The Surgebinder Within (Yet Another KR Quiz)

Mr. Staccato

61% Willshaper

47% Truthwatcher

35% Lightweaver

26% Windrunner

24% Elsecaller

18% Bondsmith

18% Edgedancer

11% Stoneward

6% Sky breaker

0% Dustbringer

I always thought of myself as more of a Skybreaker than anything else, but I've realized your test it's actually fairly accurate. Needs OB stuff, but pretty good. Also, I'm a warrior, not just an adventurer.

67% Willshaper
63% Windrunner
32% Truthwatcher
24% Edgedancer
24% Lightweaver
17% Skybreaker
6% Bondsmith
6% Elsecaller
6% Stoneward
0% Dustbringer

Whew, this is legitimately a good quiz. Too many personality tests offer obvious 'right' and 'wrong' choices towards getting the result you want, but this seems to largely avoid those- I retook it a couple times to try and eke out specific results, with only mixed success. Willshaper is fitting, and Windrunner would be, mostly, if not for a crippling fear of heights :]

I think I'm divergent. None of mine were above 40%:

Dustbringer: 39%

Windrunner: 37%

Stoneward: 33%

Truthwatcher: 32%

Elsecaller: 29%

Lightweaver: 24%

Skybreaker: 22%

Bondsmith: 18%

Edgedancer: 6%

Did anyone else get scattered results?

After taking the quiz, I have to agree that the questions are good. But there needs to be more of them, at least 30, as so far the test is unbalanced and the questions tend to fall line with philosophy of sort, which explains the hard bent toward Elsecaller and Willshaper.

It also wasn't accurate for my highest order. My third was Oathbringer, which makes sense, and Dustrbringer my second, also makes sense for me. But Stoneward? If I am anything, it isn't a stoneward, let me be clear.:P

I will probably take it several times, but would it be unfair to consider my suggestion? Admittedly this is partly because I enjoy these kinds of quize tests. The more the merrier I say.

Update: so here are my results. I averaged out the first time percentages with the percentages from three others I performed an hour ago. These results seem to be more in line with how I function/think/believe, although the strong presence of Stoneward still baffles me. Oh well. Maybe I am? :huh:

53% Bondsmith

46% Stoneward

42% Windrunner

Edited by Curiosity's Splinter

On 12/31/2017 at 6:38 AM, kenod said:

Are there any plans for this to be updated with information from OB?

On 1/11/2018 at 11:00 AM, Curiosity's Splinter said:

After taking the quiz, I have to agree that the questions are good. But there needs to be more of them, at least 30, as so far the test is unbalanced and the questions tend to fall line with philosophy of sort, which explains the hard bent toward Elsecaller and Willshaper.

It also wasn't accurate for my highest order. My third was Oathbringer, which makes sense, and Dustrbringer my second, also makes sense for me. But Stoneward? If I am anything, it isn't a stoneward, let me be clear.:P

I will probably take it several times, but would it be unfair to consider my suggestion? Admittedly this is partly because I enjoy these kinds of quize tests. The more the merrier I say.

Update: so here are my results. I averaged out the first time percentages with the percentages from three others I performed an hour ago. These results seem to be more in line with how I function/think/believe, although the strong presence of Stoneward still baffles me. Oh well. Maybe I am? :huh:

53% Bondsmith

46% Stoneward

42% Windrunner

I'm just getting back to the Shard after a couple months hiatus so I'm currently unsteady on my feet so this is probably going to be nonsensical post but first - yes, @kenod I'm probably going to update this quiz but first I'm going to have to get my copy of Oathbringer first (because literature in my country sucks and they can never ship the books I want in time so I'm probably going to end up with a copy in May kmn)

@Curiousity's Splinter thank you for the earnest opinion. In terms of balancing the scales I'm pretty sure I have the bases covered but yes I'll admit that the questions may be skewed to certain KR orders (or more likely it is extremely difficult to find a sharder who checks the more warrior-esque orders because everybody in the shard is a scholar or an intellectual in some manner or the other XD)

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/16/2017 at 3:44 PM, Totally_Not_A_Worldhopper said:

I got :

65% Lightweaver

33% Willshaper

29% Bondsmith and Elsecaller

26% Truthwatcher

18% Edgedancer

17% Dustbringer

11% Skybreaker and Windrunner

6% Stoneward.

The low rankings on Windrunner, Skybreaker and Stoneward didn't surprise me much, and neither did the placing for Elsecaller and Bondsmith, but I'm shocked by my top 2. I was expecting Truthwatcher and Dustbringer. (since I'm not Honest or Creative, how did I get Lightweaver????)

