11 hours ago, breakingamber said:

Maybe some carefully placed assassinations?

Soulcaster's death? (definitely not.)

Steampunk's invading army from Greece?

It's getting really hard to get into a mindset for Marco. Anyone want him? If not, then I'll write a post portraying his death or something.

Random thought: We seem to have some extremely insane/different Epic in each city. Portland has Funtimes, Astoria has the Financier, the Dalles got Shiny Sparkle and the panda guy for a limited time only! Insane Epics for 12.99!

Does Antithesis really count for the Dalles?

There will be some progress towards Salems destruction starting soon. :ph34r:
While Soulcaster may be very, very good at taking out other Epics he's also a bit of a glass cannon. If he were to get assasinated it would have pretty serious and immediate consequences. It's a city filled with squabbling, powerful Epics who are all well practiced at fighting other Epics, when destruction does hit it'd likely blow up faster than any of the other cities.

10 hours ago, winter devotion said:

Who's Corvallis's resident oddball? 
BTW, the new Chase post is up. In which she may or may not be getting slightly darker... wait and see...

GOOD? 

And welcome back to the club of disturbing characters. I'd offer some backed goods to show my apriciation but they are not safe.

4 hours ago, WarriorMark16 said:

ok so ive been waiting quite a while for the right time to feasibly reinsert my astorian characters... could i do that now? with ragnarok anyway?

Sure go ahead.

53 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

GOOD? 

And welcome back to the club of disturbing characters. I'd offer some backed goods to show my apriciation but they are not safe.

Don't worry. I've eaten plenty of "baked goods" in my time in this forum. I love this place. 

I've heard kobald's been missing lately? Do you know if he's coming back? 

I'm going to try to do some more Australia once I catch up. 

19 minutes ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

@Voidus how do the salem fights work? Do you pick who fights whom, or do we contact one another and decide?

Up to you who you want to fight, if it's a player character ask them first obviously, if it's an NPC that you're creating just check with me if it's something particularly weird or strong, or I have a stupendously large file of Epics that I can provide a few of upon request.

I want to make a new Epic for one of threads to tide me over until I figure out where all my previously established should be. Here she is, but which thread do you think she'd work in?

Epic Name: Shadow 

True Name: Cami Felis

Primary Power: She has a sort of telekinesis, in which she can only grab living things and throw them at one speed in any direction. She does not need to be touching them and this attack is powerful. She glows with a faint blue whenever she uses his attack-- a mysterious side affect. She can't use it on herself.

Looks: she's on the short and muscular side. She has long wavy black hair that she has in a braid all the way down her back. She's half white and half Hispanic. 

13 minutes ago, Voidus said:

Up to you who you want to fight, if it's a player character ask them first obviously, if it's an NPC that you're creating just check with me if it's something particularly weird or strong, or I have a stupendously large file of Epics that I can provide a few of upon request.

Yessiree!

On 2016-10-26 at 8:47 PM, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I just realized. The RP's have no end goal. They won't ever end! It will just keep progressing further and further along the plot-line, changing as it wants/needs. Does anyone have any clue what ANY of the RP's goals are? I don't think Salem has one. Portland, I believe, will finish once one of the factions win, or something. And then there's Corvallis. It's the only Oregon RP I haven't completely read through, so... any thoughts on this astonishing revelation?

P.S. Welcome back @RippleGylf, good to see you again. 

I think part of writing a free form rpg is that you leave the future somewhat open so that the characters have room to interact and surprise people.  It's a collaborative story, so leaving room for collaboration and input from players Ian important.

That at being said, I know I definitely have some end game plots for Corvallis's destruction that may not be all the way foreshadowed at this point and I'm sure other GMs do as well.  

1 hour ago, winter devotion said:

I want to make a new Epic for one of threads to tide me over until I figure out where all my previously established should be. Here she is, but which thread do you think she'd work in?

Primary Power: She has a sort of telekinesis, in which she can only grab living things and throw them at one speed in any direction. She does not need to be touching them and this attack is powerful. She glows with a faint blue whenever she uses his attack-- a mysterious side affect. She can't use it on herself.

Looks: she's on the short and muscular side. She has long wavy black hair that she has in a braid all the way down her back. She's half white and half Hispanic. 

How fast is this one speed? Does it work on Epics? Why Shadow? No PIs?

53 minutes ago, breakingamber said:

How fast is this one speed? Does it work on Epics? Why Shadow? No PIs?

1. I'm not sure... however fast it would take to not kill them but definately knock the wind out of them, maybe break a few bones. 

2. It works on Epics.

3. She wasn't feeling very creative when she named herself. 

4. No, but she's pretty durable and falls hurt her less. 

4 hours ago, winter devotion said:

1. I'm not sure... however fast it would take to not kill them but definately knock the wind out of them, maybe break a few bones. 

2. It works on Epics.

3. She wasn't feeling very creative when she named herself. 

4. No, but she's pretty durable and falls hurt her less. 

1. Presumably for vanillas and not Corpsemaker right?

2. N/P

3. Um...

4. N/P

I'm not the shipmistress, mod, or god mod, but I see no problem with this.

6 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I also see no problem there. Although, her name makes me think she's throwing people around with giant shadow hands. :P 

A question for curiosity's sake, how violent is the acceleration, like could it snap a neck under the right circumstances, and could she affect some someone incorporeal?

Well, in a bit of self-advertisement, I have been trying to push Astoria into less of an overpowered ghetto, so I'd be happy to have you. I can understand if you want to avoid it for just that reason though.

23 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Just so you all know, I'm no longer doing the Backtrack Halloween thing. I now realize that it was, for lack of better words, weird. It's also a violation of @Kobold King's intellectual property, which I apologize for. 

I'm strange and rather awkward, but let no one say that I don't fix the flops when I see them. ;)

I have intellectual property?:o

I don't really see myself that way. :P

3 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

Just so you all know, I'm no longer doing the Backtrack Halloween thing. I now realize that it was, for lack of better words, weird. It's also a violation of @Kobold King's intellectual property, which I apologize for. 

I'm strange and rather awkward, but let no one say that I don't fix the flops when I see them. ;)

I thought it was cool, if I were in a country that actually did Halloween I would definitely rock a purple cloak and bowler hat. :ph34r:

14 hours ago, winter devotion said:

I like trains.:mellow:

#ASDF

Edited by DreamLord_Erith

16 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

I also see no problem there. Although, her name makes me think she's throwing people around with giant shadow hands. :P 

A question for curiosity's sake, how violent is the acceleration, like could it snap a neck under the right circumstances, and could she affect some someone incorporeal?

Well, in a bit of self-advertisement, I have been trying to push Astoria into less of an overpowered ghetto, so I'd be happy to have you. I can understand if you want to avoid it for just that reason though.

:P

depends on the circumstances-- hypothetically, if everything was just right. If it was someone incorporeal, no, she's affecting the physical body. 

Astoria could work!

On 10/28/2016 at 6:06 AM, winter devotion said:

well we have a red glowing telekinetic epic. a blue one would be fun.:P 

and theyre the same age...:ph34r:

im not trying to pull copyright into it, im just saying.:)

oh and a new post is up.

Edited by WarriorMark16