18 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I think you misunderstand. There's no required fight for new players or characters. This game is more character driven, and while there are definitely fights, they're by no means a requirement. We do ask that new players with Epics write a scene demonstrating how their powers work and post it here in the Question, but there's no required fight. 

True, while a fight is an straight forward way to do it, it could be anything as long as it displays how the powers work, from mountain climbing to making dinner.

On a note that's definetly a fight. Seeing how Timeport is an NPC for now, I should probably put it to the majority how to deal with the scene between him and Lucentia. Although, I do see Timeport having trouble doing much against Lucentia.

17 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I think you misunderstand. There's no required fight for new players or characters. This game is more character driven, and while there are definitely fights, they're by no means a requirement. We do ask that new players with Epics write a scene demonstrating how their powers work and post it here in the Question, but there's no required fight. 

Oh, I see... So it's just a demonstration of power, right? Got it. 

"You want a demonstration of my powers?" Arclight asked. "Well, that's easy." 

He summoned a big ball of electricity and hurled it at a tank. The electricity hit, and the tank exploded. "That was because the tank was metal, and had fuel and ammunition in it. But this." He zapped a man in the crowd, who fell twitching, and was still after a moment. "That was pure electricity. 1 billion volts. Well, its the current that kills you, really, but the 1 billion part still sound impressive, huh?" 

He began firing lightning bolts at cars, buildings, even people. Soon there was carnage everywhere, burning cars and houses, corpses everywhere. Arclight approached the last woman alive, who was crying on the ground. "But look here." He touched her face, and she fell to the ground, unconscious. "Messing with bioelectricity is always fun." 

He then lifted a burning car up into midair, though he was obviously straining. "Magnetic forces." He explained, and threw the car at another house. "My magnetic field won't affect too high-speeded things like bullets, but a knife and such won't work. The magnetic field also generates electricity, so think twice before punching me." 

He parkoured over a few cars, up onto the rooftops, and climbed an apartment building. Leaped down from second floor, landed, completely unwinded. "Heightened everything. Stamina, dexterity, speed, reflexes, you name it. Well, that's... Pretty much it. Hold on." He approached the camera. "Who are you anyway? Put that thing down!" 

The camera fell to the ground, and someone screamed. 

Arclight left. 

That was ok? xd 

56 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

@Puncake Works for me. Now, assuming no one else has a problem with it, the questions becomes which topics to join, do you want a recap or maybe any preferences we should try to match up?

I would love a recap! Also, there's the thing about which one to join, like you said. Which one is most fit for me? 

31 minutes ago, Puncake said:

I would love a recap! Also, there's the thing about which one to join, like you said. Which one is most fit for me? 

I think astoria. thats where we generally put the more powerful characters. plus I think it would be fun to write a scene with he and ragnarok fighting or even being allies.

17 minutes ago, WarriorMark16 said:

I think astoria. thats where we generally put the more powerful characters. plus I think it would be fun to write a scene with he and ragnarok fighting or even being allies.

No idea who that is xd But sure! Can I get a recap for the plot there? 

1 minute ago, Puncake said:

No idea who that is xd But sure! Can I get a recap for the plot there? 

I may be biased but that does sound like a good reccomendation.:ph34r: Somewhat limited on time right now, so I can't give a full summary but to give you the quick notes, Astoria is a city ruled by very powerful Epics.However their local ruler is currently absent (although that has not besome public knowledge yet) and it just so happens that at this time the city became the target of foreign interest, some by chance and some of them recruited by a traitor within the city.

2 hours ago, Puncake said:

Oh, I see... So it's just a demonstration of power, right? Got it. 

"You want a demonstration of my powers?" Arclight asked. "Well, that's easy." 

He summoned a big ball of electricity and hurled it at a tank. The electricity hit, and the tank exploded. "That was because the tank was metal, and had fuel and ammunition in it. But this." He zapped a man in the crowd, who fell twitching, and was still after a moment. "That was pure electricity. 1 billion volts. Well, its the current that kills you, really, but the 1 billion part still sound impressive, huh?" 

He began firing lightning bolts at cars, buildings, even people. Soon there was carnage everywhere, burning cars and houses, corpses everywhere. Arclight approached the last woman alive, who was crying on the ground. "But look here." He touched her face, and she fell to the ground, unconscious. "Messing with bioelectricity is always fun." 

