2 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

I see. One thing we do around here is asking the new guy to actually write a post displaying their Epics power, mind giving us one of those?

Ok. My character is named Rowena Vallete, or Mahogany. She can grow plants incredibly fast and control their stalks and branches with her mind. She can also grow plants that do not exist, as long as they roughly resemble real-life plants, e.g. a thorny tree or something. She has no invincibility.

1 minute ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok. My character is named Rowena Vallete, or Mahogany. She can grow plants incredibly fast and control their stalks and branches with her mind. She can also grow plants that do not exist, as long as they roughly resemble real-life plants, e.g. a thorny tree or something. She has no invincibility.

No, I mean like an actual pice from the character's perspective as she's using her powers.

28 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

*puts smiling emoji next to explanation of a brutal beheading* :P

4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

You just described the Reckoners RP perfectly. :mellow: 

^That's what I was going to say. 

5 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

No, I mean like an actual pice from the character's perspective as she's using her powers.

A woman this elegant was uncommon in this part of the city, and many people underestimated her.

They were right. She was far more dangerous than they had thought.

"What are you doing here?" a man asked. This was a notorious crimelord hangout, and those who frequented this area were either criminals or simply stupid.

Mahogany did her best to look embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I must have took a wrong turn." She turned around, but he grabbed her by the arm, eyes gleaming.

She spit on him and he slapped her

Or at least tried to.

A vine sprouted through the concrete, growing inhumanly (inplantly?) fast. It wrapped around his arm and sprouted another tendril. It pulled him into the air and slammed him against the ground, then released. The vines quivered, as if eager to finish him off.

"I am an Epic, you stupid human. Get in my way again and you will be know what it feels like to have a vine strangle you from inside your throat." The vines feinted towards him, and he tripped backwards, then ran."

One more human afraid, she thought. Always a good thing to have. 

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

I... should probably start trying to figure out what Lyla's dramatic arc and goals should be, actually. Beyond squee at every epic that she gets within spitting distance of. :ph34r:

Why would she need more of an arc than that? :P

Edited by Kobold King

9 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

*puts smiling emoji next to explanation of a brutal beheading* :P

Just think about it, when given the choice would you feel bad about cutting someone's head off or smile like a lunatic about it?

7 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Why would she need more of an arc than that? :P

He makes a good point, @Quiver Maybe her arc should be trying to become the world's best spitter so she has more Epics in her range.:ph34r: :P

@Assassin in Burgundy Alright, thanks. Already any idea in which location you want to put the character?

2 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I'd prefer in someplace where Epics rule, like Newcago, but I'm not as well versed as you would be in all of this.

All What Happened in Oregon threads take place in, you guessed it, Oregon. Except for one that's in Australia for some reason.

Portland and The Dalles are currently closed to new Epics. Astoria is for the most overpowered of the overpowered; basically, for Steelhearts to go up against Obliterations and Nightwielders and bring down the city in the process. Corvallis and Salem are still welcome places for your average Epic characters, as far as I know. @Comatose could enlighten you more about Corvallis than I could.

14 hours ago, Kobold King said:

All What Happened in Oregon threads take place in, you guessed it, Oregon. Except for one that's in Australia for some reason.

Yeah, I'm not sure what they were thinking either. I wanted germany but did anyone listen to me?:P

8 hours ago, RippleGylf said:

New Candyflame post up!

Yay! I like it.

8 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Throughout human history, there have been many ideas described. I think that "terror-driven-candy-fortress-creation" is a new one :P. Nice work, Ripple!

Now, @Kobold King, is it possible to assume that Lightwards' saurian warriors will take a liking to the candy? I'm ready for step 3 in these dinos' development:

1. Dinosaur Fossils

2. Zombie Dinosaurs

3. ZOMBIE DINOSAURS ON A SUGAR HIGH

Oh Calamity, yes to the hyperactive raptors.

7 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

After Oregon is destroyed, Kobold can write a flash-forward to a raptor living in the candied remains of the MoNA, years after it all went down. There we will see step 4:

HYPERACTIVE ZOMBIE DINOSAURS WITH TYPE 2 DIABETES.

No! You can't give Wes diabetes, you monster!

I couldn't think of anything for Astoria so I put up Corpsemaker's reaction to Quota. Both mad and glad.

At the end of the RP we should do flash-forwards to our surviving characters, and where they are in a post Calamity world. That'd be cool

Um. So... Random vanilla character idea's that occured to me? Sort of throwing it out for... whatever reasons:

- Obviously, the Reckoners verse has a bodycount, right? I mean, not many player characters have died, but we've had a lot of NPC deaths. :ph34r: So, what happens to the bodies? Presumably, someone is getting rid of them, right? So, random idea for a character... a vanilla gravedigger/undertaker, one of those unfortunate dudes who has been saddled with the job of having to bury and dispose of the bodies of the people who have been pandified, beaten, electrocuted, or whatever other horrible death awaits those who anger, annoy, or otherwise fail to amuse their epic overlords. 

- So, that Vanillain idea I keep batting around? Still sort of considering... and by sort of I mean I was thinking of making it a female character, as a counterpoint to Lyla (I'm sort of worried Lyla, as a fangirl, is too passive a character, so having someone actively engaging in stuff seemed like a good idea). So, I was trying to come up with a name. "She's the Bon Bon to her Lyra, kind of," I said to myself...
And now I'm kind of considering a pair of characters named Bonnie and Clyde, who may or may not be crimimnals, escaping from Vegas to exact bloody revenge against epics. :ph34r:

On July 22, 2016 at 8:50 AM, Kobold King said:

Portland and The Dalles are currently closed to new Epics. Astoria is for the most overpowered of the overpowered; basically, for Steelhearts to go up against Obliterations and Nightwielders and bring down the city in the process. Corvallis and Salem are still welcome places for your average Epic characters, as far as I know. @Comatose could enlighten you more about Corvallis than I could.

Okay, I'll go with Salem. Is this in Oregon or Massachusetts?

On July 21, 2016 at 3:11 PM, Assassin in Burgundy said:

A woman this elegant was uncommon in this part of the city, and many people underestimated her.

They were right. She was far more dangerous than they had thought.

"What are you doing here?" a man asked. This was a notorious crimelord hangout, and those who frequented this area were either criminals or simply stupid.

Mahogany did her best to look embarrassed. "I'm sorry, I must have took a wrong turn." She turned around, but he grabbed her by the arm, eyes gleaming.

She spit on him and he slapped her

Or at least tried to.

A vine sprouted through the concrete, growing inhumanly (inplantly?) fast. It wrapped around his arm and sprouted another tendril. It pulled him into the air and slammed him against the ground, then released. The vines quivered, as if eager to finish him off.

"I am an Epic, you stupid human. Get in my way again and you will be know what it feels like to have a vine strangle you from inside your throat." The vines feinted towards him, and he tripped backwards, then ran."

One more human afraid, she thought. Always a good thing to have. 

Here 

On July 20, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok. My character will be an Epic named Mahogany. She can grow plants or twisted variations of them with startlingly fast speed, similar to Groot but the plants grow from the ground. Her real name is Rowena Vallete, and is 22 years old. When she was 12 her house burned down, and she was traumatized watching her parents burn to death. Ever since then she is not completely mentally stable but is very cunning and dangerous. She likes hunting down people who set things on fire, especially trees and vegetation.

Here

2 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Salem players, any thoughts?

It sounds really similar to Lightwood, but she's in Astoria, so I don't know if that really matters. What is her motivation in going to Salem?