2,838 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/oregon-fireball_us_57cc741fe4b0a22de096706a

Well folks, it looks like the Unicyclist learned how to fly.

that strikes me as ominous.

16 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Okay, quick poll. Post your response, A or B: 

A. Leave the thread up until 3,000 posts. I want to see what happens. 

B. Close it and start a new one. I want to see the new tags/pugs/hooded figures. 

A.

but if its any consolation here, have this

Image result for pugs and hooded figures

its a figure wearing a pug hood. its a pug hooded figure.

Edited by WarriorMark16

I have no internet right now, but an Altermind post is in the works and I will post it when I can.  Am I correct that he just got ditched by Fun Times and Co and is now alone in his floating office?  Anyone who chatted with Mailliw have any guidance where I should head next with him, or is it fine to just go for it?  

Also, for those of you who remember Ian Buhler, I'm thinking of putting him in Portland instead of the Dalles.  Any reason I should not??

2 minutes ago, Comatose said:

I have no internet right now, but an Altermind post is in the works and I will post it when I can.  Am I correct that he just got ditched by Fun Times and Co and is now alone in his floating office?  Anyone who chatted with Mailliw have any guidance where I should head next with him, or is it fine to just go for it?  

Also, for those of you who remember Ian Buhler, I'm thinking of putting him in Portland instead of the Dalles.  Any reason I should not??

You are correct in that assumption but I'm afraid I can't remember if Mailliw already had any plans for Altermind this day.

You mean the lorist? I couldn't think of anything that would speak against it. Any reason for the change, if I may ask?

Just now, Edgedancer said:

You are correct in that assumption but I'm afraid I can't remember if Mailliw already had any plans for Altermind this day.

You mean the lorist? I couldn't think of anything that would speak against it. Any reason for the change, if I may ask?

Yeah the Lorist.  Just reading through Portland again got me excited about Portland, so I thought it would be fun to have one of my own characters there, and I had a Vanilla handy so why not?  I think he'd also do well in the Dalles so I'm open to either.  

Completely off topic, but does anyone read xkcd? It's a really funny webcomic, and the most recent one is rather fitting for me...

http://xkcd.com/1729/

Edited by Weirdpersonx

Sorry. I have...really fallen behind. 'll try and get Dalles updated tomorrow...sorry...

I'm confused. Where is the actual roleplaying game? Did I misclick on the Rogue Admins page?

3 minutes ago, Ecthelion III said:

I'm confused. Where is the actual roleplaying game? Did I misclick on the Rogue Admins page?

This is the Out of character/planning thread, the actual roleplay happens in the 'what happened in...' threads.

9 hours ago, Ecthelion III said:

We joke around, post pictures of pugs, post random insanity, and plan for the actual RP, which can be found on the topic listing Reckoners RPG. The "What happened in X" threads. 

Edited by breakingamber

So I may have said this before and I approach this topic tentatively, mindful of the huge pile of failed RP corpses that lie before me, all struggling in vain to reach the Reckoners RPs staggering popularity and longevity.

But I may be starting up a new RP soon. It's mostly to aid in the preliminary stages of a game I'm making (Or rather, struggling to make) so it'd be a lot more hard and rules-based than the Reckoners RP but I think there's some fun to be had there, or at least I hope there is since that's the whole point of making a game.
Basic premise is rather shamelessly ripped from the plot of countless Animes, Manga and Light novels: Gamer gets stuck inside an MMORPG and is trying to get out. Slight difference, not all players got stuck in the game and those that didn't continue playing from their computers, still interacting with the characters who are stuck in the game and thinking they're just really into Role playing.

I have an insane skill and ability tree already worked out and some general mechanics laid out on paper at least. Worldbuilding is still a work in progress but should be plenty to get people started and fleshing out the world is really one of the goals for hosting an RP.

So anyone interested in something like this?

2 minutes ago, Voidus said:

So I may have said this before and I approach this topic tentatively, mindful of the huge pile of failed RP corpses that lie before me, all struggling in vain to reach the Reckoners RPs staggering popularity and longevity.

