28 minutes ago, Mestiv said:

Insight's power to kidnap people to another dimension might be of use... Maybe that would immobilize her somehow? @Comatose what do you think?

Haha, for once misreading somethign was useful. How are the chances of Jumpdrive being able to track her down? Might have to pm 18th Shard for this.

Edited by Edgedancer

Hello! So I have a few questions on epic powers.

Do you have limits on:

Invisibility

Shapeshifting

Prime invincibilities

Instakill

Teleportation

And have people already taken epics with:

Metabolism Boosting

Elemental Gifting

A very loud voice

Thanks

5 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

Hello! So I have a few questions on epic powers.

Do you have limits on:

Invisibility

Shapeshifting

Prime invincibilities

Instakill

Teleportation

And have people already taken epics with:

Metabolism Boosting

Elemental Gifting

A very loud voice

Thanks

An instakill power also could be rather problematic if it isn't properly limited.

Depending on what exactly you mean with metabolism Boosting there might be an Epic with such a power and there are multiple Epics with sound manipulation of one kind or another.

Alright, this new format hurts my eyes a little bit so I didn't read through all these pages that I missed. Any updates relevant to me? And yes I am working on another character so I'm not just sitting around between ThunderSpear posts.

EDIT: Is there a way to go back to the old format?

Edited by Weirdpersonx

17 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

I don't believe metabolism boosting or elemental gifting have been used, but I'm not too sure what either of those two are. Could you please elaborate on those two powers?

Sorry for not being clear. Elemental gifting is gifting elemental powers. I'll answer your other question below.

13 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

An instakill power also could be rather problematic if it isn't properly limited.

Depending on what exactly you mean with metabolism Boosting there might be an Epic with such a power and there are multiple Epics with sound manipulation of one kind or another.

Again, sorry for not being clear. What I think of as metabolism boosting is being able to control the rate someone processes food, essentially making someone stronger and having more energy, but requiring more food to sustain them.

But what do you mean by "elemental powers"? Like, fire/water/air/earth elements? So an Epic that can control all four elements and gift the powers?

Hmm metabolism boosting sounds interesting. Relatively weak, but an interesting power certainly. Unique too. I have no issues with it.

Sorry to see you go Winter!  Enjoy other parts of the site   We will miss you here

Insight could definitely be put to use.  I can NPC Chase for the meeting perhaps, and then maybe we can go from there?  Killing off a Queen would definitely raise the stakes, and Chase would be a fun target.    

14 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

Sorry for not being clear. Elemental gifting is gifting elemental powers. I'll answer your other question below.

Again, sorry for not being clear. What I think of as metabolism boosting is being able to control the rate someone processes food, essentially making someone stronger and having more energy, but requiring more food to sustain them.

We have some Epics that can manipulate the elements but only one of them with water powers could actually gift.

In that case that isn't something we had in this shape.

8 hours ago, Comatose said:

Sorry to see you go Winter!  Enjoy other parts of the site   We will miss you here

Insight could definitely be put to use.  I can NPC Chase for the meeting perhaps, and then maybe we can go from there?  Killing off a Queen would definitely raise the stakes, and Chase would be a fun target.    

So will we finally get that Chase chase?:ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer

Would anyone mind if I chucked another Epic into Insight's gang? 

I'd call him Seer. He has a limited omniscience power. He can, given a personal object of a person, locate that person. That would explain how Insight found where Euphoria was.

BTW, I dont plan to keep him. I have another Epic I want to introduce into Corvallis, but I don't have the details worked out yet.

May I write that post? Oh, and sorry to see you go Winter.

16 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

I'd call him Seer. He has a limited omniscience power. He can, given a personal object of a person, locate that person. That would explain how Insight found where Euphoria was.

BTW, I dont plan to keep him. I have another Epic I want to introduce into Corvallis, but I don't have the details worked out yet.

I think Insight finding Euphoria was already explained through Insight's powers and knowledge of her. Even so, you'd need to ask Comatose specifically. 

So on the day our internet was finally supposed to be installed we got a text saying they couldn't make it. Which annoyed me but you know, ISPs are just like that so whatever.
Then I read the next part that said they couldn't come back for another month.
-.-
I'm thinking Calamity might have just risen and turned me into an Epic because I really want to go on a rampage right now.

Well I ended up buying some mobile broadband for now so I should at least have relatively good Shard access from now on. Anyone mind giving me an update of where I might be needed?

