On 11/25/2016 at 5:29 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I am beyond greatful for all of you guys, you have seriously improved my hope for humanities survival and future. Before I met you guys, I was starting to think that the world was hopeless. Now though... well, I made a short story that I think explains how you've changed my perspective. ^_^

Hide contents

The stars watched humanity struggle, writhe, and moan at the ripples coming from their own choices. "Didn't they realize what would come?" Thought the stars, "Didn't they pay attention? How can they be sad at their own choice? Don't they know that they will be gone in the blink of an eye? If any one of us was to go out, they would be worried! But, if their own star died, they would just disappear! And yet... for having lives that are so short, they accomplish so much..." Then the stars realized something about humanity, something they hadn't considered before. Humanity, with its destruction and creation, beauty and death, horror and kindness; humanity has survived several of their eye-blinks. "Ten thousand years or more pass each time we blink, yet now we see Obama, now we blink, now we see trump! What has happened? What has caused this change?" They whisper. And then they discovered a beautiful, terrible, frighteningly amazing truth. The change was humanity. They that seemed so insignificant, so worthless, so meaningless compared to the infinite of the universe; they had, by their very nature, changed the way that the stars perceive time. An infinite of watching and the first thing that any of them truly saw... was humanity on its small blue sphere. "How?!?" They cried, their despairing confusion evident, "How could such small creatures be so impossibly vibrant that they change time itself? How can they make it obey them as they do?" And then a whisper came, a whisper from beyond reality. A whisper from a dying god. "They are because they must be. They are capable of impossible things, they can harness and control light and life and even time itself! All because they are capable of belief. And when one believes, and can harness that belief as mankind does... then one can do anything." And the stars stared in horrified wonder at the tiny, self-destructive race that would rule their future. And they hoped and despaired... and they admired.

Thanks to you, THIS is how I now view the world. Thank you all. :)

You have scared me. Now when I look up at the night sky, I will say sorry a hundred times.

Oh god. Goh od.

Twi has changed her username. Thanks Ookla (the dogged, not the pug whisperer although that's not bad. It's just confusing.)

What the abbreviation? What am I thinking? Now there are X Ookla (how to say more than one name, like Sally plural or James plural?)s

Edited by Ookla the Broken

I was wondering how many servants my epic would have.

Argon had somewhere around a dozen (6 was half), but he also lied about his powers and to seem weaker. So, since he acted less important, I assume he got less servants, but I'm not sure.

So how many would he have?

Edit: Forgot to say who my epic was.

For those who want to figure it out, it's wordplay about "the Demon that rises from the Bottomless Void".

For those who just want to know:

I'm Chasmfiend

Edited by Ookla the Endless
Forgot Something.

9 hours ago, Ookla the Broken said:

List of known Ooklas:

Endless - Chasmfiend

Broken - breakingamber

Pug-Whisperer - Twi

Archer - Quiver

Dogged - Cog

Atypical - ?

(Mesa the) Ookla - ?

Curiously Absent - Kobold

Insufferable - Aonar

Paranoid - ThatTinyStrawMan

Cat Lord - Mailliw

Illiterate - Waynespren

You could ask almost anyone who I am and they could probably tell you.:P

And I know who Mesa is, but I'm not sure if he wants me telling.

Also, Cat Lord is not Mailliw.

Don't forget @Ookla the Inimitable@Ookla from State Farm @Ookla the Knight @Ookla the Colorful @Ookla the Chibi @Ookla the Doctorly @Ookla the Sunrise Watcher @Ookla the Miraculous @Ookla the Mystical @Ookla the Mythical @Ookla the Voidish @Ookla the Flighty @Ookla the Fantastical @Ookla the Fangirl @Ookla the Intelligible @Ookla the Incorrigible @Ookla the Indefinite @Ookla the Insipid @Ookla the Jovial @Ookla the Left @Ookla the Mork @Ookla the Slightly Awesome @Ookla the Unpredictable @Ookla the Watcher 

There are a lot of us. 

Edited by Ookla the Atypical

Oh, is it time to reveal all the Ookla names we've figured out now? =D Here are the ones I've figured out. (I made a table in Excel... Yes I'm a nerd.)

Spoiler

Alphabetically by Ookla name:

Mesa the Ookla - Darkness Ascendant

Ookla from State Farm - HonorSpren's brother (don't actually know his username)

Ookla the Archer - Quiver

Ookla the Atypical - bleeder

Ookla the Bard - STINK

Ookla the Cat Lord - Mestiv

Ookla the Chibi - Delightful

Ookla the Colorful - Assassin in Burgundy

Ookla the Curiously Absent - Kobold King

Ookla the Dogged - Cognizantastic

Ookla the Endless - Chasmfiend

Ookla the Fantastical - Slowswift

Ookla the Flighty - me (I don't really think figuring it out should be too hard...)

