2,838 posts in this topic

11 hours ago, Blaze1616 said:

Hrm, good question. Though to be fair, we are in an alternate universe where the term "vanilla" is in use to describe humans. Unfortunately I don't own e-book copies to do a quick search for the answer to this.

Also, it turns out my original idea as mentioned in my previous post likely won't work given how bare bones Gleeman's descriptions of Mannequin's powers are. However my research revealed that Chase does exactly what I was hoping Mannequin could do, so the real question is this; @winter devotion, are you planning on rejoining all threads or only specific ones? Chase is going to get involved in Corvallis soon-ish.

I'm not sure about Salem and the Dalles for now, but Corvallis, yes! 
Should I just do a filler Chase post to reintroduce her for now?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

I've got quite a while to go before that happens. :lol:

@Voidus, I personally think you should wait until Crankshift gets set up. He just got here, you know.

Yeah I did mention that he could arrive either in the morning (Post-time skip) or at night. 
@Screwloose which would you prefer Crankshaft to arrive at? I didn't see anything in the post indicating one way or the other.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cognizantastic said:

Aww, thanks Edge. That really means a lot to me. I'm happy to be a part of this great thing that we have going here. ^_^

Heh. I appreciate it, Voidus. Once I have time again, I look forward to doing some really fun stuff with you and @Kobold King in the Backtrack plot. Oh, and Chimera vs. Lightwards is going to be great too! I'm sure Kobold will appreciate the break from me bugging him to write, though. :P 

Would you two (or anyone else) be interested in reading my article when it's published? The issue's topic was about social media, so I wrote a short story about Shakespeare being snatched from the past and introduced to things like Snapchat and potatoes. :D

I am unsure how exactly the Bard would react to Snapchat but I'm sure he'd love potatoes. :P
Yeah I'd love to!

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Comatose said:

My next plans were (a) to have Rainmaker and the Queen's meet, (b) check in with Princess GOOD, (c) have another public "speech" type scene where Rainmaker addresses the population, and (d) secrets (let me know if I am missing anything.  

What were your ideas for moving the plot along?  I'm open to pretty much anything :).  

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

I'm not sure about Salem and the Dalles for now, but Corvallis, yes! 
Should I just do a filler Chase post to reintroduce her for now?

So it occurred to me while writing my latest post that there's a really easy way to track down Iconoclast. He's shifting vanillas and turning them into monsters. Chase has every vanilla in Corvallis tagged. More than that, Chase has shown on the first page of the thread that she can, at will, feel the emotions of her tagged vanillas. And even more than that, she can put her consciousness into their bodies at will. We literally have an Iconoclast detector. Or, now that he's gifting instead of shifting himself, we have a gifted detector, which in itself proves useful for tracking Iconoclast down (both his movements and his description).

I'm honestly a little upset with myself that it's taken me this long to realize this. My original plan was for Mannequin to have an army of puppets spread out across the city to find Iconoclast, but even though he has no defined range, he can't sense through all of them at once. Chase, though, can.

So my plan only moves the Iconoclast plot along, and even then just a little bit. Better than nothing though, in my mind.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blaze1616 said:

So it occurred to me while writing my latest post that there's a really easy way to track down Iconoclast. He's shifting vanillas and turning them into monsters. Chase has every vanilla in Corvallis tagged. More than that, Chase has shown on the first page of the thread that she can, at will, feel the emotions of her tagged vanillas. And even more than that, she can put her consciousness into their bodies at will. We literally have an Iconoclast detector. Or, now that he's gifting instead of shifting himself, we have a gifted detector, which in itself proves useful for tracking Iconoclast down (both his movements and his description).

I'm honestly a little upset with myself that it's taken me this long to realize this. My original plan was for Mannequin to have an army of puppets spread out across the city to find Iconoclast, but even though he has no defined range, he can't sense through all of them at once. Chase, though, can.

So my plan only moves the Iconoclast plot along, and even then just a little bit. Better than nothing though, in my mind.

So will Chase realize this and then share this information with Rainmaker? Also, can you summarize what I've missed in Corvalis, so I don't hav eto go through and read all the way back? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Yeah I did mention that he could arrive either in the morning (Post-time skip) or at night. 
@Screwloose which would you prefer Crankshaft to arrive at? I didn't see anything in the post indicating one way or the other.