4 minutes ago, Voidus said:

So on the day our internet was finally supposed to be installed we got a text saying they couldn't make it. Which annoyed me but you know, ISPs are just like that so whatever.
Then I read the next part that said they couldn't come back for another month.
-.-
I'm thinking Calamity might have just risen and turned me into an Epic because I really want to go on a rampage right now.

Well I ended up buying some mobile broadband for now so I should at least have relatively good Shard access from now on. Anyone mind giving me an update of where I might be needed?

Things have been rather slow lately, so you haven't missed much. So the big three posts needing your attention would be Lucy, Neverthere and I think Metability (or whatever the metal Epic in Salem was named).

Also I can feel your pain, I missed you buddy.

Edited by Edgedancer

On 6/22/2016 at 2:23 PM, breakingamber said:

On 6/22/2016 at 2:23 PM, breakingamber said:

The general consensus seems to be that we need to start correcting our Vanilla-to-epic ratio, which means restricting the addition of epics, especially if they aren't intended to do much.  Personally, I'd like to see you RP a little more with the characters you do have or create a Vanilla before adding in more epics.  As for Insight, he found Euphoria because she stayed in the town they grew up in, and he knew what she looked like.  I'm very hesitant to expand his group because he is usually more of a loner, and wouldn't be adding epics left and right.  

5 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

Me too!!! I was waiting for you to descend upon the idea of 4 elements rather than our modern understanding of elements (periodic table) like a science-oriented angel of destruction. :P

edit:  I'm personally opposed to the introduction of Seer if amber is not going to keep him. If there is to be a new Epic, I believe they should be written for. Otherwise, they typically become dead weight. If amber is willing to keep and care for him, that's a different story.

Secondly, has there been any word from Chasmfiend?

As I mentioned above, I would agree with the dead-weight comment.  No word from Chasmfiend yet.  

Hello! I have come with an idea for a human! Could someone please review it and point out any faults so next time I can do a better job, or if this character is good (which seems a little unlikely) you can tell me and I might be able to use it?

Name: Unknown, but people call him "bacon" because of the amount of fat in his body.

Appearance: Short, rotund Middle Eastern male with a cheerful expression on his face almost all of the time

Skills: Organizing papers

Backstory and personality: Bacon was born in the Middle East, raised by two caring parents. They knew that their peaceful village in the desert wasn't going to survive the increasingly violent epic attacks on nearby villages, so they gathered all of their money and sent him on a plane to (Dalles, Astoria, Corvallis, Austrailia, Portland, Salem) when he was only a small child. Bacon is still grateful for their sacrifice, and chooses to obey their wishes and start a new life, putting a layer of blubber between him and his past. Bacon is now a happy person on the outside, but underneath, he is in turmoil, being involved in several different secret societies and being blackmailed into a couple of treasonous plots and conspiracies. Depending on whether or not said secret societies and conspiracies exist, Bacon can also be troubled by the thought of serving epics, who brutally murdered thousands of people in the Middle East, most likely including his parents.

If you haven't guessed already, Bacon is an assistant to an epic. If you have any suggestions on which epic Bacon can work for, please let me know. If you have any suggestions on which thread Bacon can go to, also please let me know.

And I have an epic too, or at least concepts of epic power portfolios that don't have a personality yet.

Primary

He starts out with some very minor passive traits. He can boost these passive traits a significant amount for any amount of time as powerful as he likes it. However, the amount he boosts a trait is directly proportional to the amount of food he has to eat to sustain himself. Some traits cost more than others to boost.

Muscle Growth - 50 cal per percent

Speed - 45 cal per percent

(Regrowth) - 50 cal per percent

Reflexes - 35 cal per percent

Aglilty - 40 cal per percent

Senses - 30 cal per percent

Also, I saw some post that mentioned a sea in Oregon, here, I believe. Is that a literal sea, or just a large lake?

Thanks

Edited by cloudjumper
error

On 6/21/2016 at 9:26 PM, Blackhoof said:

But what do you mean by "elemental powers"? Like, fire/water/air/earth elements? So an Epic that can control all four elements and gift the powers?

Hmm metabolism boosting sounds interesting. Relatively weak, but an interesting power certainly. Unique too. I have no issues with it.

Well I was originally intending for the character to only be able to gift the power and not use it, but I don't think that really is possible. And not gift elemental manipulation; I was thinking that the character could grant the ability to turn themselves into an "elemental", an avatar of themselves but larger and somehow incorporating the element into their system. And I don't really mean the four traditional fire water earth air elements, but I was thinking some slightly different ones. Not completely different, but just kind of different (storm, sea, soil, wood (and I didn't include fire not because it's just a chemical reaction, but because I don't like fire)).

