5 hours ago, Quiver said:

...so, Lyla post should hopefully be up tomorrow.

I say hopefully because I kind of just realised that the underlying psychology ofthe post is pretty damnation depressing, to the point I'm considering changing it.

Hide contents

My thought was that Lyla would react poorly to hearing that Shiny is leaving; I don't think it's been explicitly stated to her face that Shiny is just a temporary visitor, and not a full time Dalles occupant.

The reason I say this suddenly got extra depressing is because... well, I'm trying to imply in posts that Lyla is a little bit broken. She has the psychological baggage you might expect of someone in a nightmare land like Post-Calamity America, even if she doesn't realise it. She's latched on to epics as authority and alternative parental figures, since her parents are dead and she can't really reconcile epics killing them with them telling her to just do what Koschei says.

So...she might not be able to articulate it.She probably isn't even aware of it. But Lyla has abandonment usages, and her reaction to Shiny hightailing it out of there might be along the lines of "Everyone I love leaves me."

On the one hand, I do like it. I've been playing her about as comic relief, but like I say, this insane fixation on epics is...well, insane. It might be good to remind people, in canon, that she isn't silly and quirky; she's got problems, and a terrible coping mechanism.

But I'm worried it might be too downright dark for the Reckoners, and for Oregon in general. Thoughts?

Are we sure we don't want Shiny to adopt kidnap her? :mellow:

Seriously though, yeag this is good stuff. Go for it Quiver.

Edited by Edgedancer

8 hours ago, Quiver said:

I say hopefully because I kind of just realised that the underlying psychology ofthe post is pretty damnation depressing, to the point I'm considering changing it.

Hide contents

My thought was that Lyla would react poorly to hearing that Shiny is leaving; I don't think it's been explicitly stated to her face that Shiny is just a temporary visitor, and not a full time Dalles occupant.

The reason I say this suddenly got extra depressing is because... well, I'm trying to imply in posts that Lyla is a little bit broken. She has the psychological baggage you might expect of someone in a nightmare land like Post-Calamity America, even if she doesn't realise it. She's latched on to epics as authority and alternative parental figures, since her parents are dead and she can't really reconcile epics killing them with them telling her to just do what Koschei says.

So...she might not be able to articulate it.She probably isn't even aware of it. But Lyla has abandonment usages, and her reaction to Shiny hightailing it out of there might be along the lines of "Everyone I love leaves me."

On the one hand, I do like it. I've been playing her about as comic relief, but like I say, this insane fixation on epics is...well, insane. It might be good to remind people, in canon, that she isn't silly and quirky; she's got problems, and a terrible coping mechanism.

But I'm worried it might be too downright dark for the Reckoners, and for Oregon in general. Thoughts?

Do it! I like your idea a lot. As Edge said, this is good stuff. 

11 hours ago, Quiver said:

Hide contents

I could make a horrible meme about that!

When I say horrible, I mean the pun would be horrible. The idea you have is great. 

I guess Lich is being put on ice again...

Well, here's another normal epic (His first post will be at the bottom of Chasmfiend's due to his short relationship with him. As a vanilla servant.):

Golem.jpg

Epic Name: Golem

Primary: Material Shift

Has the ability to change the matter in his body to a material he’s touching. This is temporary; He can change into a solid for about half an hour, a liquid for about 15 minutes, a gas for about 2 (he is off-color; he looks kind of like light smoke).Other forms of mater are harder (energy is possible, but almost useless except for blocking a single attack). It takes about 15 minutes for him to be able to transform again.

Secondary: Increased Physical Abilities

He can move about 3x faster than a normal person, is 5x stronger, 6-7x more enduring and much more agile. Shoot him in the head secretly and he'll die normally though.

Appearance:

Light blonde hair. Blue eyes. Athletic build. Often looks lost in thought. Usually wears a running shirt and jeans.

Modus Operandi:

Wants to be able to beat anything. Trains constantly to be able to do so.

Will post a Chasmfiend post as soon as this is rejected/accepted. If accepted, a short Golem post will be added (mostly before transformation).

Edited by Ookla the Endless
Adding Text

On 12/6/2016 at 6:52 PM, Lord in Rags said:

HELLO, ME HAVE new epic, I am making this one first, K.I.R second alright? here's both, with edits.

Epic name: Slip Stream

Primary: He can ignore the laws of friction of any surface he touches.

Secondary: He can run at 200 miles an hour (400 without friction)

Appearance: He’s about 5’ 6”, Caucasian, has red hair, blue eyes, and wears a tie-dye tee, denim jeans, and tennis shoes. He has a neon yellow pack he always has on.

