Nighthound's secret is that the only thing that helps with his guilty consience is taking care of orphans, in fact he runs several orphanages across the FSA. In fact he often kills people just so can take care of the children he just turned into orphans.

Hey, I'm new, but I've been reading the Salem thread and I think I'd like to join it. Is that okay? I don't know how to contact Voidus unless he's on here so... any suggestions? Anyway here's my Epic I guess. Don't be afraid to critic, I'm Very new. It wont hurt me.

Spoiler

Name: Ironforge

Powers: Iron manipulation, Can "sense" where iron is and how much there is in an object, Iron creation, Hyper learning ( can learn any Physical or mental ability so long as he is physically able or capable of doing so), Has three trains of thought simultaneously, Can think and react to things twice as fast as the average human, can liquefy any metal object at will.

Appearance: 5"9' tall, metallic-bronze hair, hazel-brown eyes, runners build, wears jeans, a blue star-wars t-shirt and a trench coat with a cougars baseball cap and silver black runners shoes. He has pale copper skin and wears no weapons.

History: Before Calamity, He was a track runner. Once Calamity struck, he became apart of an Information delivery service, where you run message's between the paying parties. He gained his powers two years ago and has spent those years hiding what he can do for personal reasons, up until a few months ago when someone tried to kill his mother in an alley they were walking down. He attempted to kill the man but ended up killing his mother as well. Now he's determined to gain practice in the one way he wont kill someone, not really, Salem. He spent the last three months walking here from Los Angelas.

Personality: Ironforge is soft-spoken and depressed, but often puts up a show of arrogance and bravado so no one thinks to pity him. He pretends to be cocky and Aloof, but he feels like he has committed some terrible sin and stays awake at night thinking over all the ways things could have gone differently in that alley.

Quirks: Ironforge has a photographic memory and can recall any moment in his life with perfect clarity.

I hope you think he's worth it. I put a lot of effort into making him as powerful/average/Mr. Personality. thanks for listening, please give me some constructive criticism. I admire your work!

21 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Hey, I'm new, but I've been reading the Salem thread and I think I'd like to join it. Is that okay? I don't know how to contact Voidus unless he's on here so... any suggestions? Anyway here's my Epic I guess. Don't be afraid to critic, I'm Very new. It wont hurt me.

Hide contents

Name: Ironforge

Powers: Iron manipulation, Can "sense" where iron is and how much there is in an object, Iron creation, Hyper learning ( can learn any Physical or mental ability so long as he is physically able or capable of doing so), Has three trains of thought simultaneously, Can think and react to things twice as fast as the average human, can liquefy any metal object at will.

Appearance: 5"9' tall, metallic-bronze hair, hazel-brown eyes, runners build, wears jeans, a blue star-wars t-shirt and a trench coat with a cougars baseball cap and silver black runners shoes. He has pale copper skin and wears no weapons.

History: Before Calamity, He was a track runner. Once Calamity struck, he became apart of an Information delivery service, where you run message's between the paying parties. He gained his powers two years ago and has spent those years hiding what he can do for personal reasons, up until a few months ago when someone tried to kill his mother in an alley they were walking down. He attempted to kill the man but ended up killing his mother as well. Now he's determined to gain practice in the one way he wont kill someone, not really, Salem. He spent the last three months walking here from Los Angelas.

Personality: Ironforge is soft-spoken and depressed, but often puts up a show of arrogance and bravado so no one thinks to pity him. He pretends to be cocky and Aloof, but he feels like he has committed some terrible sin and stays awake at night thinking over all the ways things could have gone differently in that alley.

Quirks: Ironforge has a photographic memory and can recall any moment in his life with perfect clarity.

I hope you think he's worth it. I put a lot of effort into making him as powerful/average/Mr. Personality. thanks for listening, please give me some constructive criticism. I admire your work!

Welcome. Now if you're open for criticism and the like here's a first round of questions.
Can he sense iron even after it was alloyed? To what extend can he create iron, both in mass and how much control he has over the shape? What exactly counts as a "mental ability"and how much effort does he need to put into it? Can he just snap his fingers to become a master martial artist, mechanic, librarian, strategist, marksman ect without anyone teaching him? Can he do anything with the metal after he liquefied it, even if it's just turning it solid again?
As for the backstory, between the Rending and the fact that he has some very subtle powers he could use without anyone noticing I don't think that'd really work. I mean even saying he went through his Rending and nobody noticed, through the adictive nature of the powers no matter his reasons the thought on "oh I'm just thinking faster, where's the harm in that?" and from there it would likely spiral out of control pretty quickly.

Fair points, thanks Edgedancer. Yes he can sense alloys of iron, so long as it has 5% iron in it he can sense it. He creates iron at a steady trickle of powder from his hands, I'd say about a pound of iron every two minutes, and he has fine control over it, I'd say his control over iron is equal to... Her name was lady deathskull right? as for the mental abilities, well i could've put more thought into that. I suppose I meant that he could master anything taught to him much more quickly than a normal person and he (obviously) never forgets a skill he's learned. Yeah I thought I had written that he could solidify metal that he liquefied, but he can control it, regardless of its state of matter, if it has at least a 37% iron amount in it. And your right about the rending, although there is a reason he would avoid using his powers, it involves his weakness, I could give it to you if I knew a private posting area you have... Or if you think its okay that I put his weakness out for all to see. But your still right, he would've gained an annoying personality, even if he couldnt have gone through the rending like most people. Thanks for the critique! 

