I'm not yet sure on that one. Azrael will want him to, but Accord most likely has other plans. The decision will probably end up being made by the vanilla I'll be introducing, as she's Accord's representative. Eternity himself will most likely wish to join whichever faction Accord doesn't want him to, although his motivations are a little murkier, as you'll (hopefully) see (if I can write what I'm planning well enough). :P

Right. Forgot about that. I'll think one up ASAP. :P

Right, about that representative, which got kind of lost in the discussion about Eternity, but were you planning for her to be gifted powers? Because given the range on those, that might be a bit of a problem.

Ah yes, those little details.

Talking about details (I'm on a roll aren't I? At least this one is tecnically a positive) it's something I haven't paid that much attention to, given that I'm not all that involved with Salem, but does Abadon have flight?

Right, about that representative, which got kind of lost in the discussion about Eternity, but were you planning for her to be gifted powers? Because given the range on those, that might be a bit of a problem.

Talking about details (I'm on a roll aren't I? At least this one is tecnically a positive) it's something I haven't paid that much attention to, given that I'm not all that involved with Salem, but does Abadon have flight?

I was, but she doesn't have to be, for the plot to work. (What exactly is the range limit on Gifting, anyways?)

Speaking of little details, does anyone mind if I include little first-person snippets into posts that feature Eternity? Just little couple-sentence things, revealing a touch of relevant backstory/motivation, etc. I'm not always sure how to include things like that without an info-dump, and given my initial concept for the character, I think something like that might work well.

I was, but she doesn't have to be, for the plot to work. (What exactly is the range limit on Gifting, anyways?)

Speaking of little details, does anyone mind if I include little first-person snippets into posts that feature Eternity? Just little couple-sentence things, revealing a touch of relevant backstory/motivation, etc. I'm not always sure how to include things like that without an info-dump, and given my initial concept for the character, I think something like that might work well.

I'm not sure about the exact range but short enough that the gifting Epic would have to be in the same city.

I'm not exactly sure why information would require a specific narrator perspective to be conveyed? I guess, if it's a one time thing to introduce the character, it wouldn't interrupt the flow too much.

Abaddon has flight. It is one of the many benefits of being incorporeal. GWAMMER! AND SAPELING!

First off, I don't understand how incorporeality lets him fly.

I don't think that it is. Just like Abbadon's ability to not be killed while sleeping, it seems like an ability that's tacked-on to make him more powerful/invulnerable, without contributing anything to the character.

Because all intangibles in the Reckonerverse have flight, as the power apparently can't arbitrarily make exceptions for the ground, which would be awkward to say the least.

Pretty sure Twi refered to the GWAMMER! AND SAPELING! part.

Edited by Edgedancer

I'm not sure about the exact range but short enough that the gifting Epic would have to be in the same city.

I'm not exactly sure why information would require a specific narrator perspective to be conveyed? I guess, if it's a one time thing to introduce the character, it wouldn't interrupt the flow too much.

Alright. All that really matters is that the vanilla has Accord's authority to make agreements and such; if Accord has to formalize them after the fact, that doesn't matter.

Mostly because it's information that I'm not sure how to convey without breaking the story's flow; the main reason for the different perspective is to tie back to the WHOOC, and make it obvious that it's a snapshot of Eternity's thoughts looking back. I can scrap it; it'll just mean a little more work for me.

Alright. All that really matters is that the vanilla has Accord's authority to make agreements and such; if Accord has to formalize them after the fact, that doesn't matter.

Mostly because it's information that I'm not sure how to convey without breaking the story's flow; the main reason for the different perspective is to tie back to the WHOOC, and make it obvious that it's a snapshot of Eternity's thoughts looking back. I can scrap it; it'll just mean a little more work for me.

If it's that important, go ahead.

I apologize. Also, thanks for explaining the incorporeality bit, Edge.

edit:: I'd also like to extend my apologies to breakingamber. I realize that I've been excessively aggressive when discussing what I saw as problems with your character. That hasn't been conducive towards maintaining a friendly RP environment, and I'm sorry for that. :)

It's fine. 