Ookla the Illiterate - WayneSpren

Ookla the Incarnate - Seonid

Ookla the Incorrigible - Erunion

Ookla the Indefinable - The Young Bard

Ookla the Indefinite - WeiryWriter

Ookla the Indubitable - Magestar

Ookla the Inimitable - little wilson

Ookla the Insipid - Skaa

Ookla the Intelligible - FirstRainbowRose

Ookla the Knight - KnightRadiant

Ookla the Left - LeftVash

Ookla the Miraculous - The Honor Spren

Ookla the Mystical - Mistrunner

Ookla the Mythical - Kaymyth

Ookla the Obsessed - Daniyah

Ookla the Paranoid - Straw

Ookla the Pony - Silverblade5

Ookla the Pug-Whisperer - TwilyghtSansSparkles

Ookla the Slightly Awesome - Pinnacle-Ferring

Ookla the Strange - RippleGylf

Ookla the Sunrise Watcher - Oversleep

Ookla the Unpredictable - Elenion

Ookla the Voidish - Nashan'Elin

Ookla the Watcher - Doctor12

Ooklasaurus - Zathoth

Ookthelion III - Ecthelion III

The Ooklent One - ThirdGen

3 hours ago, Ookla the Flighty said:

Oh, is it time to reveal all the Ookla names we've figured out now? =D Here are the ones I've figured out. (I made a table in Excel... Yes I'm a nerd.)

Hide contents

Alphabetically by Ookla name:

Ookla the Bard - STINK

????????????????????

Ookla the Cat Lord - Mestiv

Where did I go?

Spoiler

image.jpeg

Oh hey, it's the Question thread! I haven't been on one of these in a while . . . I think I'd like to come back into the rp (if my 2 posts count as being in it in the first place). It's approaching the holidays, so I'll have more time. But I think I'd need a different character. Magnolia was meh. I have an epic named Lightweaver (guess what her powers are, I'm so original) could I use her? And maybe a different thread besides Astoria too . . . 

Sorry, I'm rambling. :)

Edited by Ookla the Miraculous

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Mythical said:

It is very strange suddenly being in here.  I feel like I just fell through a trap door in the Shard and into the scary basement.

Now I'm reminded of a joke a while back about Shiny Sparkle and her "therapy basement." :ph34r::P 

Though that description is highly accurate. 

1 hour ago, Ookla the Miraculous said:
  Reveal hidden contents

image.jpeg

Oh hey, it's the Question thread! I haven't been on one of these in a while . . . I think I'd like to come back into the rp (if my 2 posts count as being in it in the first place). It's approaching the holidays, so I'll have more time. But I think I'd need a different character. Magnolia was meh. I have an epic named Lightweaver (guess what her powers are, I'm so original) could I use her? And maybe a different thread besides Astoria too . . . 

Sorry, I'm rambling. :)

So, maybe I should honor the Ookla spirit more but, without wanting to be rude, who are you?

7 minutes ago, Ookla the Mythical said:

It is very strange suddenly being in here.  I feel like I just fell through a trap door in the Shard and into the scary basement.

Indeed, you have strayed into strange territory. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

Now I'm reminded of a joke a while back about Shiny Sparkle and her "therapy basement." :ph34r::P 

Though that description is highly accurate. 

Uhm Twi, just what are you planning to do with Kaymith and should we be worried or jealous? :P

15 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

So, maybe I should honor the Ookla spirit more but, without wanting to be rude, who are you?

Indeed, you have strayed into strange territory. :ph34r:

Uhm Twi, just what are you planning to do with Kaymith and should we be worried or jealous? :P

14 minutes ago, Ookla the Pug-whisperer said:

Not me--though Shiny.... :P

Just remember - if you damage me permanently, I'll never get to finish that fanfic that everybody has totally forgotten about because I'm a slacker.

2 minutes ago, Ookla the Mythical said:

Just remember - if you damage me permanently, I'll never get to finish that fanfic that everybody has totally forgotten about because I'm a slacker.

I actually remember that fanfic. 

Also, I don't think pain or injury would be the problem. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Edgedancer said:

I actually remember that fanfic. 

Also, I don't think pain or injury would be the problem. :mellow:

I'm using NaNo to start the rough draft of the next book (maybe further) so that I can pick my momentum back up enough to finish the final revisions of book one.  There's some timeline stuff that I really need to hash out to make it all work together, and to do that I need to know where I'm going.

1 minute ago, Ookla the Fantastical said:

Well, not everybody. ;) 

Oh, my loyal beta readers.  Where would I be without you?

2 hours ago, Ookla the Mythical said:

I'm using NaNo to start the rough draft of the next book (maybe further) so that I can pick my momentum back up enough to finish the final revisions of book one.  There's some timeline stuff that I really need to hash out to make it all work together, and to do that I need to know where I'm going.

Oh, my loyal beta readers.  Where would I be without you?

Fanfic?

1 minute ago, Ookla the Atypical said:

May I read?

As things are completed, I plan on putting them up on the Cosmere Fanfic board.  Swift as Steel just needs some final revising before it's ready for primetime.  The rest is going to get done as it gets done, but I definitely have to get through it all.  I need to finish shaking out my rookie writer mistakes on this stuff before I can really start working on original fiction.