true, and another question: what happens if two contracts on one person conflict with eachother?

Also, by anti-astoria do you mean all weak epics?

I wouldn't say weak necessarily but fewer High Epics would certainly be a good idea.

Did Brandon ever answer what a high epic was? Theyre described as seperate from prime invincibilities in the first book, but do we just call them the same thing?

PIs are just the absolute best of High Epic abilities. Edge came up with some classifications that I really like a while ago, I think one was a 'situational PI' which is what I'd say a High Epic has to have at the least, it doesn't completely prevent you from being killed but it makes it very difficult.

I thought it did.. Or maybe I'm misremembering. Anyways, nothing else except the Capitulation Act was mentioned, so why would it be?

The president becoming an Epic just seems like a notable piece of backstory that would have been mentioned at some point if true, odds are that someone in the whitehouse did become an Epic but I feel like if it was the president we'd know. It's not impossible but I'd feel weird about saying that he became an Epic without it having been mentioned.

The president becoming an Epic just seems like a notable piece of backstory that would have been mentioned at some point if true, odds are that someone in the whitehouse did become an Epic but I feel like if it was the president we'd know. It's not impossible but I'd feel weird about saying that he became an Epic without it having been mentioned.

I just feel like nothing else about the White House or international politics was mentioned. Ilidithia wasn't mentioned for a long time, so I think it's perfectly reasonable that other crazy things happened without them being mentioned at all. I mean, if the inevitable fall of the White House wasn't mentioned, why would the presidents ascension matter?

I just feel like nothing else about the White House or international politics was mentioned. Ilidithia wasn't mentioned for a long time, so I think it's perfectly reasonable that other crazy things happened without them being mentioned at all. I mean, if the inevitable fall of the White House wasn't mentioned, why would the presidents ascension matter?

There's a difference between something like international policy and the president of the country turning into an evil superpowered murderer. With Epics there are plenty of weird city-wide effects like Ildithia, Babilar and Newcago are both significantly altered too.

There's a difference between something like international policy and the president of the country turning into an evil superpowered murderer. With Epics there are plenty of weird city-wide effects like Ildithia, Babilar and Newcago are both significantly altered too.

I guess... It just seems like everyone is encapsulated also. But if you don't think so, then that's your call.

Well, if the setting in Europe, not much was covered there. Instead of a president it could just be a prime minister.

I guess... It just seems like everyone is encapsulated also. But if you don't think so, then that's your call.

I wouldn't try to forbid anyone from saying so it just seems pretty unlikely to me which breaks the immersion a bit, that's just my opinion though, it's not worth more than anyone elses.

Well, if the setting in Europe, not much was covered there. Instead of a president it could just be a prime minister.

That could definitely work.

My brother informs me that a popular video game has a boss fight soundtrack called "Death by Glamour."

It's good to know I have options for when Wilbert Abners inevitably becomes corrupt and tries to destroy Oregon. :ph34r::P

But will he be willing to become a terminator? :ph34r:

for time based abilities, anyone who can stop time is pretty powerful, even if its just for themselves. the combat applications are endless(literally, because time is stopped) The ability to stop time for others cancels every PI we have here, but why not have accord force eternity to not use her powers on other people?

To be fair, decoy style PIs and possibly intangibility (if he needs to touch people to take them) can by pass this but thats not exactly a lot of Epics this applies to.

PIs are just the absolute best of High Epic abilities. Edge came up with some classifications that I really like a while ago, I think one was a 'situational PI' which is what I'd say a High Epic has to have at the least, it doesn't completely prevent you from being killed but it makes it very difficult.

Because of the settings nature, the exact line at what makes na Epic an High Epic is a bit blurry. David essentially defines them by being unkillable with conventional means, aka a PI, so under his definition cases like Regalia don't fit the High Epic label. Some of the lorists have a slightly more encompassing definition, including what I like to call situational PI, by which I mean a set of powers that tecnically don't make it any harder to kill the Epic but allow to avoid situations in which they can be killed in the first place altogether.

You think it would have been mentioned if the capitulation act was mostly there because the president wanted to give himself a freebie. :ph34r:

I don't think another RP setting entirely is a good idea tbh. Too many settings and we spread people too thinly. Most threads are only progressing very slowly as it is.

But will he be willing to become a terminator? :ph34r:

To be fair, decoy style PIs and possibly intangibility (if he needs to touch people to take them) can by pass this but thats not exactly a lot of Epics this applies to.

Because of the settings nature, the exact line at what makes na Epic an High Epic is a bit blurry. David essentially defines them by being unkillable with conventional means, aka a PI, so under his definition cases like Regalia don't fit the High Epic label. Some of the lorists have a slightly more encompassing definition, including what I like to call situational PI, by which I mean a set of powers that tecnically don't make it any harder to kill the Epic but allow to avoid situations in which they can be killed in the first place altogether.

You think it would have been mentioned if the capitulation act was mostly there because the president wanted to give himself a freebie. :ph34r:

The idea of Obama as an Epic is pretty cool XD

But it definitely would have been mentioned.

EDIT:

Energy walked down an Astoria street, noticing a house he opened the door and walked inside as if he owed the place. Smirking at the house's former residents he proceeded to plop down on the couch.

"You, bring me a glass of wine," he snapped at a trembling woman and waited as she poured the wine into a glass. Taking a sip, he threw the glass to the floor, "Do you take me for a vanilla? How dare you give me this vile fluid. Bring me a glass of your best wine."

"That was our best w-wine," the former residents stammered.

"You have no sense when it comes to wine," he replied, "I shall punish you for your mistake unless you can inform me of the factions of this puny city."

Can anyone tell me what the factions in this city are?

The factions? sure

-The government: ruled by Queen Lucentia, currently Deathgale is looking after the place. The Metal, Bloody Mary, and the Financier (among others) are part of this faction

-Icesteel Keep: ruled by Winterspell, he rules a semi-independent fiefdom on the river in an icy fortress.

-Both are at peace and Winterspell owes fealty to Lucentia.

Those are the only factions a random civilian would know about, and they might not call them separate factions. 

A random civilian would probably note the big shadowy tower that had arisen sometime overnight, and may have heard of a battle happening outside the city walls, but other than that they wouldn't know.

Edited by Blackhoof

i like to think that the first Epics were of medium strength, without PIs. that way they escalate in power until High Epics start appearing and the situation becomes truly hopeless for society.

Trump as an Epic....

Trumpeter

Primary Power: Sonic Scream: Trumpeter can emit a powerful and deafening sonic scream of racist slurs that creates waves of force.

Secondary Power: Barrierkinesis: Trumpeter can create and control walls.

Weakness: Anyone who isn't vaguely offended by him. 

And the only one who can defeat him..... 

The Berner

Primary Power: Pyrokinesis: Feel the bern alright....

Secondary Power: Emotional Manipulation: Can manipulate emotions, but only of large groups in his line of sight.

Weakness: Rich people.

i like to think that the first Epics were of medium strength, without PIs. that way they escalate in power until High Epics start appearing and the situation becomes truly hopeless for society.

Trump as an Epic....

Trumpeter

Primary Power: Sonic Scream: Trumpeter can emit a powerful and deafening sonic scream of racist slurs that creates waves of force.

Secondary Power: Barrierkinesis: Trumpeter can create and control walls.

Weakness: Anyone who isn't vaguely offended by him.

And the only one who can defeat him.....

The Berner

Primary Power: Pyrokinesis: Feel the bern alright....

Secondary Power: Emotional Manipulation: Can manipulate emotions, but only of large groups in his line of sight.

Weakness: Rich people.

This is beautiful.