Just have it as his thoughts. Thoughts are in first person anyway, right?

Just have it as his thoughts. Thoughts are in first person anyway, right?

The problem is they're thoughts that are hard to work into the scene in context, but necessary for putting the scene into context, if that makes any sense. :P I need to wait for a couple people to post in Astoria anyways, so I'll mess around with things a little. (Maybe write them from a different character's perspective.)

Sorry everyone! Or, everyone waiting for me to post. Which is a small percentage, but still...

Uh..yeah. Sorry for delays. I'll try and get posts for stuff up as soon as possible, just been...somewhat distracted.

By the Jungle Book. Sweet Sunbutt is that movie pretty

So, uh, yeah. Apologies!

Sorry everyone! Or, everyone waiting for me to post. Which is a small percentage, but still...

Uh..yeah. Sorry for delays. I'll try and get posts for stuff up as soon as possible, just been...somewhat distracted.

By the Jungle Book. Sweet Sunbutt is that movie pretty

So, uh, yeah. Apologies!

No offense, but I've really been waiting on you and Vikro. We're doing a collab. He needs to post the last Vandal part so the whole can online.

As far as I know, that's everyone who Koschei had with him. I would assume that any other Epics present remained neutral or took advantage of the chaos in one way or another. However, I'm not even entirely sure how many current Dalles Epics were present during Koschei's takeover. I know Dewhickey hadn't become Arsenal yet, but as for Glamour, Edgerunner, and Scribbler (as well as the Slivers), I have no idea.

If you have time, would you mind telling me about Haze, Tank, and Rewind? I know very little about them and would love to hear more. Your characters are always awesome. :)

I know Scribbler hadn't gotten her powers yet, and Edgerunner I know was away from the action in one way or another. Quicksilver wasn't aligned with Koschei, and IIRC, he didn't really become a problem for The Dalles until after his death. Glamour wasn't involved, either. Though it seems like Koschei had more Epics working for him….

I plan on going into Rewind in more detail in the RP proper, but I confess I hadn't come up with much backstory on Tank and Haze (the latter especially, since Remington's brother killed him in his first appearance). 

Cool! If you figure out some of those other Epics working for Koschei, would you mind if I wrote takeover posts for them (or maybe the ones that we already know)? :ph34r: I feel like that could work well in conjunction with your next few Koschei flashbacks.

Sure. :) If you want to write some posts for Tank, feel free. 

Great! Do you have any information about his personality and powerset that I should know?

Y'know, I think that I enjoy having only a single character. It allows me to really focus on Adelmo while also having the time to play around with a variety of characters that other people have left behind. There's a certain allure to introducing my own character, but I also deeply enjoy what I'm able to do now. :D

Not really. He was a strength Epic, who didn't so much as bat an eye when Koschei slit a toddler's throat, so he was pretty calloused. Other than that, I didn't really even give him a physical description, so that's all open to interpretation. 

I know Scribbler hadn't gotten her powers yet, and Edgerunner I know was away from the action in one way or another. Quicksilver wasn't aligned with Koschei, and IIRC, he didn't really become a problem for The Dalles until after his death. Glamour wasn't involved, either. Though it seems like Koschei had more Epics working for him….

I plan on going into Rewind in more detail in the RP proper, but I confess I hadn't come up with much backstory on Tank and Haze (the latter especially, since Remington's brother killed him in his first appearance). 

To clarify Scribbler got them during (Very near the end) of Koschei's reign but she had no access to ink so she couldn't use her powers til after she was released.

No offense, but I've really been waiting on you and Vikro. We're doing a collab. He needs to post the last Vandal part so the whole can online.

13tzot.jpg

...But seriously, I'll, uh. Try and get that done asap. Sorry for the delays!

EDIT So, for Salem..

My thought is that she's been very smug, very secure. She's known everything that's been going on, so she's been able to afford to be magnanimous.

Having her rules flouted to begin with? That was bad.

Having one of the most powerful epics in that location call up and say "Hey, I totes caught the guy responsible"? Time for the paranoia.

Edited by Quiver