He then lifted a burning car up into midair, though he was obviously straining. "Magnetic forces." He explained, and threw the car at another house. "My magnetic field won't affect too high-speeded things like bullets, but a knife and such won't work. The magnetic field also generates electricity, so think twice before punching me." 

He parkoured over a few cars, up onto the rooftops, and climbed an apartment building. Leaped down from second floor, landed, completely unwinded. "Heightened everything. Stamina, dexterity, speed, reflexes, you name it. Well, that's... Pretty much it. Hold on." He approached the camera. "Who are you anyway? Put that thing down!" 

The camera fell to the ground, and someone screamed. 

Arclight left. 

That was ok? xd 

what would happen if someone with invulnerability punched him? just as a specific curiosity.

3 hours ago, Puncake said:

"That was pure electricity. 1 billion volts. Well, its the current that kills you, really, but the 1 billion part still sound impressive, huh?" 

Can't, like, just a few hundred volts kill people? 'Cause a billion sounds like kinda a lot. :ph34r:

Arclight scares me.

46 minutes ago, DelightfuI said:

Can't, like, just a few hundred volts kill people? 'Cause a billion sounds like kinda a lot. :ph34r:

Arclight scares me.

I think he was exaggerating.

Well, Arclight sounds interesting, but I think he'd do better in Salem. Then again, I think everyone would do better in Salem. There isn't enough activity there... But he would do well in Salem. His power portfolio makes him a very good choice for the fights, although we haven't done any in the while.

55 minutes ago, DelightfuI said:

Arclight scares me.

Yes, a few hundred can. In fact, 20v can kill you - if the current is strong enough. That's why we see people getting killed by police tasers. 

3 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

I think he was exaggerating.

Well, Arclight sounds interesting, but I think he'd do better in Salem. Then again, I think everyone would do better in Salem. There isn't enough activity there... But he would do well in Salem. His power portfolio makes him a very good choice for the fights, although we haven't done any in the while.

Not exaggerating. His max output is indeed a billion volts, but that would tire him out. 

Salem? 

6 minutes ago, Puncake said:

Yes, a few hundred can. In fact, 20v can kill you - if the current is strong enough. That's why we see people getting killed by police tasers. 

Not exaggerating. His max output is indeed a billion volts, but that would tire him out. 

Salem? 

Ok... wow.

Salem is a city ruled by the semi-benevolent Soulcaster. It's mostly a farming town, but there's an important attraction- the Arena, which draws Epics (and the occasional vanilla), where Epics can fight to the death without dying; it's all in a dream, sort of. Anyway, your Epic would be ideal; he has no PI, but he's pretty powerful.

31 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I'm no expert on electricity or physics, so the answer to this question could very well be "No," but….

If just a few hundred volts will kill you, wouldn't a man struck by a billion volts explode? Or burn to a crisp? It doesn't seem like he should "fall twitching." 

It's not the Volts that hurt you but the Ampers :P

Just now, Puncake said:

Lemme just find him first... 

Eh, @Voidus will probably check this thread anyway once he's on the shard again but if you do want to send him a message directly, you can just tyoe his name into the recipent field in the messenger. Plus, you should at least send him ans Twi your Epic's weakness.

34 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

Eh, @Voidus will probably check this thread anyway once he's on the shard again but if you do want to send him a message directly, you can just tyoe his name into the recipent field in the messenger. Plus, you should at least send him ans Twi your Epic's weakness.

Got it. Anything else I should know? 

On 8/23/2016 at 3:29 PM, Comatose said:

@Chasmfiend can I assume that Chasmifiend falls into line and agrees to serve Rainmaker?  If he does, I don't necessarily need another post from you, I'll just mention is response vaguely and move on so Rainmaker can be at the meeting. 

You would be correct. Yes, Chasmfiend is arrogant, but even he fears something. Well, multiple things. But you get the point.

16 minutes ago, WarriorMark16 said:

if you can poison an epic, but theyre impervious to bullets, does that still classify them as a High Epic?

I would say yes. PI doesn't have to mean immune to all harm; and besides, it's a lot easier to shoot at a paranoid Epic than it would be to try and poison them. 

19 minutes ago, WarriorMark16 said:

if you can poison an epic, but theyre impervious to bullets, does that still classify them as a High Epic?

Yes. The definition of a high Epic means that the Epic is immune to most forms of damage. For example, Fortuity was killed without his weakness in effect.

Edited by breakingamber