Ok. Is there a maximum distance that they can be from Valere? Would they be fine in the Dalles with him outside? I'm not completely sure if the Large Dispersal Rule applies here.

Edited by Master Elodin

That makes sense I guess, but I was kind of thinking of him as a matter creator/manipulator. Anyways, could the range be large enough for him to be somewhere in Oregon that isn't the Dalles while they are in the Dalles?

That brings up a question. I have a great idea for an Epic, but I'm not sure about a couple things. I know Portland is closed to new Epics, but would it be OK if an Epic passed though Portland on her way to Astoria? 

Also, as everyone who read Firefight knows:

Dawnslight is in a coma, and he seems unaffected by Calamity's corruption. I was hoping to replicate that with Hurricane, who is an Epic in a coma with the ability to create projections. More details later if this gets approved, but... I'm presuming that in-a-coma Epics are immune to Calamity's corurption. Am I right?

That brings up a question. I have a great idea for an Epic, but I'm not sure about a couple things. I know Portland is closed to new Epics, but would it be OK if an Epic passed though Portland on her way to Astoria?

Also, as everyone who read Firefight knows:

Dawnslight is in a coma, and he seems unaffected by Calamity's corruption. I was hoping to replicate that with Hurricane, who is an Epic in a coma with the ability to create projections. More details later if this gets approved, but... I'm presuming that in-a-coma Epics are immune to Calamity's corurption. Am I right?

Why does he need to pass through Portland? Why can't he just appear in Astoria?

We didn't learn nearly enough about Dawnslight to be sure, but probably not. It's possible, certainly, but in a coma=immune to corruption seems a tad simplistic to fit.

Why does he need to pass through Portland? Why can't he just appear in Astoria?

We didn't learn nearly enough about Dawnslight to be sure, but probably not. It's possible, certainly, but in a coma=immune to corruption seems a tad simplistic to fit.

I want to do something in Portland. Which reminds me of another question: are natural disasters allowed, or does everything dramatic have to be Epic related?

I want to do something in Portland. Which reminds me of another question: are natural disasters allowed, or does everything dramatic have to be Epic related?

You could always adopt a vanilla character. And while I understand the allure of the Epic fights in Portland, having a new character just pass through feels like skirting the rules to me.

Technically, yes, but a natural disaster would cause major disruptions and derailments for every character in the path of said disaster, so I'm going to say natural disasters need unanimous approval from all players whose characters will be involved--present or future, in case someone was going to have their character migrate from one thread to another--before going forward.

I just had a semi-horrifying idea about an Epic or Epic government who figures out how to make motivators. They make prototypes from living Epics and discover that it causes them pain. But what would a domineering Epic faced with the choice between a servant with a power and a potential LOT of servants with that power?

Chooses the latter of course!

But the Epic is uncertain how they work, exactly. To eliminate risks, they keep the motivatored Epics alive. Chained up, trapped in some way. Alive and in CONSTANT pain due to the mass use of their motivators.

Pretty grim fate, even for an Epic O.O

I just had a semi-horrifying idea about an Epic or Epic government who figures out how to make motivators. They make prototypes from living Epics and discover that it causes them pain. But what would a domineering Epic faced with the choice between a servant with a power and a potential LOT of servants with that power?

Chooses the latter of course!

But the Epic is uncertain how they work, exactly. To eliminate risks, they keep the motivatored Epics alive. Chained up, trapped in some way. Alive and in CONSTANT pain due to the mass use of their motivators.

Pretty grim fate, even for an Epic O.O

That would be out of canon. Only Knighthawk and the other motivator companies know how to make motivators. It would be a really cool idea for Rowena though...

I'll be getting a new Vandal/Abaddon compilation post up soon. Vikro seems to be busy very often.

Edited by breakingamber

That would be out of canon. Only Knighthawk and the other motivator companies know how to make motivators. It would be a really cool idea for Rowena though...

I'll be getting a new Vandal/Abaddon compilation post up soon. Vikro seems to be busy very often.

definitely, i'd never do it. but still, scary idea.

definitely, i'd never do it. but still, scary idea.