Okay. Well, so long as no one tries something without letting me know first, I suppose it doesn't matter if they know his weakness. I wanted his weakness to be causing others what he perceives to be harm. If that doesn't work, maybe you could give me some advice as to what will. Thanks again, I need the help.^_^

Hmm a difficult weakness for an Epic to have. Perhaps impossible.

I'm inclined to think that he would need a different weakness. Brandon said that Epics wouldn't have weaknesses that prevent them from using their powers, and a weakness like that basically prevents his Rending.

What if his weakness is different, but through chance he was hit with it early in his Rending? His Rending stopped, he didn't become fully corrupt, and he has been grappling (and slowly failing) to stop the corruption ever since? He tries very hard to avoid using his powers, but he feels the need to every now and then.

What if he thinks that using his powers in the dream-world "doesn't count" so he can satisfy the addiction and avoid turning evil?

That seem's like a better Idea, though hope is hard to kill, thanks. What kind of weakness would you suggest? Party balloons? Hurting a mother? Hurting a child? Maybe thieves/murderers in alleyways or in general? Perhaps romance or personal relationships? Aah, the conflict potentials are endless. Before I change his weakness though, can we try and think up a way his weakness might work? Maybe with a few slight alterations? thank you, I'm really excited to join the Salem thread, if it starts back up.:lol::D

What if his weakness is banana's?

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Had an Idea

Well... that is... I don't think I have a response to that.do you think there's a way to slightly change my original idea for a weakness so it works? If not, I'll let it go. I'm really curios though... How in the seven names of Maer did you come up with and keep up Dr. Funtimes?!? She is a personal hero to me and I must say, I am beyond impressed.:mellow:^_^:mellow:

3 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Well... that is... I don't think I have a response to that.do you think there's a way to slightly change my original idea for a weakness so it works? If not, I'll let it go. I'm really curios though... How in the seven names of Maer did you come up with and keep up Dr. Funtimes?!? She is a personal hero to me and I must say, I am beyond impressed.:mellow:^_^:mellow:

Banana Split probably won't show up. Voidus just creates a lot of Epics. :P As for the original weakness….it's hard to integrate into the setting, Epics being what they are. My advice would be to start with a traumatic event in his past, and then create the weakness around that. It's how most of us created new weaknesses or modified existing ones after Firefight, and knowing what I do about player weaknesses (which is to say, all of them :ph34r: ) I'd say it's created some plausible, playable weaknesses and compelling backstories. 

As for your other question—I don't know. :mellow: I started with Fortuity, an Epic who managed to seriously creep me out in his brief canon appearance, and I thought of an Epic who'd be his opposite. Which gave me a bubbly, childlike female Epic who loves pink. Her powers just….sort of came to me, I guess? And the rest of it—things like her calling Calamity the "Great Noodly One"—were added in on the fly, for the most part. I thought up her backstory, working backward after Firefight, after I'd been writing her for a while. 

53 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

What is her backstory? from before Calamity I mean. did her powers drive her crazy or...? Any suggestions on a thread I should join in the mean time?

RAFO. :ph34r: 

I've been going through her backstory in flashback form, the first of which is posted here. As for threads to join in the meantime—if you're looking for something to do while fleshing out your own character, you could always do a few test posts with an abandoned character from the post Cog linked to. And if you get attached, adoption is encouraged. 

Whew, thanks, I was honestly worried there... I've been reading your potterfic, I'm only on chapter 16, but it's amazing so far.:D I'm glad someone took the time to think about it from malfoys... Draco's point of view. It's touching. Also, amazing pony! Who drew it?

Thanks, that'll save me some pain, I'm kinda new at keyboards... I've been stuck on tablets and I-phones until recently. I've always liked people who don't care what others think, I'm glad to have found a brother/friend/fellow like you here. Where are you on the threads? In the RP I mean.

11 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Whew, thanks, I was honestly worried there... I've been reading your potterfic, I'm only on chapter 16, but it's amazing so far.:D I'm glad someone took the time to think about it from malfoys... Draco's point of view. It's touching. Also, amazing pony! Who drew it?

Thanks! ^_^ That means a lot. I've enjoyed working on it. 

General Zoi's Pony Creator. :P 

7 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Then I'm sure Voidus* has an Epic named Banana Split, and they will be mortal enemies. :ph34r: 

*We call him Creator of a Thousand Epics for a reason. Still not sure if his jokes about binders full of Epic profiles are actually jokes. 

Indeed, we call him that because we haven't updated his title since his long, internet devoid absence. Now he is the creator of a MILLIONS EPICS!! Mwahahaha! :P

Incidentally...

Spoiler

20160816_171917_zpsu7uohfrd.jpg
It is not. :ph34r: (Though that also includes my generic notebook which includes general writing ideas as well as some of Mrs. Voidus' sketches)