2 hours ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

Yes.

He can increase the amount of heat in ay given point,so long as it is within sight. A focal point, such as between his hands heats faster than emitting a super heatwave.

So how much heat can he impart? Could he just flash boil a person?

To build on what breakingamber said, just editing the inital post is plenty.

On the mechanics side of things: You can't exactly get plasma just by heating things up, it's not quite as simple a phase transition as the other states of matter. It would also come with it's own slew of problems, namely that steam heated to that extent would disperse so rapidly it would basically just be an explosion.

As a chemical engineer who spent 3 months researching with plasma , I can confirm Voidus's assessment of plasma; you'd need extreme temps and high pressure, and without the pressure you'd either lose the gas entirely to the atmosphere or it would explode like Voidus says. Plasma machines are rather complex, and the temperatures of the plasma stream are very hot. Your character would need very strong, if not complete,  control over water molecules to reach the plasma state, as well as temperature immunity. That level of molecule control would be OP considering the molecule you want to control is water, ie that things that makes up most of the human body. 

I'd recommend keeping your molecule control down to power steam tech (I assume that's the point) which passively allows you to water bend and have control over ice, two powerful abilities in their own right. 

I did not know about the ice,can you explain please,and the plasma is not really made by superheating steam,he just makes it and his heat resistance is like ' shoot me into the sun pfft I'll only die through lack of oxygen.' he can melt people with his steam or at least scald them. He can make people into ash if he charges the heat blast long enough,about five to ten seconds should do it. He has a cool down on his plasma blast, about thirty seconds to a minute, if that is a good enough limiter. The tech side of things goes clockwork and steam, but still effective. Kind of like a rail gun. the gears spin very fast, propelling objects at very fast speeds. These are with his sidearms and they are very quiet upon firing and use no gunpowder.the gun is powered by his steam allowing for limitless propulsion.

Edited by DreamLord_Erith

So I'm I'd like to RP some more with Altermind.  Are there an Portlandians wandering around his route that he could run into?  

EDIT:  Princess post up!  @Mestiv, if you want, I was thinking the cat who shows up could be Summer's friend, but it's fine if you'd rather it be a different kitty.  

8 hours ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

I did not know about the ice,can you explain please,and the plasma is not really made by superheating steam,he just makes it and his heat resistance is like ' shoot me into the sun pfft I'll only die through lack of oxygen.' he can melt people with his steam or at least scald them. He can make people into ash if he charges the heat blast long enough,about five to ten seconds should do it. He has a cool down on his plasma blast, about thirty seconds to a minute, if that is a good enough limiter. The tech side of things goes clockwork and steam, but still effective. Kind of like a rail gun. the gears spin very fast, propelling objects at very fast speeds. These are with his sidearms and they are very quiet upon firing and use no gunpowder.the gun is powered by his steam allowing for limitless propulsion.

At this point it might work best to clear up some confusion, if you write a segment of the character actually displaying his powers.

4 hours ago, Comatose said:

So I'm I'd like to RP some more with Altermind.  Are there an Portlandians wandering around his route that he could run into?  

EDIT:  Princess post up!  @Mestiv, if you want, I was thinking the cat who shows up could be Summer's friend, but it's fine if you'd rather it be a different kitty.  

He could make a trip to have a look at Voidgaze's house, because of the whole FOB plan.

Oh yes, Kenshin will indeed be thrilled. :ph34r:

2 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

FOB? 

Reveal hidden contents

The only thing I can think of is Fall Out Boy, and I don't know how songs from a 2000s punk band would help Altermind's master plan. :mellow: 

Forward operating base, aka a base of operations outside of one's main territory.

Just now, Edgedancer said:

Forward operating base, aka a base of operations outside of one's main territory.

Oh, okay. That makes more sense….though it is a lot less musical. 

Spoiler

I think Altermind would be more of an MCR fan, anyway. I may or may not be picturing him running through the streets of Portland singing "I'm Not Okay (I Promise). :ph34r: 

i hope he is acceptable.