It's certainly a possibility and a frightening one. Tecnically, it doesn't even break canon, if the Epic overlord in question just does a reverse Prof and pretends he actually just has some kind of powerful Gifter working for him (or that he is one himself).

Have we found a new fate for Nighthound? :P

And Then Nighthound Suffered

Well, you could probably use Nighthound to make Epic controling motivators, which is to say hopefully not. :ph34r:

I still dig the suffering part though.

Edited by Edgedancer

You could always adopt a vanilla character. And while I understand the allure of the Epic fights in Portland, having a new character just pass through feels like skirting the rules to me.

Technically, yes, but a natural disaster would cause major disruptions and derailments for every character in the path of said disaster, so I'm going to say natural disasters need unanimous approval from all players whose characters will be involved--present or future, in case someone was going to have their character migrate from one thread to another--before going forward.

OK, so I'll just have her appear in Astoria. Now on to her powerset, which I've modified due to the "coma =/= free from corruption" problem.

Hurricane

aka. Selena Hawkrain

Primary: Can create a hurricane around herself. Also can control said hurricane, mostly its speed. It reaches a maximum radius of about 15 miles wide, for a diameter of about 30 miles wide.

Secondary: While making a hurricane, she will fly in the middle of the hurricane, area-wise and height-wise.

Tertiary: When making a hurricane, she will be surrounded by a bluish force-field that is completely invincible.

MO: She mostly stays in her hurricane. She is currently looking for her sister, a vanilla, thinking that she knows her weakness. She plans to keep searching for her until either she is dead, or she has wrecked the entirety of the Americas. She's recently been traveling along what used to be Highway 101, and she just passed through Warrenton.

Or is that too OP? Do I need to limit that severely to just making columns of super-strong wind?

OK, so I'll just have her appear in Astoria. Now on to her powerset, which I've modified due to the "coma =/= free from corruption" problem.

Hurricane

aka. Selena Hawkrain

Primary: Can create a hurricane around herself. Also can control said hurricane, mostly its speed. It reaches a maximum radius of about 15 miles wide, for a diameter of about 30 miles wide.

Secondary: While making a hurricane, she will fly in the middle of the hurricane, area-wise and height-wise.

Tertiary: When making a hurricane, she will be surrounded by a bluish force-field that is completely invincible.

MO: She mostly stays in her hurricane. She is currently looking for her sister, a vanilla, thinking that she knows her weakness. She plans to keep searching for her until either she is dead, or she has wrecked the entirety of the Americas. She's recently been traveling along what used to be Highway 101, and she just passed through Warrenton.

Or is that too OP? Do I need to limit that severely to just making columns of super-strong wind?

Yes, that's too OP. It's a character that'll cause natural disasters that will severely upend any thread she's in. Limit the radius of her hurricanes to something more manageable, and that'll work.

Hurricane

aka. Selena Hawkrain

Frankly, if she just moves through the country side like that, she'd be dead before she even makes it to the city proper... and die through the lack of hydration even without another Epic's involvement. Plus even knowing if she found her sister would be impossible.

Ignoring that, yeah the pure scale of that is just ridiculous.

Edited by Edgedancer

OK, would about a kilometer diameter work? 

To answer Edgedancer, she'll probably just take a break once in a while.

I'll really have to tone her down either way.

I forgot how big 30 miles is until I looked it up 10 seconds ago.

Edited by breakingamber

OK, would about a kilometer work?

Given how unsustainable that power combined with MO is anyway, nope not really. Not enough control to avoid destroying her own resources while protected and no protection what-so-ever from anyone killing her (which would be a lot of poeple, given the damage she causes) when not using it.

One way or another, she'd be taken out ASAP no matter where she goes.

Edited by Edgedancer

Given how unsustainable that power combined with MO is anyway, nope not really. Not enough control to avoid destroying her own resources while protected and no protection what-so-ever from anyone killing her (which would be a lot of poeple, given the damage she causes) when not using it.

One way or another, she'd be taken out ASAP no matter where she goes.

Fudge. I was really looking forward to that.

Fudge. I was really looking forward to that.

Maybe you could start smaller when developing powers. Think of a power that you like, that doesn't seem all that powerful, and think of some scary applications for it. Keep some reasonable limits on that power, but just try deconstructing a power and go from there.