Mornings fine if that keeps things moving. I wasn't quite sure what time it was supposed to be at that point.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, winter devotion said:

So will Chase realize this and then share this information with Rainmaker? Also, can you summarize what I've missed in Corvalis, so I don't hav eto go through and read all the way back? 

If you want Chase to realize this and propose it as a plan, then sure! If that kind of a realization isn't something Chase would make, I can have Blossom or Buttercup bring it up as well. Up to you, you know Chase better than I do. ^_^

As for a summary, I'm not entirely certain where you left at, but here you go:

  • Insight still has Euphoria. Blossom has been tasked to track him down, but is struggling to come up with a means of doing so. She has a plan with which she is unsure about, that involves Bubbles and can't happen until tomorrow in game time. Whether or not this works is totally up to Comatose.
  • Iconoclast has begun to gift his abilities to vanillas, and sends them off to "shift" groups of humans in an area. Corvallis Security is currently managing to keep up with his efforts, but he could easily out do them if he so chose. Iconoclast has also made an ally with a female Epic, though there hasn't been really any posts of them since this happened (if memory serves).
  • Converter is still trapped in the Sports Fields. Nothing's happened with this plot whatsoever, mostly because her owner (I forget the user's name) has left the RP.
  • The human rebellion plot has hardly progressed. I'm unsure if it's been dropped or not, to be honest.
  • Rainmaker has spent the day dealing with a few new High Epics coming into town. The owners of these High Epics are still involved, if I'm not mistaken, but the in game day has been moving slowly so they haven't had many posts.
  • Argon, another High Epic who kept his status as a High Epic secret when entering, is currently under investigation by Buttercup and Kenshin, who are wanting to know for certain whether he is or isn't a High Epic. Buttercup is currently confident he is a High Epic, and has called in Blossom for help. I am unsure what Kenshin's thoughts on the matter are as of right now.
  • Jumpdrive has gotten a taste for what real combat is like during a ghoul encounter.
  • Princess G.O.O.D. is cleaning up the messes of all the ghoul attacks. I'm personally interested to see where she goes from here, as I like her as a character.
  • There's also a vanilla named Summer who is a servant for a chull named Drainer. I'm not sure where Mestiv plans for this to go, but it seems Argon may get involved.

I do not believe I missed anything? There's some other Epics that have posts, but have not really done anything worth mentioning in forever, and I don't believe their owners are around anymore?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Blaze1616 said:

If you want Chase to realize this and propose it as a plan, then sure! If that kind of a realization isn't something Chase would make, I can have Blossom or Buttercup bring it up as well. Up to you, you know Chase better than I do. ^_^

As for a summary, I'm not entirely certain where you left at, but here you go:

  • Insight still has Euphoria. Blossom has been tasked to track him down, but is struggling to come up with a means of doing so. She has a plan with which she is unsure about, that involves Bubbles and can't happen until tomorrow in game time. Whether or not this works is totally up to Comatose.
  • Iconoclast has begun to gift his abilities to vanillas, and sends them off to "shift" groups of humans in an area. Corvallis Security is currently managing to keep up with his efforts, but he could easily out do them if he so chose. Iconoclast has also made an ally with a female Epic, though there hasn't been really any posts of them since this happened (if memory serves).
  • Converter is still trapped in the Sports Fields. Nothing's happened with this plot whatsoever, mostly because her owner (I forget the user's name) has left the RP.
  • The human rebellion plot has hardly progressed. I'm unsure if it's been dropped or not, to be honest.
  • Rainmaker has spent the day dealing with a few new High Epics coming into town. The owners of these High Epics are still involved, if I'm not mistaken, but the in game day has been moving slowly so they haven't had many posts.
  • Argon, another High Epic who kept his status as a High Epic secret when entering, is currently under investigation by Buttercup and Kenshin, who are wanting to know for certain whether he is or isn't a High Epic. Buttercup is currently confident he is a High Epic, and has called in Blossom for help. I am unsure what Kenshin's thoughts on the matter are as of right now.
  • Jumpdrive has gotten a taste for what real combat is like during a ghoul encounter.
  • Princess G.O.O.D. is cleaning up the messes of all the ghoul attacks. I'm personally interested to see where she goes from here, as I like her as a character.
  • There's also a vanilla named Summer who is a servant for a chull named Drainer. I'm not sure where Mestiv plans for this to go, but it seems Argon may get involved.

