So...according to the latest issue if Green Lanterns, two people in glowing green costumes and a short, blue steampunk alien will blend right into Portland.

...yeah, sounds legit. Reckoner Portland wouldn't so much as bat an eye.

@winter devotion do you want to use this chance to insert Red into the scene or wait with that until a better opportunity?

10 hours ago, breakingamber said:

Just read that last Twy piece - spectacular.

Who aren't we killing? I know the leprachaun king, Corpsey, and according to my sister, "the smartest derp in smartland" will have to go, and then Nighthound died, but who will survive? The ATTLHEA list? Various other parties? Who?

Who says anyone has to survive. :ph34r:

4 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

No one?

edit: Talking to a friend about my latest post...

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_6900.PNG

"LIGHTWARDS SERIOUSLY NEEDS TO STAY DEAD" :P

Personally, I'd say option number one is the one that moves things forward the most.

But if Lightwards stays dead, we only get to kill him once. :( 

I like 1 and 2, but maybe I'm biased. :ph34r:

I remember that when Mailliw and I were discussing this the possibility of Chimera actually dying here was a very real one, but since Chimera's been adopted now I see no problem with keeping him around.

Also, spoiler alert: Lightwards isn't staying dead anytime soon.

Just now, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I too am partial to 1 and 4. 

Though I should point out that if Lightwards stays dead now, there will be no chance of twentydeaths!Lightwards, and if there's no twentydeaths!Lightwards, then there will be no Lightwards/Hat ship. :ph34r: 

Sometimes a little evil has to be tolerated for a greater good to be fulfilled. :P

8 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I too am partial to 1 and 4. 

Though I should point out that if Lightwards stays dead now, there will be no chance of twentydeaths!Lightwards, and if there's no twentydeaths!Lightwards, then there will be no Lightwards/Hat ship. :ph34r: 

How many deaths are we at again? Because if there wasn't enough terror in the RP, his cheshire murder smile from the last post would have landed right there in nightmare fuel. :unsure:

7 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

How many deaths are we at again? Because if there wasn't enough terror in the RP, his cheshire murder smile from the last post would have landed right there in nightmare fuel. :unsure:

Jake Subly.

Mobius.

Quickslide.

Chimera.

Just four so far! Let that sink in a moment. Just four. And the war's really just begun. :unsure:

1 minute ago, Cognizantastic said:

I feel bad that I was proud of my writing eliciting an emotional reaction like that. :P 

Secondarily, I have a question! Can Chimera combine Warriors and other animals, then put them under his control? It'd be a limited tool, of course, but I really want a scene where Chi dramatically merges Argo with a pterodactyl and makes a FLYING SNAKE BEAR or something like that. :ph34r: 

I'm thinking it would be super badass to have Vincenzo rampaging towards him, then Chi slams his palms together after visualizing an animal, combining Vincenzo with some chimeran, then sending it back at Lightwards

Don't feel bad. Here's your total monster writer card. :P

It's minion ping pong with increasingly growing monstrosities :mellow: ...I approve! B) 

19 hours ago, Bladestorm said:

Hey everyone! Bladestorm here, back after my(particularly long) hiatus! I dropped by the shard the other day and figured I should get back into it, so here I am!:D Anything in particular I need to know?

Nothing major in paticulary happened that would affect your characters. (To my knowledge at least)

Also, everyone I just had a funny mental image. You know how we joke around about Calamity just watching soaps? Certain reveals just made me imagine Calamity as watching soaps in which all characters are complete chulls, assuming that they are 100% true documentations about human life. :P

I like the idea of Chimera dying, if only to remove a character from a cluttered setting. But if it works better for the story for him to live (and he is certainly an interesting character in the capable hands of cogni) I think 1 and 4 work best. I guess if he is staying alive, might as well either have him an active threat (as 4) or a semi-active slave to the Empire who might escape (1). If 2, you might as well kill him.

3 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

I like the idea of Chimera dying, if only to remove a character from a cluttered setting. But if it works better for the story for him to live (and he is certainly an interesting character in the capable hands of cogni) I think 1 and 4 work best. I guess if he is staying alive, might as well either have him an active threat (as 4) or a semi-active slave to the Empire who might escape (1). If 2, you might as well kill him.

II personally really llike Chimera, and woulldn't llike it if he died, but that's just me :)

Vote: Four.

16 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Yes. Go ahead and post the character's bio here, and other players will give constructive criticism and feedback. 

Well, if I go for Epic in Astoria, 

Name: Allen Tomlinson

Moniker: Stormfront

Physical Traits: Pale skin, wild dark hair, slender

Attire: Grey suit, with a long dark grey duster

Main Power: Control of weather in surrounding area (including wind manipulation to fly, and lightning because lightning is cool)

Secondary Power: When under extreme emotional stress, Epic powers and physical ability can multiply exponentially, sometimes with unintended side effects

Weakness: Humiliation

If vanilla in Portland, 

Name: Jude Hale

Backstory: Lived in Raleigh from childhood until just after Annexation at age 15, when Epics Locust and Mr Tamborine Man began their assaults on the city. He made his way out, through what was once called Nashville, past what was then still Kansas City, all the way through to Portland, just passing through. Probably not leaving, from what I can tell.

Interests: Long walks on the beach, flowers, finding the Epics that ravaged the Great City of Oaks and killed his boyfriend, and bringing justice to all those who have been wronged.

Skills: Music, stealth, charm, charisma, not too shabby with a handgun, good on a bike, would make a decent infiltration man. Can make a mean egg and tomato sandwich.

I think I'll actually start out as Jude in Portland. Is that okay?

Any and all character development tips will be much appreciated.

Edited by bleeder

@bleeder For Jude, with Annexation, do you mean when Steelheart took over Chicago? In that case he'd be 23 by now. Just to point that out.

For Allen, for one, about how large is his area of effect and does the secondary also influence other Epics around him?

For both, do you already have an idea how to integrate them into the respective locations?

6 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

@bleeder For Jude, with Annexation, do you mean when Steelheart took over Chicago? In that case he'd be 23 by now. Just to point that out.

For Allen, for one, about how large is his area of effect and does the secondary also influence other Epics around him?

For both, do you already have an idea how to integrate them into the respective locations?

For Jude, I mean when Calamity came. 

For Allen, about thirty yards, and no, it only affects him.

And for both, yes for Jude and no for Allen.

Edited by bleeder

15 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

@bleeder, where is Stormfront from, and where has he been? I ask because I have a backstory Epic named Khione, a weather manipulating High Epic who currently rules Alaska, and I wondered if there had ever been a confrontation with her. :ph34r:

I haven't fully planned that out; I was thinking Seattle. He could feasibly have run into her :ph34r:

Also, I am making a map of Jude's journey from Raleigh to Portland, and will submit it when done.

Edited by bleeder