18 minutes ago, cloudjumper said:

Hello! I have come with an idea for a human! Could someone please review it and point out any faults so next time I can do a better job, or if this character is good (which seems a little unlikely) you can tell me and I might be able to use it?

Name: Unknown, but people call him "bacon" because of the amount of fat in his body.

Appearance: Short, rotund Middle Eastern male with a cheerful expression on his face almost all of the time

Backstory and personality: Bacon was born in the Middle East, raised by two caring parents. They knew that their peaceful village in the desert wasn't going to survive the increasingly violent epic attacks on nearby villages, so they gathered all of their money and sent him on a plane to (Dalles, Astoria, Corvallis, Austrailia, Portland, Salem) when he was only a small child. Bacon is still grateful for their sacrifice, and chooses to obey their wishes and start a new life, putting a layer of blubber between him and his past. Bacon is now a happy person on the outside, but underneath, he is in turmoil, being involved in several different secret societies and being blackmailed into a couple of treasonous plots and conspiracies. Depending on whether or not said secret societies and conspiracies exist, Bacon can also be troubled by the thought of serving epics, who brutally murdered thousands of people in the Middle East, most likely including his parents.

If you haven't guessed already, Bacon is an assistant to an epic. If you have any suggestions on which epic Bacon can work for, please let me know. If you have any suggestions on which thread Bacon can go to, also please let me know.

And I have an epic too, or at least concepts of epic power portfolios that don't have a personality yet.

Primary

He starts out with some very minor passive traits. He can boost these passive traits a significant amount for any amount of time as powerful as he likes it. However, the amount he boosts a trait is directly proportional to the amount of food he has to eat to sustain himself. Some traits cost more than others to boost.

Also, I saw some post that mentioned a sea in Oregon, here, I believe. Is that a literal sea, or just a large lake?

Thanks

Quick question: why is his name unknown? Does he deliberately keep it a secret? 
Sending him on a plane to the US, I'm not sure on. If Epics were already attacking the Middle East, the US probably wasn't any safer. They caused so much turmoil within our borders that Congress passed an act promising not to fight back and basically consigning control of the US over to whichever Epics could maintain it the longest; WoB has it that nations like Canada, which didn't pass some form of the Capitulation Act, didn't wind up in very good shape. Maybe he came to the US sooner? Or his parents were first-generation immigrants and he was born here?

The sea in Joe's post refers to the ocean bordering Oregon to the west. 

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1

The post takes place in Astoria, a coastal town. 

ze7hOly.png

Hope that helps! 

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Quick question: why is his name unknown? Does he deliberately keep it a secret? 
Sending him on a plane to the US, I'm not sure on. If Epics were already attacking the Middle East, the US probably wasn't any safer. They caused so much turmoil within our borders that Congress passed an act promising not to fight back and basically consigning control of the US over to whichever Epics could maintain it the longest; WoB has it that nations like Canada, which didn't pass some form of the Capitulation Act, didn't wind up in very good shape. Maybe he came to the US sooner? Or his parents were first-generation immigrants and he was born here?

The sea in Joe's post refers to the ocean bordering Oregon to the west. 

Hide contents

data=RfCSdfNZ0LFPrHSm0ublXdzhdrDFhtmHhN1

The post takes place in Astoria, a coastal town. 

ze7hOly.png

Hide contents

Hope that helps! 

Oh! So it's a real sea! That makes sense. Also, his name is unknown because the epics that hired him never bothered to learn his real name; Bacon seemed fine with them calling him that. And for the traveling thing, what about if the appearance of the Calamity star caused some conflict with the few polytheistic desert tribes that still remained? Also, thanks for pointing that out.

1 hour ago, cloudjumper said:

I love this character. Bacon is shipped with Revolution, obviously. Double-shipped if he's vegetarian.

Edited by Mckeedee123

9 hours ago, cloudjumper said:

Primary

Thanks

I'm a bit confused that you call him a human, but he has Epic powers :P hahaha

I'll echo Twi that no nation would really have been seen as being better off when Epics started attacking. Sure some nations would have fallen more quickly than others but by that point planes were probably all grounded. Who would fly with Epics rampaging through the skies?

7 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

I'm a bit confused that you call him a human, but he has Epic powers :P hahaha

I'll echo Twi that no nation would really have been seen as being better off when Epics started attacking. Sure some nations would have fallen more quickly than others but by that point planes were probably all grounded. Who would fly with Epics rampaging through the skies?

The powerset below Bacon is for an unfinished character I'm working on, not for him.