I do not believe I missed anything? There's some other Epics that have posts, but have not really done anything worth mentioning in forever, and I don't believe their owners are around anymore?

Sounds good. I'm working on a fic right now, I'll do a post tomorrow, maybe? (It's not sanderson)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From what i remember, way back at the start of Corvallis Winter and I decided that shifted vanillas count as having 'died' from Chase's perspective, so she loses them. So there isn't an immediate way to tell if a 'dead' human died or was shifted. You can narrow things down certainly, but that relies on Chase WANTING to be so proactive and important. Issues arise if she becomes their Icono-tracker for her weakness.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Blackhoof said:

From what i remember, way back at the start of Corvallis Winter and I decided that shifted vanillas count as having 'died' from Chase's perspective, so she loses them. So there isn't an immediate way to tell if a 'dead' human died or was shifted. You can narrow things down certainly, but that relies on Chase WANTING to be so proactive and important. Issues arise if she becomes their Icono-tracker for her weakness.

Well she's able to tell when she loses a tag, and losing multiple tags in succession from a specific area of the city would allow her to then jump to a tag in the area and see what's going on. As for her weakness, I won't argue if this is enough to trigger it, but as a Queen there must be some sort of tolerance. If the weakness activates anytime she's ever important ever, being a Queen at all, even a "behind the scenes" one, would be impossible, and in fact being an Epic at all would be impossible if we were to take it to the extreme.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Summer, Drainer and Argon will have scenes together :) I have plans for them :ph34r:

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Mestiv said:

@Comatosewill this speech be announced some way? I want Argon to hear it, but first he would have to know about it :P

I thought I responded to these earlier today, but I guess my post did not go through.  Argon will definitely hear about it -- there will be an announcement :)

 

12 hours ago, Blaze1616 said:

So it occurred to me while writing my latest post that there's a really easy way to track down Iconoclast. He's shifting vanillas and turning them into monsters. Chase has every vanilla in Corvallis tagged. More than that, Chase has shown on the first page of the thread that she can, at will, feel the emotions of her tagged vanillas. And even more than that, she can put her consciousness into their bodies at will. We literally have an Iconoclast detector. Or, now that he's gifting instead of shifting himself, we have a gifted detector, which in itself proves useful for tracking Iconoclast down (both his movements and his description).

I'm honestly a little upset with myself that it's taken me this long to realize this. My original plan was for Mannequin to have an army of puppets spread out across the city to find Iconoclast, but even though he has no defined range, he can't sense through all of them at once. Chase, though, can.

So my plan only moves the Iconoclast plot along, and even then just a little bit. Better than nothing though, in my mind.

Sounds like a decent plan to me :ph34r:.

12 hours ago, Blaze1616 said:

If you want Chase to realize this and propose it as a plan, then sure! If that kind of a realization isn't something Chase would make, I can have Blossom or Buttercup bring it up as well. Up to you, you know Chase better than I do. ^_^

As for a summary, I'm not entirely certain where you left at, but here you go:

