Ok, I'm changing his portfolio.

Name: Oracle

Primary: Pyrokinesis- gives fire resistance

Secondary: Sonokinesis

Tertiary: Superstrength

At this point, maybe it would be best if we first concentrate on the question Blackhoof asked you, about what you want to do with the character, instead of just changing the portfolio over and over again.

What all does sonokinesis entail?

On the risk of being the unhelpful know-it-all, sonokinesis means sound maipulation, which, while we mostly treated it as projecting sound or silencing it, does still cover a wide enough array that your question is in place.

What places are open to new epics?

In general, Astoria, Corvallis and Salem (the Wasteland is also open but usually it's less "add an Epic" and more "add a faction"). Although, every location has Epics that are still around from players that left and are now open to adoption. (On that topic, given that Elodin ditched the character, do we want to reset that bit about Ozymandias just kind of leaving?) And given that I can guess what's going to follow, I'm going to say in advance that (both because we are getting kind of full and because there have been some cases with people abonding characters relatively quickly) we'd encourage you to settle in with your first character, which by the way seems very interesting although again final judgement to kobold, given that the Dalles is concerned, before creating another Epic character.

In general, Astoria, Corvallis and Salem (the Wasteland is also open but usually it's less "add an Epic" and more "add a faction"). Although, every location has Epics that are still around from players that left and are now open to adoption. (On that topic, given that Elodin ditched the character, do we want to reset that bit about Ozymandias just kind of leaving?) And given that I can guess what's going to follow, I'm going to say in advance that (both because we are getting kind of full and because there have been some cases with people abonding characters relatively quickly) we'd encourage you to settle in with your first character, which by the way seems very interesting although again final judgement to kobold, given that the Dalles is concerned, before creating another Epic character.

Yeah I will for sure wait a bit and get some work done with my Vanilla character first. I was just curious, because I have an idea for an epic in the future. 

Hey! He did his best. Lightwards broke supervillain protocol and killed him mid-monologue.

Stitch may have lost the battle physically, but he maintained Villain Protocol the entire time, making him the moral victor.

Which is weird, as I never thought I'd say that about any epic, especially Stitch...

a cool temporal epic.

Tachyon 

can compress up to thirty seconds(though its easier to do less) of time into one second. this affects only him and people he is touching (this includes acts of violence like punching them in the face.)

he usually carries around a rifle and some grenades.

no PIs

Edited by WarriorMark16

a cool temporal epic.

Tachyon 

can compress up to thirty seconds(though its easier to do less) of time into one second. this affects only him and people he is touching (this includes acts of violence like punching them in the face.)

he usually carries around a rifle and some grenades.

no PIs

How does this affect people that he is indirectly touching? As in, he grabs person A, who is holding B. Is B affected?

How does this affect people that he is indirectly touching? As in, he grabs person A, who is holding B. Is B affected?

probably. either A they're accelerated too (I would add a limitation to this though). or B they wouldnt be accelerated (which might rip off/hurt the affending object touching them, I am not entirely sure of the physics of that). 

So since some of you are better with weird physics than I am, 

a light wave and a gravity wave race. Which one wins? Both travel at c, but does the gravity wave shorten time for itself?

Also, Epic based on whichever you think would win:

Gravispeed: Can move faster in accordance with the force of gravity he experiences, i.e. v(adapted)=v(original)*(amount of g's experienced). Can go faster than light in a black hole.

Lightlight: Can negate the effects of gravity the faster he is moving, i.e. g(experienced)=g(normal)/v. Yes, his name is Lightlight. It's a good name, don't make fun of it.  :P

Edit: 

probably. either A they're accelerated too (I would add a limitation to this though). or B they wouldnt be accelerated (which might rip off/hurt the affending object touching them, I am not entirely sure of the physics of that). 

Is he experiencing 30 seconds, or is the outside world?

Edited by 18th Shard

a light wave and a gravity wave race. Which one wins? Both travel at c, but does the gravity wave shorten time for itself?

Gravispeed: Can move faster in accordance with the force of gravity he experiences, i.e. v(adapted)=v(original)*(amount of g's experienced). Can go faster than light in a black hole.

Lightlight: Can negate the effects of gravity the faster he is moving, i.e. g(experienced)=g(normal)/v. Yes, his name is Lightlight. It's a good name, don't make fun of it.  :P

Edit: 

Depends on the medium it's travelling through. Other than that I have no idea, I would say they travel at the same speed through a vacuum but I might be unaware of some weird wibbly wobbly quantumy wantumy stuff going on.

Edit: 

Frankly, both of those powers sound fairly useless to me (of course I'm also tired right now, so maybe my brain's just not processing as it should). Not only is Gravispeed unlikely to ever be in a situation to use his powers but the strain caused by enhanced gravity would tire him out extremly fast or worse in the case of a blackhole like in the example. Lightlight on the other hand would not being able to keep on the ground while using his, making it hard to get propulsion, quickly slowing him down again and negating his power, of course that's assuming he has a method for speeding up fast enough under controled circumstances anyway. Then there's the problem with friction.

Edited by Edgedancer

I would say yes on retconning Ozymandias leaving the Dalles, if my voice matters (have I established myself as a responsible Oregoner, yet?).

Considering you remember more details about the past of the RP than I do, I consider you one. :P you're the only ascended fan, and you know quite a bit.

Who is Adelmo by the way?

What secret does Backtrack hold?

The Agent Formerly Known As Clarence, or Adelmo, is an operative for The Dalles City Guard. He was sent to bring Backtrack back to the city out of the fear that Backtrack would divulge information about The Dalles to one of the many Portland Epics who would use such info for ill.

Adelmo's social media campaign, it's working! Mwahahaha!

#bringbacktrackback2K25

edit: Speaking of Adelmo, I was wondering how I'm doing with him. Are you guys engaged by my writing? Is he a good character? Are there any glaring faults bothering you? Any and all input, positive or negative, is appreciated. :)

I'm not sure that my opinion is really worth that much but he seems pretty well written. The only thing that I would like to say is that maybe he should have some sort of conflict where for some reason he wants to abandon Backtrack and just settle down in the city but he knows that he has to #bringbacktrackback2K15.