Have you seen the Life of Pi?" to which I respond "No, because I don't want the ending spoiled!")  Tau makes some equations nicer, and others more complicated.  Its two sides of the same coin, and just comes down to definitions.  There are some equations that are made simpler by pi/4, and that's an equally valid concept.

I didn't embrace the nickname Pi because I'm some huge fan of the ratio between a circles circumference and diameter.  I embraced it for more abstract reasons: It represents a passion for mathematics, for precision.  It represents a fascination with the infinite and the recursive.

(EDIT: Can you tell that I'm someone who has weird opinions about weird things?)

Edited by Quantumplation

My friend linked me to this thread.  I didn't realize word would travel so quickly. :P

Here's an image of the Aon:

http://i.imgur.com/oLggRmL.png

The really cool thing is my real name is Pi, and the Aon subtly incorporates the pi symbol, so I'm now subtly a part of Cosmere lore. :P

Upvotes away!  Also, everyone here with a reddit account has even odds of having that thread open 24/7, so it doesn't surprise me in the slightest.  

(Also, the bit of the aon that "subtly incorporates" pi shows up in loads of places throughout AonDor, so not only are you a part of math, you're also a part of spirit, justice, and air, among many many others)

While I love Pi, and Pi I'm sure you're a good guy and your life will be splendid (just watch out for overly aggressive plants, okay?)...I'm in the tau camp as well. 

Thanks for sharing this! I wonder if you've started the new wave of "what to ask Brandon to personalize and he promptly decides should not be allowed any more due to time constraints" ;)

Thanks for sharing this! I wonder if you've started the new wave of "what to ask Brandon to personalize and he promptly decides should not be allowed any more due to time constraints" ;)

I was going to negotiate a personalization in which he reveals how the Aonic alphabet works in its fullest. Decided it may have been a tad too much.

• 2 weeks later...

This comes up a lot, as you could imagine ;) (as does "Have you seen the Life of Pi?" to which I respond "No, because I don't want the ending spoiled!")  Tau makes some equations nicer, and others more complicated.  Its two sides of the same coin, and just comes down to definitions.  There are some equations that are made simpler by pi/4, and that's an equally valid concept.

I didn't embrace the nickname Pi because I'm some huge fan of the ratio between a circles circumference and diameter.  I embraced it for more abstract reasons: It represents a passion for mathematics, for precision.  It represents a fascination with the infinite and the recursive.

(EDIT: Can you tell that I'm someone who has weird opinions about weird things?)

You are in good hands.

I had a thought: AonDor is the magic system that is probably closest to programming. Maybe Soo helps with some of the functions of that.

Brandon apparently considers it very similar to programming. As a developer myself I can't say that I see it. I don't have the full picture though, so there's that.

Brandon apparently considers it very similar to programming. As a developer myself I can't say that I see it. I don't have the full picture though, so there's that.

I thought all the methods of accessing the Dor have some similarity to programming, was the WoB.