  • Insight still has Euphoria. Blossom has been tasked to track him down, but is struggling to come up with a means of doing so. She has a plan with which she is unsure about, that involves Bubbles and can't happen until tomorrow in game time. Whether or not this works is totally up to Comatose.
  • Iconoclast has begun to gift his abilities to vanillas, and sends them off to "shift" groups of humans in an area. Corvallis Security is currently managing to keep up with his efforts, but he could easily out do them if he so chose. Iconoclast has also made an ally with a female Epic, though there hasn't been really any posts of them since this happened (if memory serves).
  • Converter is still trapped in the Sports Fields. Nothing's happened with this plot whatsoever, mostly because her owner (I forget the user's name) has left the RP.
  • The human rebellion plot has hardly progressed. I'm unsure if it's been dropped or not, to be honest.
  • Rainmaker has spent the day dealing with a few new High Epics coming into town. The owners of these High Epics are still involved, if I'm not mistaken, but the in game day has been moving slowly so they haven't had many posts.
  • Argon, another High Epic who kept his status as a High Epic secret when entering, is currently under investigation by Buttercup and Kenshin, who are wanting to know for certain whether he is or isn't a High Epic. Buttercup is currently confident he is a High Epic, and has called in Blossom for help. I am unsure what Kenshin's thoughts on the matter are as of right now.
  • Jumpdrive has gotten a taste for what real combat is like during a ghoul encounter.
  • Princess G.O.O.D. is cleaning up the messes of all the ghoul attacks. I'm personally interested to see where she goes from here, as I like her as a character.
  • There's also a vanilla named Summer who is a servant for a chull named Drainer. I'm not sure where Mestiv plans for this to go, but it seems Argon may get involved.

I do not believe I missed anything? There's some other Epics that have posts, but have not really done anything worth mentioning in forever, and I don't believe their owners are around anymore?

One clarification - Converter is outside the city now.  Gelliton air-proofed her prison, and then  Converter suffocated and reincarnated outside the Bubble.  

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blaze1616 said:

Well she's able to tell when she loses a tag, and losing multiple tags in succession from a specific area of the city would allow her to then jump to a tag in the area and see what's going on. As for her weakness, I won't argue if this is enough to trigger it, but as a Queen there must be some sort of tolerance. If the weakness activates anytime she's ever important ever, being a Queen at all, even a "behind the scenes" one, would be impossible, and in fact being an Epic at all would be impossible if we were to take it to the extreme.

 

true, but I figure that she loses tags from normal deaths here and there constantly. Epics killing their servants, people dying from normal methods. And in this period of chaos, the level of tag-losses would jump way up.
It can still help narrow things down, but I think only if the ghouls are being hidden. If they are out in the open they will be noticed very quickly anyway and at best you get a few minutes faster response time. Its a worthwhile strategy to try, anyway.

True, but at the moment her role is quite minor among the Queens. If she suddenly becomes their primary method for taking down one of the greater threats to Corvallis security, she will freak out. Even if it doesn't trigger her weakness, her paranoia about it (and about becoming a target) might just get her to run away, or hide her usefulness. Her characterisation so far has been nothing if not that of a maximum scaredy-cat who runs at the first sign of trouble, danger or importance.

That said, she is already established as having fought ghouls using her powers before, during the attacks.

 

12 hours ago, Blaze1616 said:

If you want Chase to realize this and propose it as a plan, then sure! If that kind of a realization isn't something Chase would make, I can have Blossom or Buttercup bring it up as well. Up to you, you know Chase better than I do. ^_^

As for a summary, I'm not entirely certain where you left at, but here you go:

  • Insight still has Euphoria. Blossom has been tasked to track him down, but is struggling to come up with a means of doing so. She has a plan with which she is unsure about, that involves Bubbles and can't happen until tomorrow in game time. Whether or not this works is totally up to Comatose.
  • Iconoclast has begun to gift his abilities to vanillas, and sends them off to "shift" groups of humans in an area. Corvallis Security is currently managing to keep up with his efforts, but he could easily out do them if he so chose. Iconoclast has also made an ally with a female Epic, though there hasn't been really any posts of them since this happened (if memory serves).
  • Converter is still trapped in the Sports Fields. Nothing's happened with this plot whatsoever, mostly because her owner (I forget the user's name) has left the RP.
  • The human rebellion plot has hardly progressed. I'm unsure if it's been dropped or not, to be honest.
  • Rainmaker has spent the day dealing with a few new High Epics coming into town. The owners of these High Epics are still involved, if I'm not mistaken, but the in game day has been moving slowly so they haven't had many posts.
  • Argon, another High Epic who kept his status as a High Epic secret when entering, is currently under investigation by Buttercup and Kenshin, who are wanting to know for certain whether he is or isn't a High Epic. Buttercup is currently confident he is a High Epic, and has called in Blossom for help. I am unsure what Kenshin's thoughts on the matter are as of right now.
  • Jumpdrive has gotten a taste for what real combat is like during a ghoul encounter.
  • Princess G.O.O.D. is cleaning up the messes of all the ghoul attacks. I'm personally interested to see where she goes from here, as I like her as a character.
  • There's also a vanilla named Summer who is a servant for a chull named Drainer. I'm not sure where Mestiv plans for this to go, but it seems Argon may get involved.

