6 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

That was great! Like, the only WHOOC without an Epic in it.

That's really unique.

Technically, it had an epic sounding name, which might maybe count?

But considering it used all new characters in an all new state, it might be so far out of canon that it circledbackg around to being canon again.

But, thanks! kind of concerned about the writing so...glad it didn't totally offend?

On 17.11.2016 at 9:21 PM, Quiver said:

Technically, it had an epic sounding name, which might maybe count?

But considering it used all new characters in an all new state, it might be so far out of canon that it circledbackg around to being canon again.

But, thanks! kind of concerned about the writing so...glad it didn't totally offend?

There's definetly nothing against that post getting integrated into canon.

11 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Quiver! Look at the upvotes. Look at the love for your characters and writing. Be confident, man! You're a great writer and a great addition to the community. Now take in the evidence and believe it.

Spoiler

30127858.jpg

7 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

Quiver! Look at the upvotes. Look at the love for your characters and writing. Be confident, man! You're a great writer and a great addition to the community. Now take in the evidence and believe it.

7 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

There's definetly nothing against that post getting integrated into canon.

Hide contents

30127858.jpg

Thanks! Sorry! I...

Yeah. I have the most terrible of confidence issues, so sorry about that. :P

I have a lot of issues with regards my writing (I think because, in part, I'm not productive enough/lazy enough that my writing tends to be few and far between, so I simply don't have confidence buffer to work against stuff. Again, sorry about that!

...Also, am I the only one who gets the impression that certain anime move names are perfect for epic names? :mellow:

Edited by Quiver

5 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Do you guys ever get this kind of warm, proud feeling after a new post? When I'm particularly happy with an addition to a plotline, I feel a glow for the next day or so. It's nice.

Am I the only one?

I would feel good as well, when I get to squish things under a metal plate using an Epic catapult. :ph34r:

8 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Then you get to come up with the power portfolio. :ph34r:

First thought: he can create wave after wave of disposable turtle-like minions called Koopas. He has red hair, dislikes Italian plumbers, and is currently searching for princesses to capture.

...more seriously.

It started as anime, so let's lean into that with an old anime tropes of the "Absolute Defence". You know how turtles have hard shells, and birds will crack them by picking them up and dropping them on rocks?

Drawing from that. Turtle Wave has a passive ability whereby the amount of damage he takes from something is inversely proportional to the surface area of the attack. An attack that spreads for a wide area, like a flamethrower? He can shrug it off. A punch? That'll hurt. Bullets? Smaller surface area so more damage (though not necessarily fatal). Pins and needles? Instant K.O.

...did I do power setting right?

Edited by Quiver

7 hours ago, Quiver said:

Thanks! Sorry! I...

Yeah. I have the most terrible of confidence issues, so sorry about that. :P

I have a lot of issues with regards my writing (I think because, in part, I'm not productive enough/lazy enough that my writing tends to be few and far between, so I simply don't have confidence buffer to work against stuff. Again, sorry about that!

...Also, am I the only one who gets the impression that certain anime move names are perfect for epic names? :mellow:

Image result for all you gotta do is believe bob ross

5 hours ago, Quiver said:

First thought: he can create wave after wave of disposable turtle-like minions called Koopas. He has red hair, dislikes Italian plumbers, and is currently searching for princesses to capture.

...more seriously.

It started as anime, so let's lean into that with an old anime tropes of the "Absolute Defence". You know how turtles have hard shells, and birds will crack them by picking them up and dropping them on rocks?

Drawing from that. Turtle Wave has a passive ability whereby the amount of damage he takes from something is inversely proportional to the surface area of the attack. An attack that spreads for a wide area, like a flamethrower? He can shrug it off. A punch? That'll hurt. Bullets? Smaller surface area so more damage (though not necessarily fatal). Pins and needles? Instant K.O.

...did I do power setting right?

he sounds relatively weak in terms of survivability if his shell is bypassed mostly by bullets- the main projectile that will be thrown at him.

How common are flamethrowers, after all?

24 minutes ago, Blackhoof said:

he sounds relatively weak in terms of survivability if his shell is bypassed mostly by bullets- the main projectile that will be thrown at him.

How common are flamethrowers, after all?

But relatively good survivability against most Epics since they usually favor big, flashy attacks.

6 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

So, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, what do you think of a Unicyclist post in the zoo battle? 

Also, were you guys able to easily understand what was going on with Aldo and Cricket's chimeran-squish move? I wasn't sure if I was clear enough in my prose.

yeah, seemed clear enough

Cricket kicked the plate upwards, then jumped faster than it so she flex above it, then kicked it downwards.

8 hours ago, Voidus said:

But relatively good survivability against most Epics since they usually favor big, flashy attacks.

Depends actually, for example a strenght Epic that simply punches him would still do plenty of damage.

So, @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, what do you think of a Unicyclist post in the zoo battle? 

Also, were you guys able to easily understand what was going on with Aldo and Cricket's chimeran-squish move? I wasn't sure if I was clear enough in my prose.

It was clear to me as well.

What kind of post were you thinking? 

16 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Jets of flame roasting mutant animals alive. The squeaking sound of a unicycle's pedals pumping back and forth. A demented internal soliquy from the Unicyclist.

And through it all, the montruous music of bagpipes. :ph34r:

BAGPIPE MUSIC IS NOT MONSTROUS YOU UNCULTURED—

er, I mean….