Spoiler

Steampunk watched as the epic called pyranis( pie-ran-hiss) walked down the street, tossing fireballs, vandalizing his clocks, a vein pulsed in his temple as he watched the idiot epic destroy a rosebush. "This will not stand."he said. The lord/God/emporer/King/whatever other titles there are, began to prepare. "Nutro!" Called steampunk, "prepare the hilt!" His armor was being built and his takeout wasn't finished, this idiot, torching Aphrodite's bushes, would come to a quick end at his hands or a long one at her's. He decided that the quick end was more epeec(his own word for humane). He sat down on clockwork square, an interesting item of his design, that was basically a huge clock, that was square. He was finishing his takeout, when a blast of white fire engulfed him, turning his food to ash in the blink of an eye and basically liquifying the glass face of the clock. He was now, annoyed. Steampunk shot a blast of steam at the epic that instantly negated his fire, charging a heatwave, steampunk felt the air cool around him, he would see if this epic would be fried by heat other than his own. He released enough heat to grill the epic, this was ineffectual, and had a laughable affect. In fact the fire epic actually did laugh, a step to close to insult. A blast of plasma took off his leg, he looked down on surprise. "Ow."  Said the epic weakly and blacked out. Steampunk was waiting for his blast to charge. His sword hilt was made from nutro material and a magnetic field kept the now released plasma blast in a sword form. (like a halo sword). A steam enhanced jump propelled him through the air. At the apex of his jump, he readied his sword for the killing blow, and begun his decent he swung the sword, the other epic's head rolled on the ground, any watching vanillas shruged and continued on their day. A kill by lord Steampunk was nothing new.

I am not afraid of critique give it to me straight.

45 minutes ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

i hope he is acceptable.

Hide contents

Steampunk watched as the epic called pyranis(pie-ran-hiss) walked down the street, tossing fireballs, vandalizing his clocks, a vein pulsed in his temple as he watched the idiot epic destroy a rosebush. "This will not stand."he said. The lord/God/emporer/King/whatever other titles there are, began to prepare. "Nutro!" Called steampunk, "prepare the hilt!" His armor was being built and his takeout wasn't finished, this idiot, torching Aphrodite's bushes, would come to a quick end at his hands or a long one at her's. He decided that the quick end was more epeec(his own word for humane). He sat down on clockwork square, an interesting item of his design, that was basically a huge clock, that was square. He was finishing his takeout, when a blast of white fire engulfed him, turning his food to ash in the blink of an eye and basically liquifying the glass face of the clock. He was now, annoyed. Steampunk shot a blast of steam at the epic that instantly negated his fire, charging a heatwave, steampunk felt the air cool around him, he would see if this epic would be fried by heat other than his own. He released enough heat to grill the epic, this was ineffectual, and had a laughable affect. In fact the fire epic actually did laugh, a step to close to insult. A blast of plasma took off his leg, he looked down on surprise. "Ow."  Said the epic weakly and blacked out. Steampunk was waiting for his blast to charge. His sword hilt was made from nutro material and a magnetic field kept the now released plasma blast in a sword form. (like a halo sword). A steam enhanced jump propelled him through the air. At the apex of his jump, he readied his sword for the killing blow, and begun his decent he swung the sword, the other epic's head rolled on the ground, any watching vanillas shruged and continued on their day. A kill by lord Steampunk was nothing new.

I am not afraid of critique give it to me straight.

The gwammers and speelings could be improved. A more liberal use of periods would be nice, but otherwise, it's good except for this...

I'm guessing Pie-ran hiss is a fire Epic not a heat Epic right? Should I just pretend the Epics he mentioned don't exist? Is epeec an actual word? What is Steampunk's obsession with clocks, rosebushes, and takeout about? What did he get for takeout? What would he do if the store was all out of Cocoa Puffs and he had a CRAVING for them? What is Nutro?

I don't think the vanillas would just "shrug and continue on their day" if an idiot Epic just threw a million fireballs at them and their lord/master/emperor/king/WHATEVER killed him. It would be more reasonable for them to, say, run into their houses, or hide under a rosebush. 

Am I being too harsh? 

On 10/23/2016 at 9:15 PM, breakingamber said:

The gwammers and speelings could be improved. A more liberal use of periods would be nice, but otherwise, it's good except for this...

