Ah, I get it. Mary could make portals in the right shape for this trick but so far I had it that that she couldn't partially transport and cut off objects like that, because it would give the means to bypass a good numbers of PIs (primarily impenetrable skin, forcefields and intangibility) by affecting space instead of the Epics themselves. Of course, if we want to give her an power upgrade for the Night's Sorrow status, I could always retcon that in as another one of the powers she is keeping secret.

Well it wouldn't really affect Intangibility, and she could already kill people with forcefields if she could get a bit of blood inside the forcefield on the impenetrable skin there would be ways to avoid it affecting Metal/Steelheart levels

Well it wouldn't really affect Intangibility, and she could already kill people with forcefields if she could get a bit of blood inside the forcefield on the impenetrable skin there would be ways to avoid it affecting Metal/Steelheart levels

Maybe I understood you wrong after all. :mellow: What I thought you meant was the ability to take something that's partially in the portal and then by moving the edge of the portal away, severing the connection between the parts of the object, which certainly would affect intangibles, as their body still takes up space that could be disconnected.

Maybe I understood you wrong after all. :mellow: What I thought you meant was the ability to take something that's partially in the portal and then by moving the edge of the portal away, severing the connection between the parts of the object, which certainly would affect intangibles, as their body still takes up space that could be disconnected.

Well it depends on whether you think someone intangible could actually use the portal, they couldn't touch the actual blood so it's possible it wouldn't work.

Ah, I get it. Mary could make portals in the right shape for this trick but so far I had it that that she couldn't partially transport and cut off objects like that, because it would give the means to bypass a good numbers of PIs (primarily impenetrable skin, forcefields and intangibility) by affecting space instead of the Epics themselves. Of course, if we want to give her an power upgrade for the Night's Sorrow status, I could always retcon that in as another one of the powers she is keeping secret.

that could indeed be too powerful.... I wouldn't be in favour of this, as she is already pretty strong.

and honestly she can kill easily enough with her blood that she doesn't need to be able to cut things like that.

Well it depends on whether you think someone intangible could actually use the portal, they couldn't touch the actual blood so it's possible it wouldn't work.

I'd say that once the portal is open, it's a hole in space and the blood is only the medium for it to be opened, meaning that it would affect intangibles.

that could indeed be too powerful.... I wouldn't be in favour of this, as she is already pretty strong.

and honestly she can kill easily enough with her blood that she doesn't need to be able to cut things like that.

I'm inclined to agree, given that I didn't include it in the first place. Just outlying options in case people really want her to turn out more destructive.

I don't think she needs it. It isn't like Steelheart or Obliteration could insta-kill most High Epics on a whim :P they were powerful, but not absurdly so.

I think Mail may have been going at it from the agnle that if Mary is Night's Sorrow and Night's Sorrow had a major part in the destruction of Oregon that should mean she also has great destructive potential with her powers.

I think Mail may have been going at it from the agnle that if Mary is Night's Sorrow and Night's Sorrow had a major part in the destruction of Oregon that should mean she also has great destructive potential with her powers.

That's exactly what I was going for.

Where/what is Rowena? A new "what happened in" thing? I've heard the Panda and Bus Driver mention it, but...

Also, can two different Epics have the same name?

More a side story I think.

I'd say so, although preferably not in the same thread unless you planned on making it a plot point and cleared it with the other player. After all there are only so many names they can choose. I've had trouble with coming up with new names for my list so I have a few duplicates in there, and in real life Epics wouldn't cross-reference their chosen name with every other Epic.

That's exactly what I was going for.

Well, if you want her to be really destructive, she could make motivators out of Nighthound's corpse to control other Epics. :ph34r: 

(Disclaimer: I'm not serious. :P )

BusDriver isn't a very creative person. :P

Oh yeah? Name one other character that can specifically turn pebbles into buses with a fuel based timer? :ph34r:

Partially because nothing is really happening in Salem, other than the occasional battle, we should send some super-destructive Epic that way.

An Epic named Hurricane (with the ability to create hurricanes) would be ideal.

EDIT: I messed up ordeal with ideal.

Edited by breakingamber

Well, if you want her to be really destructive, she could make motivators out of Nighthound's corpse to control other Epics. :ph34r:

(Disclaimer: I'm not serious. :P )

Oh yeah? Name one other character that can specifically turn pebbles into buses with a fuel based timer? :ph34r:

Since when is "not being serious" a deterrent to ideas in this RP? :P

Um... :ph34r: I mean that BusDriver the character isn't a very creative person. :P I, of course, am very much so. B):P

I was reading Firefight and I thought of someone who we could eventually introduce to the Reckoners RP as a large threat and destructive force: Backbreaker! He is only mentioned once, and is put on the same power and destruction level as Obliteration, having said to be able to easily destroy a city. He, much like Nights Sorrow, is a character shrouded in mystery and one that could be fun to use.

Yeah but Backbreaker and Nights Sorrow would be fine I think. Also he just sounds amazing. Actually, all three of them might work as Obliteration travels a lot, Nights Sorrow destroyed Oregon and maybe Backbreaker has a grudge on soon-to-be Sorrow.

Edited by Master Elodin

Yeah but Backbreaker and Nights Sorrow would be fine I think. Also he just sounds amazing. Actually, all three of them might work as Obliteration travels a lot, Nights Sorrow destroyed Oregon and maybe Backbreaker has a grudge on soon-to-be Sorrow.

What are Backbreaker's powers? Or does it not mention them at all?

Since when is "not being serious" a deterrent to ideas in this RP? :P

Um... :ph34r: I mean that BusDriver the character isn't a very creative person. :P I, of course, am very much so. B):P

Does that mean you're in favour of the idea?:ph34r:

Ah, of course.:P

I dunno Obliteration would make sense to show up, given how he travels and we know Night's Sorrow is involved but Backbreaker is not much more than a name at this point, so I don't really see an reason to include him, except for a shout-out.

Does that mean you're in favour of the idea?:ph34r:

Ah, of course.:P

I dunno Obliteration would make sense to show up, given how he travels and we know Night's Sorrow is involved but Backbreaker is not much more than a name at this point, so I don't really see an reason to include him, except for a shout-out.

I didn't say I wasn't. :ph34r:

Does that mean you're in favour of the idea? :ph34r:

Ah, of course. :P

well I believe in a WOB Brandon said that Obliteration was indeed at Oregon at some point, same with Night's Sorrow. So I agree that including those two over Backbreaker is ideal.