Mode of Operations: He just looks for adventure, going where ever the path leads him. He searches for something he lost, his humanity, he doesn’t consider himself as a human, only as a monster. He travels to see if can fill the void in his soul, to feel human again.

Personality/ History: He’s a major optimist, always looking at the bright side of life. Though he is truly depressed and sad inside, he is good at hiding it and covering it up with bad jokes and happy-go-lucky attitude. He started off like any other teen, had a family, A mother, a father, two sisters, he had a well-built life. But, that wouldn’t last forever. In the middle of the night, his neighborhood was raided by a local gang. His family was slaughtered by a man with a jagged edged claymore, and he had barely survived. Ever since, he’s been running his whole life, from his problems and the world.

Weakness: romantic relationships AND blades, anything with a sharp edge, but must resemble a sword.

Epic name: King in Rags

Primary: Uses absorbed energy- turns it into various other forms of energy, and releases it in those forms (i.e. lightning, fire, balls of energy, etc.). Energy is constantly released from his skin, causing everything nearby to slowly entropy. Extreme amount of energy allow him even more powers (Gravity manipulation, weather control, etc.). His limit to how much energy he can contain: he at most, can contain 5 nuclear power plants worth, beyond that, he may die. Also, the way he conducts this energy, think of it like the Green Lantern ring.

Secondary: He can transfer energy, he has absorbed, into anything he touches, or within 10 feet

Tertiary: Absorbs energy from anything he touches, or within 10 feet

Prime Invincibility: Invisible barrier, about 3 inches from his skin, absorbs all energy from anything that would harm him.

Appearance: A tall figure wrapped and covered in various pieces of cloth and tattered cloaks. His face and left hand are wrapped in bandage, with a black scarf around his neck. Has a four-pointed star metallic badge on his cloak. There is a dark shroud around him, he also sucks the light out of the air.

Mode of Operations: mostly wanders, with his servant Lich following him. He has no true goal, only to be there eating popcorn when the world goes to heck.

Personality/ History: Honestly, he is a jerk. He sees people as nothing more than something to insult and mock, the only reason lich sticks around him, well…he needed a “friend” more or less. Without Lich, He probably wouldn’t have ever actually cared for anyone. He used to be a miner, such a lonely life, never had much of a family. He saw the world as something to be gathered and used. Since he became an epic, he never truly saw the world as it was, only as a thing he constantly destroys. So, he abandoned society and traveled the world

Weakness: Nitroglycerin

Behold, should obliteration ever come to Salem, our savior! For though his fiery wrath would surely doom us, behold this 'King In Rags' canst steal his ever dooming flame and save all of Oregon!!^_^

Out of building curiosity, are there any humans - sorry, vanillas,- up for adoption anywhere? I think I'd enjoy writing from a normal(ish) perspective for once instead of the perspective of someone who is forever(ish) doomed to be insane and powerful. Anyone? Anywhere? At all? If not, I'd more than enjoy making someone.

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith

5 hours ago, Weirdpersonx said:

Hey guys! What's the current status of the Queens' meeting in Corvallis?

I think we are still waiting on Buttercup and Blossom to finish up with Argon?  As soon as that's done I think the meeting can go ahead.  Then it's on to another announcement from Rainmaker, and then I think we can start moving towards wrapping up the day?  

Am I missing anything?

28 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Out of building curiosity, are there any humans - sorry, vanillas,- up for adoption anywhere? I think I'd enjoy writing from a normal(ish) perspective for once instead of the perspective of someone who is forever(ish) doomed to be insane and powerful. Anyone? Anywhere? At all? If not, I'd more than enjoy making someone.

The issue is that the typical pattern has been that people create one or two epics and then leave, which means we have a lot of epics and and lot of abandoned epics.  Vanillas are less common (hence the new rules) and we need more of them, so I'd encourage creating a new vanilla, just ot move towards more reasonable numbers.  

That's just me though, others might disagree.

Well, every character has been fairly important, so I was thinking of going in an idea you expressed a while ago. Someone that is completely normal and just experiences the ripples that flow through the city because of the epics. Maybe a bar-tender or a store owner? Any ideas on where I should put him? Or should it be a her? Hmmm...

6 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Well, every character has been fairly important, so I was thinking of going in an idea you expressed a while ago. Someone that is completely normal and just experiences the ripples that flow through the city because of the epics. Maybe a bar-tender or a store owner? Any ideas on where I should put him? Or should it be a her? Hmmm...

