16 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

And I have an epic too, or at least concepts of epic power portfolios that don't have a personality yet.

Primary

He starts out with some very minor passive traits. He can boost these passive traits a significant amount for any amount of time as powerful as he likes it. However, the amount he boosts a trait is directly proportional to the amount of food he has to eat to sustain himself. Some traits cost more than others to boost.

Muscle Growth - 50 cal per percent

Speed - 45 cal per percent

(Regrowth) - 50 cal per percent

Reflexes - 35 cal per percent

Aglilty - 40 cal per percent

Senses - 30 cal per percent

So how do some of these actually work? Does muscle growth for example come with hulking out? Does spped just mean running speed? What does Rewgroth all consists off? Also, one percent counted by what? That kind of stuff.
Still, it does seem interesting.

31 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Reveal hidden contents

bQBZlUq.gif

Now to search for all those old character songs.:ph34r: (Do I dare linking Shiny Sparkles?:mellow: )

8 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

So how do some of these actually work? Does muscle growth for example come with hulking out? Does spped just mean running speed? What does Rewgroth all consists off? Also, one percent counted by what? That kind of stuff.
Still, it does seem interesting.

Now to search for all those old character songs.:ph34r: (Do I dare linking Shiny Sparkles?:mellow: )

Muscle growth is basically speeding up how fast your muscles grow. If you don't do anything, your muscles will probably shrink. If you're running, then your leg muscles will grow. Speed is running speed. Regrowth is how fast your cells repair your body. One percent is one percent of your normal trait, so you would have 101% of your normal trait if you boost for one percent. It does not compound.

Alright, this new format hurts my eyes a little bit so I didn't read through all these pages that I missed. Any updates relevant to me? And yes I am working on another character so I'm not just sitting around between ThunderSpear posts.

EDIT: Is there a way to go back to the old format?

((Sorry if this is a double post...based on what just happened when I went to post this, I don't think the first time actual got posted))

Edited by Weirdpersonx

6 minutes ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Alright, this new format hurts my eyes a little bit so I didn't read through all these pages that I missed. Any updates relevant to me? And yes I am working on another character so I'm not just sitting around between ThunderSpear posts.

EDIT: Is there a way to go back to the old format?

((Sorry if this is a double post...based on what just happened when I went to post this, I don't think the first time actual got posted))

You did make this post before and no I don't think anything of importance to Thunderspear has happened.

17 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

You did make this post before and no I don't think anything of importance to Thunderspear has happened.

Alright, sorry about the double post then. And do you know of a way to go back to the old format?

1 minute ago, Cognizantastic said:

I couldn't stand to let a whole month go by without anyone posting in the Dalles, so I wrote and put something up. It's about George, the kid who Koschei used as blackmail material.

It just might slice open your heart like Koschei did George's throat. :blink:

There were many more like George in town. 

:mellow: 

Maybe they should start a support group. 

43 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Do any of you know if Fatebreaker is planning on writing a Quicksilver response scene anytime soon?

I also have a few questions about Elsa. Is Arendelle supposed to be an actual place where she came from? Is Elsa actually movie Elsa, or is she just delusional? Has everyone just silently agreed to ignore that last post where she would have brought corrupted!Scribbler down on her like an inky swarm of bees?

Finally, I have a little story. I volunteer at a local hospital's front desk, helping people get to rooms and such. Today I met a man who said he was visiting from Salem, Oregon.

I think it speaks to the extent of my involvement here that my immediate impulse was to ask him how the arena fights were going. :P 

I don't know, you'd have to ask the people involved in that scene.

Let's just say see's delusional and keep silently ignoring things caused by people that haven't reacted to "that's a bad idea" in months.:ph34r:

And what did he answer? I don't have access to television this week, so sid Oatmealer win the championship?

On Sunday, June 26, 2016 at 4:58 AM, cloudjumper said:

Hello! So I was trying to read the threads to see which best worked for my character, but I found that I have little time to read them. Could someone please summarize some threads for me?

Thanks

Portland is engulfed in a gang War with the notable Factions being a bunch escaped from an insane asylum, a city part dedicated to intelligence and a more standard brutal crime syndicate.

The Dalles is a city run by ordinary people with some Epics conscripted into the City Guard and hostile factions attacking.

Astoria: Meant for high power levels.Story is rather basic so far in that we have a lot of invading Epics at just so happened to all have arrived at the same time and are now slowly starting to band together in an attempt to overthrow the local government.

Corvallis:The local drug dispenser Epic that keept the city peacful has been kidnapped, causing unrests in the city. Plus another Epic attacking the city. Story mostly focuses on trying to find said drug despencer Epic and quelling the unrests.

Both of these cities actually have a similair structure in that they have an Epic that can create large amounts of resourcess and a stable government. Their major difference setting wise is that Euphoria did mostly keep the Corvalis populance docile with the whole mental drug powers of hers and was more burocratic, while Lucentia is more hands off with the ruling and doesn't mind gangs building in the city and stuff like that as long as they don't become too much of an annoyance.

Salem: Mostly focused on one of fights in the local arena that takes place in a mental landscape created by the towns ruler Soulcaster. A story was supposed to start but went nowhere yet.

