Read this series up to a point (no spoilers)

mattig89ch

Hidy ho all,

I read this series a while back, but I never kept on with it.

The last novel I read got me to this point:

I remember there were some kind of dogs, and the primary female companion of the series used some kind of fire to erase the dogs from existence.

I also remember, the antagonist took some giant black obelisk in the middle of a city.  By accidentally leading his army into it.

I heard some references that this series just up and stopped.

Did it ever actually complete?  Or did Mr. Sanderson let the series hang as it was, and then moved on?

Hidy ho all,

I read this series a while back, but I never kept on with it.

The last novel I read got me to this point:

I remember there were some kind of dogs, and the primary female companion of the series used some kind of fire to erase the dogs from existence.

I also remember, the antagonist took some giant black obelisk in the middle of a city.  By accidentally leading his army into it.

I heard some references that this series just up and stopped.

Did it ever actually complete?  Or did Mr. Sanderson let the series hang as it was, and then moved on?

That's 4 or 5 I believe.

Brandon took it over when Robert Jordan passed away, finishing books twelve, thirteen and fourteen. The series is now complete.

the primary female companion erasing some kind of dogs from existance is clearly from book 3, when moiraine used balefire against some darkhounds on the road just out of illian.  i don't recognize any giant obelisks, black or any other color. anyway, the series is now finished, so if you are interested you can go read the part you missed.

The obolisk is in the middle of a city.  And I may be mis-remembering it.  Some sort of giant black tower/strong hold, that has withstood attacks time and again.  In the middle of a city.

This is the first time we meet that odd group of warriors, with the women fighters who constantly try to live on the same floor as the hero of the story (forcing him to constantly move up a lvl).

Right, one other thing I remember.  There were a group of people from the other side of the sea.  They would enslave anyone with that weird magic power of theirs.  Using some kind of magic bracelet and collar.  The hero managed to chase them off their landmass.

Book 3 as well?

It's been so long since I read them... But I'm pretty sure the event you mean happened in book 2.

(I really want to reread them, but my copies of the first two books are missing :P)

Edited by Eki

Right, one other thing I remember.  There were a group of people from the other side of the sea.  They would enslave anyone with that weird magic power of theirs.  Using some kind of magic bracelet and collar.  The hero managed to chase them off their landmass.

Book 3 as well?

yeah, that happened in book 2. you definitely stopped in book 3.

One last thing I remember.  And this might have happened in 3 as well.

The magical women who hate men (I think they wear red cloaks) had captured the hero.  idk why they did this, but I remember it happening.

Though I don't remember anything past that plot point.