Dalles post.

1) Urgh. So much rust. I need more writing practice.

2) ... I don't think I sold it right in the writing, but I'm hoping the last line of my post isn't... inappropriate? I don't think it is -I'd say it's pretty tame- but I'm hoping that the sentiment behind it isn't too dark or anything.

What I'm kind of aiming for, I guess, is... well, you guys pointed out earlier that I don't do characters who are physical very much.

(A consequance of my OCD, I think. The thought of touching things is a great big NOPE for me.)

Lyla is in that same category is not really being a huggy, touchy-feely kind of person. It's part of why she hikes up her hoodie, or fiddles with her camera, instead of touching people.  So, despite her copious amounts of LOUD ENTHUSIASM, she isn't a person whose immediate reaction to meeting a new person is to shake their hand.

So, ordinarily, the amount of affection Shiny is showing her -and the way she's expressing it- would make her uncomfortable. In fact, it kind of is. But...

But Shiny is an Epic.
And she's an Epic who likes Lyla, whose approval Lyla wants.
And she's a grown up.
And she obviously knows more than Lyla does.
And she's an Epic.
And she's already positioned herself as Lyla's surrogate big sister.
And she's an Epic.

(That last point is an important, and subtle, underpinning feeding into all of Lyla's decisions. Throwing it out there in case it wasn't made clear)

So... yeah. Lyla is not exactly comfortable with what's happening, but she's young enough, and emotionally invested enough, in what's happening that she's going to side with BIG SISTER SHINY over BORING NON-EPIC DOCTOR. Even if Games is voicing stuff closer to how she feels.

Also, she has spectacular powers of rationalisation, so... yeah. She's convincing herself to go along with it, basically.  

Edited by Quiver

Guys, I'm sorry, but I have to leave. I just do not have the interest to write in this anymore, and I'm going on my mission in a couple of months anyway.

Which characters need finalization posts? Reader and Timeport can just become NPCs, and BusDriver is on a bus right now (literally and figuratively, pun intended, hahaha) and I'm not sure what to do at all with Mommy right now. 

Any others? 

Oh no :( sorry to hear that

What other characters do you have?

Mommy can probably become an NPC or fade into the background. BusDriver could also just be NPC. Or maybe a stray missile blows up his bus and everyone on it :P Yeah, NPC is best for Timeport, unless someone wants to adopt him. 

16 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

Hey guys, if Parth killed another epic while copying the abilities, would he keep the power or would it just disappear entirely? Also when will the Salem start up again?

don't know either of those two answers, sorry

I'd suggest that it depends how his powers work. We don't have much precedent in the books or RP for copying Epics, so we don't know what happens when they die. Could be either. Although if the ability becomes permanent upon the victim's death, that incentivises him to just copy and murder everyEpic he can. I'm inclined to think, balance-wise, that the power would disappear.

7 hours ago, mail-mi said:

Guys, I'm sorry, but I have to leave. I just do not have the interest to write in this anymore, and I'm going on my mission in a couple of months anyway.

Which characters need finalization posts? Reader and Timeport can just become NPCs, and BusDriver is on a bus right now (literally and figuratively, pun intended, hahaha) and I'm not sure what to do at all with Mommy right now. 

Any others? 

We'll miss you, mail-mi. :( 

You could always put them up for adoption. That might be the easiest solution. 

18 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

Hey guys, if Parth killed another epic while copying the abilities, would he keep the power or would it just disappear entirely? Also when will the Salem start up again?

I think the power would disappear entirely. Calamity spoilers: 

Spoiler

Calamity Larcener is unique because when he assumes an Epic's powers, he keeps the power. There's no information on what happens when an assumer kills an Epic whose powers they stole, but the implication seems to be that the powers would go away naturally on their own at some point. 

8 hours ago, mail-mi said:

Any others? 

I'll take up Mommy and Sidestep for the time being until someone else wants them.

1 hour ago, Conquestor said:

Yeah what Twi said, I'd say they should disappear.

Thanks for the sentiment guys. I'll miss you too. 

Uh there's Gregory, but I have no idea where that plot line is going. I think I mentioned everyone else...

I lost interest because I got super invested in another writing project, and then when I tried to come back to this I just couldn't get into the feeling, you know? Anyway, all my Epics are up for adoption, for anyone who wants them. 

Thanks for all the fun, guys. :D You're all awesome. 

