2,838 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Voidus said:

I'M ALIIIIIIIVE!

...What? An awesome announcement deserves an awesome theme!

2 minutes ago, Quiver said:

...What? An awesome announcement deserves an awesome theme!

I was kind of hoping my return would be announced by something more like:

Just now, Voidus said:

I was kind of hoping my return would be announced by something more like:

How about this:
Wait! Voidus isn't dead. (Voidus suprise!)
There's a gun to your head and spikes in his eyes
But you can do ChayShan.

3 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

How about this:
Wait! Voidus isn't dead. (Voidus suprise!)
There's a gun to your head and spikes in his eyes
But you can do ChayShan.

There's Epics on his post, my god there's Epics EVERYWHERE!

10 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I need to see that movie just so I understand all of these references, don't I? -_- 

I'm just quoting the trailer. Haven't seen the movie either. :P

1 hour ago, Edgedancer said:

Now he only needs to send Deathwish to his actual death.:ph34r:

Irony being what it is, Deathwish will survive every single mission of the Dalles Suicide Squad, and put everyone in the awkward position of having to hold up their end of the deal.

"See, you were supposed to, you know, die by now..."

Just now, Quiver said:

Irony being what it is, Deathwish will survive every single mission of the Dalles Suicide Squad, and put everyone in the awkward position of having to hold up their end of the deal.

"See, you were supposed to, you know, die by now..."

You know, Deathwish would probably be the captain Boomerang of this squad, just more useful.

Wow, I realized how Epic the proportions of my hiatus were. (Get it? Epic! I'm here all night, folks.) I was on like a month long vacation, and completely forgot about finishing my post which should've been up in June. I'll try for tonight.

So... out of curiosity, was anything ever established for epic!Vegas?

Kind of had an idea for two Vanilla characters, and thinking they'd be from either there, or the West Coast.

Edited by Quiver

3 minutes ago, Quiver said:

So... out of curiosity, was anything ever established for epic!Vegas?

Kind of had an idea for two Vanilla characters, and thinking they'd be from either there, or the West Coast.

We threw around a couple of jokes and thematic Epics, but I don't think we ever made anything canon.

Just now, Edgedancer said:

We threw around a couple of jokes and thematic Epics, but I don't think we ever made anything canon.

Hmm... fair enough.

(The idea, if anyone was wondering, was basically Bonnie and Clyde, or Thelma and Louise; a romance between two vanilla's on the run.)

Hey guys, i'm back! I had a new idea since I was gone and reading the Reckoners (Just so you know, I finished the series a half a year ago). So my idea for my epic is - Parth, Parth is 19 years old and before Calamity, he was disappointed in himself, but then he discovered his pwers and found a new pupose. Parth now believes himself to be the most powerful epic, so he often kills people to test himself, mostly Epics. He is also an Epic mercenary and works for whomever pays him the most. He mostly hunts other epics that would seem very dangerous to most people.

His powers include - Enhancing another Epic's powers - Copying the Epic's power he is enhancing - Super Healing. He can enhance multiple powers and copy multiple powers, but is enhancing the other Epic's powers, leaving him at a disadvantage. He can also choose if he is copying the power, but his healing ability is completely passive.

Weakness - That is for me to know and you to find out, well actually the GM will know, but you know what I mean. ;) Also, the place he would be in is Salem.

What do you guys think? GTG I will find out later.

39 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

Hey guys, i'm back! I had a new idea since I was gone and reading the Reckoners (Just so you know, I finished the series a half a year ago). So my idea for my epic is - Parth, Parth is 19 years old and before Calamity, he was disappointed in himself, but then he discovered his pwers and found a new pupose. Parth now believes himself to be the most powerful epic, so he often kills people to test himself, mostly Epics. He is also an Epic mercenary and works for whomever pays him the most. He mostly hunts other epics that would seem very dangerous to most people.