But I may be starting up a new RP soon. It's mostly to aid in the preliminary stages of a game I'm making (Or rather, struggling to make) so it'd be a lot more hard and rules-based than the Reckoners RP but I think there's some fun to be had there, or at least I hope there is since that's the whole point of making a game.
Basic premise is rather shamelessly ripped from the plot of countless Animes, Manga and Light novels: Gamer gets stuck inside an MMORPG and is trying to get out. Slight difference, not all players got stuck in the game and those that didn't continue playing from their computers, still interacting with the characters who are stuck in the game and thinking they're just really into Role playing.

I have an insane skill and ability tree already worked out and some general mechanics laid out on paper at least. Worldbuilding is still a work in progress but should be plenty to get people started and fleshing out the world is really one of the goals for hosting an RP.

I LIKE RULES RPGS YES

... Imean, I jump on too many RPG's to begin with. But I do find having rule sets pretty useful? It gives ideas for characters, and hard facts on what you can or can't do, and... I dunno. Maybe I just played too much Pathfinder recently, but I find having rules really useful?

...So yes, I would be interested. If that's okay. :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I LIKE RULES RPGS YES

... Imean, I jump on too many RPG's to begin with. But I do find having rule sets pretty useful? It gives ideas for characters, and hard facts on what you can or can't do, and... I dunno. Maybe I just played too much Pathfinder recently, but I find having rules really useful?

...So yes, I would be interested. If that's okay. :ph34r:

I'm going for a bit of a balance and the rules are made for a computer game not a tabletop so there might be a brief adjustment period where I need to define more rules but if that still interests you then awesome!
I'm going to be doing a little more advertising/inquiring around the forum and then probably get something up this weekend.
:D
Or I may get very excited and start something very basic tomorrow, mostly involving character creation and perhaps the first tutorial for whoever's agreed by then. :P

13 minutes ago, Voidus said:

I am at the very least interested.:ph34r:

Hmm not sure if I'd be into that, wait and see how it develops i suppose.

Sounds interesting though :)

Yes. I am most definitely interested. Excuse me while I scream in excitement. I would love to join this. XD^_^

Confession: everytime I post a Reckoners post, I immediatly run off and apologise in PM's and get all anxious.:wacko:

Quiver does not have Lyla's confidence.

10 hours ago, Voidus said:

I would be interested...

the game should be called The Adventurer. :P

This sounds interesting. I'll give it a shot.

@Voidus That sounds like it would be a load of fun! I would love to join and help out, if you want help.:D Also, sorry I haven't posted in a while, I've been busy with school.<_<

Still no internet thanks to a miscommunication between our building manager and the internet provider which was not our fault at all.  With students returning for University getting hooked up it looks like we might not have service until the 21st :(.  Hopefully I'll be able to write some without wifi and then find a spot to upload from.   I'll keep you posted!

Yay! Support for another idea! Well as I said it may take a bit of time for me to adjust the format correctly but I'll get an introductory OOC thread up soon with more info for those interested. :D

8 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

That sounds really cool, @Voidus. I hope it goes well!

Oh, and out of curiosity, whatever happened to the little WHiO video game you were working on so long ago? :P 

edit: Excellent post as usual, @Quiver. :D

I'm actually not sure, I had a level finished for it, pretty basic but still good, now I think it's buried in my folder of projects that I started but didn't finish. :unsure:

7 hours ago, WarriorMark16 said:

I would be interested...

the game should be called The Adventurer. :P

I would definitely do so if I wasn't worried about just turning it into the Reckonersverse and then having copyright issues :P As it is I'll content myself with putting in little easter eggs that no one other than us will ever understand. :P

5 hours ago, Voidus said:

Yay! Support for another idea! Well as I said it may take a bit of time for me to adjust the format correctly but I'll get an introductory OOC thread up soon with more info for those interested. :D

I'm actually not sure, I had a level finished for it, pretty basic but still good, now I think it's buried in my folder of projects that I started but didn't finish. :unsure:

I would definitely do so if I wasn't worried about just turning it into the Reckonersverse and then having copyright issues :P As it is I'll content myself with putting in little easter eggs that no one other than us will ever understand. :P

"I don't get it. Why does every NPC end their dialogue with 'And then Nighthound died'? What's a Nighthound?!"

50 minutes ago, Quiver said:

"I don't get it. Why does every NPC end their dialogue with 'And then Nighthound died'? What's a Nighthound?!"

He gets the commercial rights, if I get a cut of the merchandise.:ph34r:

12 hours ago, Quiver said:

"I don't know... but I'm getting the feeling I probably want him dead."