I'm guessing Pie-ran hiss is a fire Epic not a heat Epic right? Should I just pretend the Epics he mentioned don't exist? Is epeec an actual word? What is Steampunk's obsession with clocks, rosebushes, and takeout about? What did he get for takeout? What would he do if the store was all out of Cocoa Puffs and he had a CRAVING for them? What is Nutro?

I don't think the vanillas would just "shrug and continue on their day" if an idiot Epic just threw a million fireballs at them and their lord/master/emperor/king/WHATEVER killed him. It would be more reasonable for them to, say, run into their houses, or hide under a rosebush. 

Am I being too harsh? 

No, thanks for the criticism. I will explain, takeout comes from China. He has to order takeout from China and it takes a while, he loves takeout. The rosebushes are aphrodite's bushes, she loves her rosebushes, and she is steampunk's girlfriend. The citisenz are all equiped to handle the situation, by that I mean that they hide in their homes and watch from behind their near-impervious glass windows. The repair bots designed by steampunk, repair any damage done. but steampunk does not like to have hus stuff messed with. 

P.S the rosebushes were getting torched, you'd only hide under a rosebush if you were on the walking dead.#peoplesostupidtheycan'thearawalker1footaway

Floating city was a bit farfeched.

A few random thoughts:

I'm feeling worried for GOOD. Wonder what will happen when Kenshin will get back.

The Dreamstates: Can't Soulcaster give himself omnipotence in a Dreamstate and thus learn the weaknesses of every Epic in them? If a lot of Epics are paranoid like David said, wouldn't this be really risky?

What should I post in Salem? I'm really unsure. 

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles? Would you update the Adoptable Epics thread?

@Voidus, I wonder what would happen if an Epic with superspeed tried to fight an Epic she couldn't hit. I am of course, referring to Meliability and Abaddon. It'd be interesting. I think.

@DreamLord_Erith, Steampunk sounds like an awesome Epic to play. I can't wait to see him in the RP.

@ShadowLord_Lith, maybe not the floating city, but the fighting thing I can live with. 

Edited by breakingamber

4 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I've gotten pm'd from dream, and apparently that floating city is in Greece over the Mediterranean. Same with his other epics. Does that work? Apparently he flew to Salem to get fighting practice.

Final say goes to @Voidus but Greece is kind of ridiculously far away for a world that's in pretty much in shambles.

5 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

Well, it goes without saying that, if you can build a metropolis that floats over the Mediterranean Sea and can move like a ship at any time, you can build something to get to America. Right?;)

Sure, but why would he want to? The internet has collapsed, along with most other forms of long-distance communication, and Salem, Oregon isn't the most world renowned city even now. How did he hear about Salem, and what made it more attractive to him than anything Europe or Africa had to offer?

12 hours ago, breakingamber said:

A few random thoughts:

I'm feeling worried for GOOD. Wonder what will happen when Kenshin will get back.

The Dreamstates: Can't Soulcaster give himself omnipotence in a Dreamstate and thus learn the weaknesses of every Epic in them? If a lot of Epics are paranoid like David said, wouldn't this be really risky?

What should I post in Salem? I'm really unsure. 

@TwiLyghtSansSparkles? Would you update the Adoptable Epics thread?

@Voidus, I wonder what would happen if an Epic with superspeed tried to fight an Epic she couldn't hit. I am of course, referring to Meliability and Abaddon. It'd be interesting. I think.

@DreamLord_Erith, Steampunk sounds like an awesome Epic to play. I can't wait to see him in the RP.

@ShadowLord_Lith, maybe not the floating city, but the fighting thing I can live with. 

Soulcaster can't read minds in the Dreamstate, pretty much his only limitation there is the minds of the people he brings with him. Their minds are brought to the astral plane but they're not a part of it. So no seeing memories, no seeing the future of people, no mind control. He can manipulate the bodies the minds are attached to there but not the minds themselves.
Otherwise he'd have just brainwashed everyone who entered there and he'd be the most powerful Epic in the world :P

As for Meliability vs. Abaddon: that'd probably end in a stalemate, Meliability has pain resistance and extremely high speed movement but an intangible opponent is not going to be able to be beaten by her either. Soulcaster is not likely to match those two against each other though, he rarely makes matches that are impossible to win.