Oh, and Voidus, this is the song I thought of for your return. And it also makes a good farewell song, considering it's the Portal credits song. :P

(It's also for those of you who love throwing cake in people's faces. :P)

Rule number three when dealing with Shiny Sparkle: She is never the voice of reason, no matter how much she assumes herself to be. If she appears to be anywhere near the voice of reason she's either thinking about something different from you or you are in the second circle of hell.

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

Rule number three when dealing with Shiny Sparkle: She is never the voice of reason, no matter how much she assumes herself to be. If she appears to be anywhere near the voice of reason she's either thinking about something different from you or you are in the second circle of hell.

I. Yes. I can back this line of thought up very well.

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I think the Dalles is becoming some kind of bizarre social experiment.

3 minutes ago, Quiver said:

I. Yes. I can back this line of thought up very well.

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, but I think the Dalles is becoming some kind of bizarre social experiment.

That may be because we gave control over it to a bunch of crazy writers, nothing ordinary could happen.:mellow:

25 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You both just described Oregon as a whole. 

You know that meme about passing a point where we should stop? And you just keep going to see what will happen?

I think that meme describes Oregon perfectly. And it's beautiful.

i love/hate you guys so much. This thing is so insane, and emotion wrenching, and it's great.

(The hate comes from the feeling of inadequacy I have every time I try to post. You guys are just so much better.)

8 hours ago, Quiver said:

You know that meme about passing a point where we should stop? And you just keep going to see what will happen?

I think that meme describes Oregon perfectly. And it's beautiful.

i love/hate you guys so much. This thing is so insane, and emotion wrenching, and it's great.

(The hate comes from the feeling of inadequacy I have every time I try to post. You guys are just so much better.)

I'm with the zantastic Cog here, you're pretty awesome yourself and if it helps, you're also not the only one that feels inadequad about his writing, so clearly if we feel that way and are awesome then you feeling the same way are also awesome.

hello everyone! im back! summer is leaving me and now I might be able to spend more time making people frustrated with my writing skills.

okay. I have been thinking a lot recently about my epics and I want to make Ragnarok lose his mind.

With a sarcastic hallucination named Lizzy!!!

that probably deserves an explanation.

okay so remember the fight scene between ragnarok and antman--I Mean antimatter-- and how Ragnarok was in the dead center of a battle of Ginormous amounts of information?

well now he has a hallucination named Lizzy that is the biproduct of that informational battle. created to help him handle the vast amounts of info still left in his head, she is an expert on anything nerdy and knows everthing about books that there is to know and also knows how to make an awesome cake!! 

thoughts? questions or concerns? Ill listen to them all.

1 hour ago, WarriorMark16 said:

hello everyone! im back! summer is leaving me and now I might be able to spend more time making people frustrated with my writing skills.

okay. I have been thinking a lot recently about my epics and I want to make Ragnarok lose his mind.

okay so remember the fight scene between ragnarok and antman--I Mean antimatter-- and how Ragnarok was in the dead center of a battle of Ginormous amounts of information?

well now he has a hallucination named Lizzy that is the biproduct of that informational battle. created to help him handle the vast amounts of info still left in his head, she is an expert on anything nerdy and knows everthing about books that there is to know and also knows how to make an awesome cake!! 

As long as she doesn't end up as a confinient way for him to know just about everything, even if he shouldn't have acces to the information, that sounds good to me.

6 hours ago, WarriorMark16 said:

I have to object, on the grounds that I misread that at first, and assumed it was an epic NAMED Lizzy who made hallucinations.

You know. Lizzy. As in LSD. Or am I the only one pronouncing those similiarly?

(More seriously, it would be an interesting way to get that info...and raises intriguing questions about the character. Why is his hallucination female? How cogent is he of the lines between reality and fantasy?

It could be fascinating reading.)

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

I have to object, on the grounds that I misread that at first, and assumed it was an epic NAMED Lizzy who made hallucinations.

You know. Lizzy. As in LSD. Or am I the only one pronouncing those similiarly?

(More seriously, it would be an interesting way to get that info...and raises intriguing questions about the character. Why is his hallucination female? How cogent is he of the lines between reality and fantasy?

It could be fascinating reading.)

some of your questions will actually be answered this very next post. (ive already finished it by the way. I just need some reasonable time for him to regain consciousness)

Was hoping to get some writing done for other characters but somethings come up, will still be about but won't do much character posting for the next day or two. Sorry if I'm keeping anyone waiting.

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

Was hoping to get some writing done for other characters but somethings come up, will still be about but won't do much character posting for the next day or two. Sorry if I'm keeping anyone waiting.

You are, but it is OK.

Hey Blackhoof, may I have Abaddon and Marco back?