His powers include - Enhancing another Epic's powers - Copying the Epic's power he is enhancing - Super Healing. He can enhance multiple powers and copy multiple powers, but is enhancing the other Epic's powers, leaving him at a disadvantage. He can also choose if he is copying the power, but his healing ability is completely passive.

Weakness - That is for me to know and you to find out, well actually the GM will know, but you know what I mean. ;) Also, the place he would be in is Salem.

What do you guys think? GTG I will find out later.

Prime Invincibilities on a first character are generally disallowed. I'm not an admin, but I thought I'd let you know. 

1 hour ago, Chandrian said:

Prime Invincibilities on a first character are generally disallowed. I'm not an admin, but I thought I'd let you know. 

Well, this will probably be my only epic. I might make a few regular people, but I'm not sure yet.

8 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

Well, this will probably be my only epic. I might make a few regular people, but I'm not sure yet.

Only Epic or not, no PIs for first Epics. Period. We've gotten ourselves up to our eyeballs in PIs, and the only way to fix that is to limit the number of of newcomers with PIs. 

Ok, what if his powers are actually - Enhance other powers - Copying the powers of anyone he is enhancing - and A gifting power? He can gift the powers he is enhancing. He also uses a sword and pistol to help him fight. @TwiLyghtSansSparkles

How many Epics can he copy at once, and what's the upper limit for how much he can enhance their powers? How many powers can be copy at one time, and from how many Epics?

I'm ok with the updated abilities pending the answers to Twi's question. We could certainly use more action in Salem lately, though I have some plans in that direction that I hope to put into action soon.

Anyone up for a new writing prompt? If your character (From the RP or outside of it, though if it's not from the RP some backstory might be necessary) were to spontaneously develop Agoraphobia, how would that go?

9 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

How many Epics can he copy at once, and what's the upper limit for how much he can enhance their powers? How many powers can be copy at one time, and from how many Epics?

I really don't know how much an average enhancer can enhance, so, could you guys help me with that? The upper limit of the amount of powers he can copy is ten, I think that is a good spot for it to be, but I am not sure. The way the copy ability works is, if one epic has two abilities he can copy both of those abilities, but it takes up two slots.

44 minutes ago, Conquestor said:

I really don't know how much an average enhancer can enhance, so, could you guys help me with that? The upper limit of the amount of powers he can copy is ten, I think that is a good spot for it to be, but I am not sure. The way the copy ability works is, if one epic has two abilities he can copy both of those abilities, but it takes up two slots.

Ten is way too many, unless they're all Curveball-level abilities. Not even Steelheart had that many powers of his own. 

4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Ten is way too many, unless they're all Curveball-level abilities. Not even Steelheart had that many powers of his own. 

The balancing gets complicated by the fact it is coupled with the enhancing and it taking place in Salem, which means he'd have access to an enhanced version of Mouldbreaker's power and at that point the meta aspect of his powers is compunding on itself. Of course, open confrontation is already a pretty moot point in the city because of Soulcaster, so it might not actually be that big a problem.

The balancing gets complicated by the fact it is coupled with the enhancing and it taking place in Salem, which means he'd have access to an enhanced version of Mouldbreaker's power and at that point the meta aspect of his powers is compunding on itself. Of course, open confrontation is already a pretty moot point in the city because of Soulcaster, so it might not actually be that big a problem.

Yeah I don't worry too much about broken Epics in Salem because Soulcaster is a pretty great deterrent against that. Plus there's Showstopper as well.

Just now, Voidus said:

Yeah I don't worry too much about broken Epics in Salem because Soulcaster is a pretty great deterrent against that. Plus there's Showstopper as well.

Now curious question, if Parth copies her canelation power, would the canceling negate each other or would her cancelling his copying take precedence?

Now curious question, if Parth copies her canelation power, would the canceling negate each other or would her cancelling his copying take precedence?

It'd go to whoever used it first I'd guess, although if they used it more or less simultaneously I'd give Showstopper the win because her power would be upgraded.