Yes. I can do that. :ph34r: 

6 minutes ago, Quiver said:

Hey, would you guys mind if I did a few more...

If pitched character concepts via the pit of canon thread? Writing practice, character practice, and gives me a possible reserve of guys for later. :ph34r:

Sure, the out of canon thread is open for all and everything and I at least always like to see your writing. :ph34r:

Edited by Edgedancer

4 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

ALERT, ALERT. LOOK AT THE BOLDED QUOTED MATTER.

Reincarnated Koschei is allying himself with new Epics, and @Edgedancer thought he'd slip it under the radar.

Brace yourself, Oregoners. Forget about the Panda... Shiny Sparkling Koschei the Kitty is incoming, and this pair has cat it with Stephen Vondra.

Yes, the long game plan is actually to have Shiny introduce Lyla to Nighthound, who will then use her fascination with Epics to act as an agent of conquest by subtle use of hounds positioned in the city for assassinations and general mayhem. :ph34r: #NotCanon :P #Maybe Canon :ph34r: 

Edited by Edgedancer

Soo, I've realized that I made a mistake with my Altermind post, and I've been struggling with how to correct it, so maybe you all can help.  

The mistake is that Altermind should have noticed Quota's Upgraded despair wave, but he didn't.  I jump over a decent amount of time in his post, so in order for it to line up with when it hits Funtimes and Co., I think I need to add it back in.  

If you guys feel that the timing is flexible enough, I could do another post where it hits him while he's on his way through Portland, or I could go back and edit the original post.  I'm worried about messing with the flow of a post I was happy with, but if that's necessary then there's not much to be done about it.  

The other option is that Altermind is so out of touch with his emotions that he doesn't notice, but given the strength of Quota's powers, this doesn't seem feasible.  

I'd also like to get Taylor's plot in the Dalles moving soon.  Right now she is with Deathwish.  I know Kobold is busy, so is there any way to move things along there without him?  @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, you took over Edgerunner, right?  Would a post from her point of view work to move things along?

Sorry I've been quiet - things have been hectic this month and we've not had internet.  I've been keeping up with the Question Thread on my phone and hope to be more active soon!

2 hours ago, Comatose said:

Soo, I've realized that I made a mistake with my Altermind post, and I've been struggling with how to correct it, so maybe you all can help.  

The mistake is that Altermind should have noticed Quota's Upgraded despair wave, but he didn't.  I jump over a decent amount of time in his post, so in order for it to line up with when it hits Funtimes and Co., I think I need to add it back in.  

If you guys feel that the timing is flexible enough, I could do another post where it hits him while he's on his way through Portland, or I could go back and edit the original post.  I'm worried about messing with the flow of a post I was happy with, but if that's necessary then there's not much to be done about it.  

The other option is that Altermind is so out of touch with his emotions that he doesn't notice, but given the strength of Quota's powers, this doesn't seem feasible.  

I'd also like to get Taylor's plot in the Dalles moving soon.  Right now she is with Deathwish.  I know Kobold is busy, so is there any way to move things along there without him?  @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, you took over Edgerunner, right?  Would a post from her point of view work to move things along?

Sorry I've been quiet - things have been hectic this month and we've not had internet.  I've been keeping up with the Question Thread on my phone and hope to be more active soon!

I think it'd be fine if you just did a follow-up post detailing Quota's effects on Altermind. I left the timing a bit iffy so players could adapt it to their needs, within reason. 

I think an Edgerunner post would work. Let me go back over those posts and see how she could fit into that scene. 

I am beyond greatful for all of you guys, you have seriously improved my hope for humanities survival and future. Before I met you guys, I was starting to think that the world was hopeless. Now though... well, I made a short story that I think explains how you've changed my perspective. ^_^

Spoiler

The stars watched humanity struggle, writhe, and moan at the ripples coming from their own choices. "Didn't they realize what would come?" Thought the stars, "Didn't they pay attention? How can they be sad at their own choice? Don't they know that they will be gone in the blink of an eye? If any one of us was to go out, they would be worried! But, if their own star died, they would just disappear! And yet... for having lives that are so short, they accomplish so much..." Then the stars realized something about humanity, something they hadn't considered before. Humanity, with its destruction and creation, beauty and death, horror and kindness; humanity has survived several of their eye-blinks. "Ten thousand years or more pass each time we blink, yet now we see Obama, now we blink, now we see trump! What has happened? What has caused this change?" They whisper. And then they discovered a beautiful, terrible, frighteningly amazing truth. The change was humanity. They that seemed so insignificant, so worthless, so meaningless compared to the infinite of the universe; they had, by their very nature, changed the way that the stars perceive time. An infinite of watching and the first thing that any of them truly saw... was humanity on its small blue sphere. "How?!?" They cried, their despairing confusion evident, "How could such small creatures be so impossibly vibrant that they change time itself? How can they make it obey them as they do?" And then a whisper came, a whisper from beyond reality. A whisper from a dying god. "They are because they must be. They are capable of impossible things, they can harness and control light and life and even time itself! All because they are capable of belief. And when one believes, and can harness that belief as mankind does... then one can do anything." And the stars stared in horrified wonder at the tiny, self-destructive race that would rule their future. And they hoped and despaired... and they admired.

Thanks to you, THIS is how I now view the world. Thank you all. :)

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Grammar