6 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Welcome! This is the OOC thread. Did you have a character in mind, or know what thread you want to join?

I do have a character in mind, but I don't know the power range of everyone's characters. Are High Epics allowed? 

And no, I have no idea about threads :( 

24 minutes ago, Puncake said:

I do have a character in mind, but I don't know the power range of everyone's characters. Are High Epics allowed? 

And no, I have no idea about threads :( 

Not for first characters, no. 

You can post your character bio here and other players can give input about where to put them. :)

25 minutes ago, Puncake said:

OK. He was supposed to be a High Epic, so I guess I'd better work on another character and hopefully get him to be a High Epic when I put him up next. 

Gimme some time... I for got where I saved the file xd  

You'll need to play with your Epic character for a while before you can introduce a High Epic. 

5 hours ago, Comatose said:

The term is yours, Voidus.  I'm flattered you'd apply it to your own offspring :D.  

So, since the Kenshin/Argon interaction seems to be near its end, I'm assuming once Kenshin reports to Buttercup we can move on to an all Queen meeting (with Chase as an NPC)?  I think that was next on our list.  In that case, @Chasmfiend can I assume that Chasmifiend falls into line and agrees to serve Rainmaker?  If he does, I don't necessarily need another post from you, I'll just mention is response vaguely and move on so Rainmaker can be at the meeting.

Just checking in that you're keeping ThunderSpear & Nijo in mind for the all-Queen meeting.

I've been an avid RPer for years. Trust me, I know what I'm doing xd

OK. I just checked out the stories... They were pages long. I was used to casual RP with an average of a couple paragraphs... 

That said, here's the character. 

(I'm doing this in a debriefing style unless you want me to be more author-y, I can always change it.) 

Name: Arclight 

Personality: Arclight is very ambitious but extremely reckless and confident. He would charge headfirst into something even if he knew it was a trap, because he think he can shoot his way out. He's also quite annoying at times and really untrusting (and untrusted). If things go bad, he will ditch everyone and everything and save himself. 

Appearance: Arclight is a Caucasian male with black hair and ice-blue eyes. He has tanned skin and an athletic build, standing at around 5"11. He wears a hoodie with a black-and-white design, with black body and white hood and zippers. The cargo pants are black and blue with blue stripes running horizontal around the ankles. 

Powers: Arclight has quite the power portfolio, with lots of powers but nowhere close to being a Hight Epic. He can manipulate electricity and magnetic forces, including bioelectricity (which requires direct contact) and a small magnetic field. He also has heightened reflexes, speed, stamina, strength, and dexterity. He does not have any Prime Invincibility. 

History: Arclight, real name Luke, used to be an ordinary man who was basically average and extremely ordinary in all aspects. He used to work as an electrical engineer, and made quite some money, lead a good life with a fiance. Until Calamity rose and a year later, Arclight became an Epic and killed his fiance out of a murderous rampage. He continued on to conquer a small city which was eventually destroyed by a power struggle between his and another Epic, a fight which he won a pyrrhic victory for, and he now roam the States looking for more people to fight. 

Weakness: Water. Because what else? Arclight fell from a cruise ship as a child once and almost drowned, if not for the ship haven't left the dock yet. 

Was that alright? 

@Puncake Looks like an interesting concept. What's the limit on his electric/magnetic force manipulation? What does the magnetic field do? And how heightened? Olympic level? Better-than-average? For example, what's his max sprinting speed, and what's the longest he can run for, at say 10 mph?

Keep in mind that any feedback you receive is designed to help your character fit in with the RP. And I understand it being a bit overwhelming at first ^o^

We also usually ask for an example of your character in a confrontation of some sort, such as a fight.

Finally, welcome to the Reckoners RP, home of organized chaos and crazy!

2 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

@Puncake Looks like an interesting concept. What's the limit on his electric/magnetic force manipulation? What does the magnetic field do? And how heightened? Olympic level? Better-than-average? For example, what's his max sprinting speed, and what's the longest he can run for, at say 10 mph?

Keep in mind that any feedback you receive is designed to help your character fit in with the RP. And I understand it being a bit overwhelming at first ^o^

We also usually ask for an example of your character in a confrontation of some sort, such as a fight.

Finally, welcome to the Reckoners RP, home of organized chaos and crazy!

There's some limits, like he can't use magnetic powers to life things heavier than an SUV. The electrical powers won't let him teleport like Sourcefield but he can still fry someone's brain or heart with it, or stun someone. He can also mess with their minds by scrambling their bioelectricity. 

His physiques are about double the average human's. So, his max sprinting speed would be at 20mph and he can probably stay there for about five minutes. He can jump about a meter straight up, and his reflexes let him aimdodge. He is pretty much a parkour master. 