I like the bartender idea. Someone who's seen a lot of people. Someone not physically old, but with an old soul.

Holy heck, Quicksilver's been rampaging for the better part of a year now. The City Guard's really gonna have a pay cut after this.

...and by City Guard I mean me.

Does anyone remember any plans in particular where this fight is concerned? If not I'm just gonna write Deathwish going in guns blazing.

@Lord in Rags I'll have to tone in that running without friction is kinds impossible, although he could slide.

His weakness is also a bit odd in that he seems to have two weaknesses, how does that work?

@Ookla the Endless So does the time limit on the shape shifting have a cooldown or could he constantly keep a shape if he stays in contact with the material?
How would his normal shape be effected, if he was for example in a metal body and got heavily dented or molten.
Does his normal enhanced durability compund with whatever he turns into?
Also, when you say he used to be his vanilla servant, do you mean before Chasmfiend came to the city or one of the people he came into contact with since arriving in the city turning?

18 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I think I'll enjoy that. Anyone got any objections?

It'd be interesting for it to be a female, one who doesn't let the Epics boss her around in her bar.

She should also wear an eye patch. But not because she has something wrong with her eye, just 'cause it looks badass.

Edited by bleeder

6 minutes ago, bleeder said:

It'd be interesting for it to be a female, one who doesn't let the Epics boss her around in her bar.

She should also wear an eye patch. But not because she has something wrong with her eye, just 'cause it looks badass.

And because pirates wore them to ensure one eye was always accustomed to darkness so that when they entered the hold, they just had to switch the patch to the opposite eye? It'd be useful in blackouts. 

11 minutes ago, bleeder said:

To be fair, I don't think a vanilla trying to mock up against Epics got all that high chances to stay in buisness for long.

Totally behind the eyepatch though. :ph34r:

41 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

And because pirates wore them to ensure one eye was always accustomed to darkness so that when they entered the hold, they just had to switch the patch to the opposite eye? It'd be useful in blackouts. 

Uh, yeah. That too.

Totally why I said that. Took the words right out of my, uh, mind. 

Yep.

Edited by bleeder

6 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

So does the time limit on the shape shifting have a cooldown or could he constantly keep a shape if he stays in contact with the material?
How would his normal shape be effected, if he was for example in a metal body and got heavily dented or molten.
Does his normal enhanced durability compund with whatever he turns into?
Also, when you say he used to be his vanilla servant, do you mean before Chasmfiend came to the city or one of the people he came into contact with since arriving in the city turning?

Or energy, gases, or liquids, the form is simply too unstable. He can (respectively) only stay in their forms for a couple of seconds, a couple of minutes, or a quarter of an hour. For solid states, as long as he holds contact, he can stay that material.

As energy, liquids or gases, normal physical attacks are useless. They just go through him. However, for liquids, being, say, boiled would cause severe burns, though far less than they should have been. For solids, melting/burning causes minor burning, loss of material becomes a nearby lesser equivalent (usually lacerations), and denting causes severe bruising.

By endurance, I didn't mean his skin was harder. I meant he had a far higher pain threshold, and could continue extreme physical activity for enormous periods of time. He also heals slightly faster, but not epic speed. More like a wound that would take a vanilla a month to heal, his takes 2 weeks.

He was one of Chasmfiend's new servants that are discussed in the upcoming post (you haven't met him yet- technically, from what you know, Chasmfiend hasn't either).

10 hours ago, Kobold King said:

Holy heck, Quicksilver's been rampaging for the better part of a year now. The City Guard's really gonna have a pay cut after this.

...and by City Guard I mean me.

Does anyone remember any plans in particular where this fight is concerned? If not I'm just gonna write Deathwish going in guns blazing.

Taylor is still waiting to find out whether or not she's going to have to explain away the fact that those missiles do her no harm or not.  Once that's dealt with, blaze away @Kobold King!

Here's the quote for easy reference.  

On 5/19/2016 at 9:29 AM, Comatose said:

Had Taylor heard right?   Did Edgerunner really just tell Deathwish to get hit by a missile or something?  Taylor could not tell if she was being serious or sarcastic.  While Taylor was certain she could survive the missiles, and Deathwish obviously could as well, the vanilla she was playing definitely could not.  She wanted to continue working the relationship with Deathwish to see what she could get out of him, any vanilla would surely balk at the idea of being put in such danger?"  

"Ummm, did you say missiles?"  Taylor gulped audibly, and let some panic sneak back into her voice.  "You'll be setting me down before that happens, right?"