I think the reason Noelle is shying away from a parcel power is because she want her epic to be able to gift Vanillas the ability to fly without any of the resistances. If they were one power, wouldn't they have to be gifted as one?

This is something that has me confused about Profs abilities. In the third book, we see him start to use his force field power to their full extent, and they become green instead of invisible (like the bubble he used to contain Stormfront or whatever her name was). He also has the ability to make those spears, and I wasn't sure if that was still force fields or another power. Tia remembers he only gifted her the spears that one time, but she has been gifted force fields at other times, so are they separate, or could prof choose to only gift certain aspects of his power?

That doesn't really matter, does it? I mean gifting applies to all powers, so if she has means to protect herself from flight then the only reasons vanillas can fly without resistances is because she doesn't want them to have the resistances and specifically decided not to give them out.

I myself got the distinct impression that how the powers can be used are part of the powers. Afterall, if an Epic can create forcefields, why can't he project them? That's a seperate power obviously. If he can project them, why should the Epic be restricted to specific forms, if not for the forms he can project being coded into his powers. Why should Newton's vector redirection be any more presice than that of any Epic, if not her powers making it so?

Actually that was definitely the main reason why I was being specific. Lena as a pretty long history of killing people by giving them the flying ability and then sitting back and waiting for them to kill themselves on accident. Also I sort of wanted to outline what her resistances are for myself and others. 

Actually that was definitely the main reason why I was being specific. Lena as a pretty long history of killing people by giving them the flying ability and then sitting back and waiting for them to kill themselves on accident. Also I sort of wanted to outline what her resistances are for myself and others. 

The restrictions seem to be that no matter with which power set you go, she could decide freely if she wants to give them the powers needed to survive or not. Of course then there's also a range restriction on gifting and the powers eventually get used up, so that could easily lead to accidents with flight as well.

So what's everyone thinking for their next post?

For me the plan is now to make a Lucentia post in which she greats a local peon. <_<

It would probably also help if I decided where exactly I should let Eden set down a messenger. :ph34r:

14 minutes ago, WarriorMark16 said:

do we have to introduce minor epics even if we`re just going to kill them in the first post theyre in?

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure it's not mandatory. I didn't do it, given that mine was in Wastelands. I think things work differently there.

Edited by Chandrian

5 minutes ago, WarriorMark16 said:

do we have to introduce minor epics even if we`re just going to kill them in the first post theyre in?

I'm feeling kind of reluctant to support the idea to continue introducing Epics just as canon fodder.