So who do I have to fight? 

Just now, Puncake said:

There's some limits, like he can't use magnetic powers to life things heavier than an SUV. The electrical powers won't let him teleport like Sourcefield but he can still fry someone's brain or heart with it, or stun someone. He can also mess with their minds by scrambling their bioelectricity. 

His physiques are about double the average human's. So, his max sprinting speed would be at 20mph and he can probably stay there for about five minutes. He can jump about a meter straight up, and his reflexes let him aimdodge. He is pretty much a parkour master. 

So who do I have to fight? 

Alright. I'll leave final judgement for stats to Twi and the other mods, though the frying might be an issue depending on where he goes.

You can just make a temp OC to mess with. Check through the Epics of Oregon thread for examples.

56 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Alright. I'll leave final judgement for stats to Twi and the other mods, though the frying might be an issue depending on where he goes.

You can just make a temp OC to mess with. Check through the Epics of Oregon thread for examples.

Is there someone's OC or a "NPC" I can use for now? I really don't feel like creating anything right now. 

1 hour ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Just checking in that you're keeping ThunderSpear & Nijo in mind for the all-Queen meeting.

That I bring them up?  I believe there was a planned confrontation between Buttercup and Rainmaker over it, so it'll be fun to play out.  Thanks for checking in about it.

I'd say your could use ThunderSpear, but he's immune to electricity so that wouldn't go well. I made a temp OC for mine, ShadowBreath. He has minor shadow manipulation/creation, though they can't cut, and can create a short-lived clone of himself when he teleports to a nearby shadow (within about 10 meters). Wields a sword. Main synergy is creating a shadow behind his opponent and cloning to it.

Now that I actually listed out his powers, I kinda want to make him a full OC xD

EDIT: Yup Coma, that's it.

Edited by Weirdpersonx

So I just reread the scene where Nighthound uses Lucentia's weakness against her (the infamous page 31 of Portland - EDIT - But it was actually on page 25?  I'm confused now), and went through Question 2 to see if anyone remarked or began theorizing on what her weakness is.  On the way, I found these gems:

On 9/20/2014 at 5:46 PM, Kobold King said:

(A random thought I just had: what if we introduced an NPC Epic who can supercharge other Epic's abilities? Perhaps any Epics who stand within a certain radius of him have their powers amplified by an order of magnitude. Imagine Altermind being able to throw cars with his mind, or Lightwards being capable of controlling hundreds of zombies at a time. It could be a catalyst for inter-faction warfare as they struggled to maintain control of this guy, and the amplified powers would only hasten the Desolation of Oregon.)

On 9/20/2014 at 5:52 PM, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

(That would be scary and kind of awesome, and a great catalyst for more inter-faction warfare, especially once CorpseMaker is gone. Let's make sure he never meets Quota, though. :P

Oops?  I know Upgrade isn't exactly the Epic Kobold was talking about but...

33 minutes ago, Comatose said:

So I just reread the scene where Nighthound uses Lucentia's weakness against her (the infamous page 31 of Portland - EDIT - But it was actually on page 25?  I'm confused now), and went through Question 2 to see if anyone remarked or began theorizing on what her weakness is.  On the way, I found these gems:

The number of characters who started as an offhand comment or joke is quite staggering :P

I could tell you a story about that, but id break the website before I gave all the detailed info...

basically some friends of mine were discussing how one of them seemed to eat the space between objects and (as a result) teleported.

so they assigned each of them a different type of "eating" power, space eater, people eater, and time eater.

the next day we met at the usual spot and they mentioned it as an inside joke.

after they explained the joke to me I made a wise crack, something like: "I guess that makes me a *poses like a super hero* DESTINY eater!."

well, one year, Hundreds of character profiles, A purple "fenglish" notebood, a few dozen ships, a created multiverse, multidimesional transfers, deaths of all our favorite characters, an argument over a cow, and a Homecoming date later we lost interest in the project.

but DANG that was fun.

1 hour ago, Puncake said:

Ooooooh. Can I use him as the (obviously) defeated in the fight? 

Yup, go ahead. The fight isn't supposed to be canon anyway.

1 hour ago, Comatose said:

Ha, have fun trying to guess her weakness from that scene.:ph34r:

just wait until you stumble on the jokes that created Shiny Sparkle.:mellow:

7 hours ago, Puncake said:

The one I'm supposed to have Arclight do. 

I think you misunderstand. There's no required fight for new players or characters. This game is more character driven, and while there are definitely fights, they're by no means a requirement. We do ask that new players with Epics write a scene demonstrating how their powers work and post it here in the Question, but there's no required fight.