I do not believe I missed anything? There's some other Epics that have posts, but have not really done anything worth mentioning in forever, and I don't believe their owners are around anymore?

two clarifications- Iconoclast has found a new house and gone to sleep, his ally tagging along, since he recruited her.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Neverthere post up.
Someone pass the brain bleach please. :mellow:

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Voidus said:

New Neverthere post up.
Someone pass the brain bleach please. :mellow:

I'll save the brain bleach until after Quota releases his grip on my account, so I can remember to upvote it. :mellow: 

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Comatose said:

One clarification - Converter is outside the city now.  Gelliton air-proofed her prison, and then  Converter suffocated and reincarnated outside the Bubble.  

13 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

two clarifications- Iconoclast has found a new house and gone to sleep, his ally tagging along, since he recruited her.

Thank you!

13 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

true, but I figure that she loses tags from normal deaths here and there constantly. Epics killing their servants, people dying from normal methods. And in this period of chaos, the level of tag-losses would jump way up.
It can still help narrow things down, but I think only if the ghouls are being hidden. If they are out in the open they will be noticed very quickly anyway and at best you get a few minutes faster response time. Its a worthwhile strategy to try, anyway.

True, but at the moment her role is quite minor among the Queens. If she suddenly becomes their primary method for taking down one of the greater threats to Corvallis security, she will freak out. Even if it doesn't trigger her weakness, her paranoia about it (and about becoming a target) might just get her to run away, or hide her usefulness. Her characterisation so far has been nothing if not that of a maximum scaredy-cat who runs at the first sign of trouble, danger or importance.

That said, she is already established as having fought ghouls using her powers before, during the attacks.

I don't believe the current situation of the city would cause the number of vanilla deaths to increase on a large scale. Though there ought to be a general state of panic, it's not like people are running around the streets in riot. The city is continuing as normal until some event occurs that changes that status quo, such as a ghoul attack. This has been shown through a number of posts, mine and yours included. That said, I agree that it's not a fool proof plan.

I would argue she's not the primary method of taking down Iconoclast, she's merely being used as a means to help find him. She'd also never be in direct danger, as she can perform these tasks from the security of any of her secret hideouts. Of course, I don't think I know Chase well enough to speak towards how she'd react to any of this, that's all up to Winter.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My opinion on her is that as long as absolutely nobody besides the other Queens knows about the new update, she'll be fine... however if someone 'accidentally' leaks that information to the entire city... 

 

Well, I'd count on her cowering in a corner for a long, long, time, maybe even quitting being a Queen entirely. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have more bad puns/jokes. I expect many upvotes. :P

I have discovered a very easy way to make money. First, you buy 50 female pigs. Then, you get 50 male deer. Then you put them together. In the end, you have 100 sows and bucks.

A long time ago, there was a wild cat. This cat was killed by a hunter, who used a shotgun. Unfortunately, he literally blew off the front half of the cat. So he bronzed the butt and put it on a trophy stand. On his way home the next day, however, he died in a car crash. Thus, came the first cat-as-trophy

Does being silent mean you have to listen? Or does listening mean you must be silent?

Stifle is a strange word. It's an anagram of itself.

Any plans for Abaddon Voidus?

Edited by breakingamber
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hahaha. 

 

Is it just me or is the activity really low lately? 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

Hahaha. 

 

Is it just me or is the activity really low lately? 

Depends what you mean with lately. Activity has sadly been comparitvely low for a while now.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Edgedancer said:

Depends what you mean with lately. Activity has sadly been comparitvely low for a while now.

What happened to Kobold?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, winter devotion said:

What happened to Kobold?

Couldn't tell you.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Couldn't tell you.

What did happen to Kobold? Why can't you tell? Is it because you don't know, because the way you say it, it seems like you know but won't tell.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.