On 12/8/2016 at 0:39 PM, Cognizantastic said:

I will pop in to say that it is impossible to run at all, sans friction. @Voidus can likely provide more insight than me on this, but I thought I should mention it.

In addition, I'd like to tell you that I think the super speed as a whole is unnecessary. Friction manipulation is more than enough to be a powerful Epic — and even if it wasn't, writing characters of lower power levels is fun. The vast majority of my characters are either low-powered or human, and I'm having a blast. :) 

Also, I notice that no one has mentioned adoption to you.

I heartily encourage you to look into it. I started here with an original human character, but the variety of stories which I can create with adopted characters (as well as the community) are what kept me around. It's an excellent option, as is writing for a human rather than an Epic.

I suppose what I'm saying is for you to consider your options, before you get set on this journey. There are plenty of ways to enjoy WHiO. :D 

Yeah, I mean friction is kind of awkward because it's not really a property in and of itself, its derived from a whole bunch of other stuff. So whenever magic negates friction there's always a somewhat awkward part of my brain that wonders how specifically it does that. Pretty much any way to consistently apply it as a rule ends up making it insanely overpowered.
But yeah, anyway you try to invalidate friction it's going to make running impossible, unless you mean they run to max speed and then remove all friction and just slide?

In other news I just realized it's been ages since I posted and I know there were some posts I was due for so anyone got any suggestions for postings from Voidus?

4 hours ago, Voidus said:

Yeah, I mean friction is kind of awkward because it's not really a property in and of itself, its derived from a whole bunch of other stuff. So whenever magic negates friction there's always a somewhat awkward part of my brain that wonders how specifically it does that. Pretty much any way to consistently apply it as a rule ends up making it insanely overpowered.
But yeah, anyway you try to invalidate friction it's going to make running impossible, unless you mean they run to max speed and then remove all friction and just slide?

In other news I just realized it's been ages since I posted and I know there were some posts I was due for so anyone got any suggestions for postings from Voidus?

Thus is the way of the awesome. :ph34r:

I wouldn't object to a Neverthere post.

Okay... Right.

Give me a couple of minutes.

Edit: Here's his profile. I don't know what else to add.:(

Name: Valdemar Dagursson

Appearance:

Wears his uniform, like all of the vanilla guards. His hair is almost white, and his skin is far paler than a normal human’s, because of his decent. Has a scar slanted between his eyes.

Backstory:

He was born in Corvallis 3 years before his brother. He calls himself a different last name to use the normal Icelandic naming system (patronymic). He joined the police force because he thought it would be a better life than cleaning up an epic’s house for the rest of his life.

He gained his scar from a ghoul in the recent attacks

Edited by Chasmfiend

1 minute ago, Cognizantastic said:

Also, I think I should affirm Edge's statement that a bartender who doesn't take stuff from Epics, while cool, is definitely not conducive to the character's survival. Besides, I think the oppression is a more interesting situation anyways. 

You make an excellent point.

2 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

There was no particular area stated, but it can be inferred that it's somewhere near the MoNA (Lightwards' flying museum capital). You can easily place yourself near either of the two major events in the city right now, The Empire's assault on the zoo and The Dominion's PR Campaign.

How familiar are you with current events in Portland, anyways?

Also, I think I should affirm Edge's statement that a bartender who doesn't take stuff from Epics, while cool, is definitely not conducive to the character's survival. Besides, I think the oppression is a more interesting situation anyways. 

I'll read the last four or five pages to get caught up. Also, you are right. She'll take stuff from epics, but other humans-folks... that's a whole different story. ;)

Which of the current major events would be most interesting for a bartender is now number one on my to-figure-out list.