Tried this again -

53% Lightweaver

47% Truthwatcher

35% Bondsmith

35% Elsecaller

28% Skybreaker

22% Dustbringer

22% Willshaper

11% Stoneward

6% Edgedancer

0% Windrunner

Wow. I'm STILL a Lightweaver. That's strange. I'm gonna pretend I got Truthwatcher or Dustbringer (preferably Dustbringer).

• 3 months later...

I just want to say that this quiz is too amazing for words.

When I took it for myself (not sure if I posted the result here) I got Lightweaver, which surprised me at first, but when I thought about it I realized that I may not be much like Shallan in particular - with all the drawing and stuff - but I do fit their general descriptions, it's just that my creative interests lie elsewhere - with writing, to be precise.

And I just now put a few characters from my stories through it, and - again - found myself surprised, but then realizing that they fit those Orders they got really well. Heck, the one I'd first expected to be a Stoneward (it got in second) had 72% Willshaper, and in particular the attributes (resolve and craftmanship) fit her extremely well. Like, those two attributes are what the character is based on - I just didn't realize they were the Willshaper attributes.

Anyways, amazing quiz! Posting here in part because I feel like this is the best KR quiz out there - by a mile - and it should be the easiest to find of the bunch, rather than the hardest.

First of all, this was a good quiz, I enjoyed taking it.  Here are my results:

47% Bondsmith

47% Elsecaller

39% Stoneward

35% Lightweaver

29% Edgedancer

22% Skybreaker

17% Dustbringer

16% Windrunner

11% Truthwatcher

0% Willshaper 

I'm surprised by Bondsmith and Elsecaller at the top, I had guessed I would be a Lightweaver. 

@Dunny, just a question, does your profile name happen to be from A Wizard of Earthsea?  

I liked it

I will point out that we really are lacking information on a few of the radiants to really have acurracy.

i got Elsecaller which is a little funny since I hate study or pursuit of knowledge. I’ve always identified close to what little we know of the Willshapers. Variety

Spoiler

And murdering sadeas. He deserved it.

But it was really cool!!!

53% Elsecaller

44% Willshaper

37% Truthwatcher

35% Edgedancer

35% Lightweaver

24% Bondsmith

17% Skybreaker

6% Dustbringer

5% Windrunner

And to cap off the "I'm probably a bad (or at least immoral) person list"

0% Stonewards

All jokes aside, nice quiz though.

On 1/14/2018 at 11:59 PM, Mr. Staccato said:

@Curiousity's Splinter thank you for the earnest opinion. In terms of balancing the scales I'm pretty sure I have the bases covered but yes I'll admit that the questions may be skewed to certain KR orders (or more likely it is extremely difficult to find a sharder who checks the more warrior-esque orders because everybody in the shard is a scholar or an intellectual in some manner or the other XD)

Oh, I am 100% warrior. I've always loved school and for the longest time couldn't tell whether I was more Gryffindor or Ravenclaw until I finally realized I even approach school with a warrior's spirit. So I was a bit surprised to get:

59%   Elsecaller

33%   Willshaper

32%   Windrunner

29%   Lightweaver

28%   Skybreaker

21%   Truthwatcher

18%   Bondsmith

11%   Dustbringer

11%   Stoneward

6%     Dustbringer

Admittedly, I do have something of Jasnah's personality in a number of respects, so perhaps I should be less surprised by Elsecaller than I am. I don't think I'm much of a Willshaper, though, and certainly not a Lightweaver. I'd say my top two should be Windrunner and Bondsmith, followed by probably Elsecaller, then maybe Stoneward and Skybreaker? It's tough to go past the top three for me, and I oscillate a bit between whether I'm more Windrunner or Bondsmith on a given day, though I think I'm ultimately a Windrunner.

The results of your quiz matched up with what I already assumed was my order. Willshaper. 

Willshaper - 61%

Edgedancer - 47%

Elsecaller - 47%

Lightweaver - 35%

Bondsmith - 29%

Truthwatcher - 21%

Windrunner - 11%

Skybreaker - 6%

Dustrbringer - 0%

Stoneward - 0%

When I first started trying to match myself to an order I almost immediately gravitated toward Willshapers. The line about how they love adventure, the novel, and the odd, matched me completely. I can very much imagine myself wandering to Shadesmar constantly. I would really love to know what cohesion does. Such a long wait for the next book! Next time Sanderson has a signing nearby I want to see if I can get him to give up a few hints on how Cohesion works!