4 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

I just read Twi's post about the value of fanfiction (awesome writing, Twi), and it made me start wondering. This is the first extensive writing endeavor that I've ever worked on. I've never really written stories in my spare time, so this RP is the testing ground for my writing skills. And that post made me think… what rookie mistakes am I making? I know that I'm doing pretty well stylistically, but otherwise, what do I need to fix? As a novice writer, I'd love it if you could help me identify any newbie mistakes. :)

So Queen Elsa Steelheart never reacted when she was told that her character was boutta' get murderized? And yeah, from the way she wrote the character's bio I get the feeling she was trying to present Elsa as the actual Disney princess… :unsure:

And no, Oatmealer unfortunately did not win. Public opinion declared him "bland" and "boring", so Soulcaster tossed him out in favor of Fruit Looper. I always thought that ObliteRaisin would make a perfect team with him, but apparently the fans prefer the likes of Lucky Charm and the Trixter… Don't feel bad, though, Edge — it was for the ratings. 

Hard to say, given that many of the posts you write don't leave room for a good deal of common pit traps, seeing their one shoot nature but at least with Aldemo there aren't any Stu warning bells.

Pretty much and it wasn't the first time her character got close to murderization, so *shrug* I could make a guess on why but that's pretty much it.

That's what you call being practical. Stupid ratings only want spectacle, no appreciation for competent fighters. At least Trixter knows how to hold himself in a fight.

Has anyone checked in with @Queen Elsa Steelheart lately to see what her intentions are for the character are?   I'm not directly involved in the scene, so I guess it's up to the people who are to decide how to proceed if she isn't able to write at the moment.  

If she decides to step out of the RP, or just isn't interested anymore, I'd take a crack at adopting and writing the character, depending on what others think.  

1 hour ago, Comatose said:

Has anyone checked in with @Queen Elsa Steelheart lately to see what her intentions are for the character are?   I'm not directly involved in the scene, so I guess it's up to the people who are to decide how to proceed if she isn't able to write at the moment.  

If she decides to step out of the RP, or just isn't interested anymore, I'd take a crack at adopting and writing the character, depending on what others think.  

Hi. Sorry I've been off for a while. Can you give a summary of whats been going on in the rp at the moment? I would love to rejoin.

Edited by Queen Elsa Steelheart

4 hours ago, Queen Elsa Steelheart said:

Hi. Sorry I've been off for a while. Can you give a summary of whats been going on in the rp at the moment? I would love to rejoin.

Everyone in the clinic got distracted by a group cuddling session innitiated by Shiny Sparkle ans there's a giant action scene involving  a giant metal pillar and lots of rockets.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Reader shaped stress balls goven freely? :D

This is the beginning of something wonderful.

And group sessions with Lord Dupin.

Just keep it secret from Shiny, just to be Safe. :ph34r:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles: Nice post!  For my reply, should I include Upgrade's reaction to Wuota beginning to use his upgraded powers, or just up until the point the upgrade starts? Would Upgrade feel Quotas powers as well, or would Quota direct them away from HQ?   

I'm excited to see how the rest of Portland reacts.   

20 minutes ago, Comatose said:

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles: Nice post!  For my reply, should I include Upgrade's reaction to Wuota beginning to use his upgraded powers, or just up until the point the upgrade starts? Would Upgrade feel Quotas powers as well, or would Quota direct them away from HQ?   

I'm excited to see how the rest of Portland reacts.   

@Comatose: Thanks! ^_^ I'll leave that up to you, since I can roll with whatever you pick. Quota would follow orders and direct his powers away from HQ, toward the Dominion's rivals, but if you wanted to establish a connection—like Upgrade feels them for a moment before he redirects—that could be interesting. 

24 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@Comatose: Thanks! ^_^ I'll leave that up to you, since I can roll with whatever you pick. Quota would follow orders and direct his powers away from HQ, toward the Dominion's rivals, but if you wanted to establish a connection—like Upgrade feels them for a moment before he redirects—that could be interesting. 

On that note, what kind of reaction could we expect for everyone else, seeing as pretty much player will be affected.

Edited by Edgedancer

15 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Methinks I'll need to dust off the next Funtimes flashback I have saved. :ph34r:

And suddenly a wave of terror became a happy occasion for the whole family.:ph34r: Still I'd be interested in a vague guideline on how it would affect other characters.

8 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

And suddenly a wave of terror became a happy occasion for the whole family.:ph34r: Still I'd be interested in a vague guideline on how it would affect other characters.

Well, Quota's powers will be amplified enough for him to reach a good portion of the city. Those on the outskirts will be spared, but I'd say the closer they are, the more they'll feel. However, that despair and fear will be unfocused. The only people who would be pushed to suicide would be those who were already close to the edge, but everyone else will definitely notice a sudden sense of despair and looming terror, probably dredging up a bad memory or two. Quota won't be able to sustain it once he's un-Upgraded, but I'd say the sensation could linger for a while, in some people. 

2 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Anything is fine with me. I enjoy writing for both a hamster and a traumatized orphan, so I'm happy to write for anything — from the whimsical to the grim. ^_^

Trying to think of some random bystanders from Koschei's reign of terror, though I can't think of many…..

Um….

I'd suggest someone from Koschei's hometown, but as it was a tiny farming village and he was mid-Rending, they're all dead. :mellow: