I have a question..

ok I lied. i have questions. three to be exact.

how long would two covert and expert assassins last in the streets of portland without any powers? 

how long would the slippery leader of a cult of scientists last in the same streets(assuming that their goal is to capture a certain nefarious epic who has multiple entries into the ATTD list and study certain powers of regeneration)?

what would happen if someone drained nighthound of blood and put it into their system? would it gift them the powers? would it kill them? mutate them? nothing?

im trying to come up with another character so I can be more active here.

1 minute ago, WarriorMark16 said:

how long would two covert and expert assassins last in the streets of portland without any powers? 

If they're good at fighting, their chances of survival are good. Their chances of passing the "Would they create another subplot so distracting in a city full of distracting subplots that Twi would class them as Epics in all but name and bar them from the thread" test are much less optimistic. :ph34r: 

1 minute ago, WarriorMark16 said:

how long would the slippery leader of a cult of scientists last in the same streets(assuming that their goal is to capture a certain nefarious epic who has multiple entries into the ATTD list and study certain powers of regeneration)?

If we're both thinking of an Epic whose name rhymes with Blightsound, then knowing said Epic, they probably wouldn't last long. Their chances of passing the Test with a Long and Suspiciously Specific Name are similarly bleak. 

5 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

If they're good at fighting, their chances of survival are good. Their chances of passing the "Would they create another subplot so distracting in a city full of distracting subplots that Twi would class them as Epics in all but name and bar them from the thread" test are much less optimistic. :ph34r: 

If we're both thinking of an Epic whose name rhymes with Blightsound, then knowing said Epic, they probably wouldn't last long. Their chances of passing the Test with a Long and Suspiciously Specific Name are similarly bleak. 

the scientist, If I were to go that route would likely die a horrible death rather quickly. I thought the same. but dang the character was a creepy dude. badchull, masochistic, and downright CREEPY. 

The assassins would be good at fighting, as for the distracting sub plot, I only aim for greatness. I might miss, but still... but they wouldnt be powerful. more like  Robin Hood sort of characters. helping the needy, but not doing anything too drastic for fear of retaliation. 

I dont know. Astoria is a slow thread. I was thinking of joining another. Any suggestions?

on second thought... I may just adopt. but your suggestions are, as always, appreciated.:)

13 minutes ago, WarriorMark16 said:

the scientist, If I were to go that route would likely die a horrible death rather quickly. I thought the same. but dang the character was a creepy dude. badchull, masochistic, and downright CREEPY. 

The assassins would be good at fighting, as for the distracting sub plot, I only aim for greatness. I might miss, but still... but they wouldnt be powerful. more like  Robin Hood sort of characters. helping the needy, but not doing anything too drastic for fear of retaliation. 

I dont know. Astoria is a slow thread. I was thinking of joining another. Any suggestions?

on second thought... I may just adopt. but your suggestions are, as always, appreciated.:)

The thing with Portland, though, is that it's already stuffed to the gills with "aim for greatness" characters, all of them Epics. There's a faction war, and each faction has so many larger-than-life characters in it that adding another group of larger-than-life characters wouldn't be in the best interests of the plot. Robin Hood-type characters actually sound intriguing, but only if they do what they do within the bounds of what an ordinary human in Portland could do. Think of Sam's mom, running her bakery while still being heavily restricted by availability of ingredients and violence in the streets. That's what a group of Robin Hood vanillas should look like. No fancy tech, no mysterious wealthy benefactors from out of state, nothing that would fall outside the bounds of what would be realistically available to non-powered characters in the Wild West of a supervillain dystopia. The whole point of restricting new Portland players to vanillas was to get more perfectly ordinary vanillas in Portland—ordinary characters who can show a grounds-eye view of the disaster brewing there. Not vanillas who are action heroes and super-spies. That's an attempt to bend the rule as far as possible without technically breaking it, in my opinion—not cool at all, in other words, and beginning to test my patience. 

Edit: And these aren't "suggestions." They are rules. Please treat them as such. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

12 hours ago, WarriorMark16 said:

what would happen if someone drained nighthound of blood and put it into their system? would it gift them the powers? would it kill them? mutate them? nothing?

I don't think that such a transfusion would act significantly different from a normal one.

12 hours ago, WarriorMark16 said:

Well, you're more than welcome to help ramp up activity in the thread. :ph34r:

Adoption is a pretty practical option, if the assassin bit doesn't work out. There are sadly more then enough options. Bur first good luck with the assassin route.

11 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

May I ask who is active on the Salem thread? By that I mean, who is on it? Is there a list anywhere? 

Me vaguely. Mckeedee, although I haven't seen him on. 18th, Voidus (he's the GM) you, and various others I can't remember right now.

Although I agree with Cog, I must admit I love the epic battles between Epics more than the slaughter of vanillas.

6 hours ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

I completely agree, though I can't get in a fight until the fights have started up again. Any idea who's up next for a post? If not, i would be willing to post again. It'd just be... repetitive.

Sorry!
Work has been a bit hectic, apparently telling an IT department that you're a good programmer is a bad idea since everyone wants you to write a script for everything and yet still do all my normal work in the same time. <_<

Posts coming soon for Salem and... something else that I'm probably forgetting.

Posted in Dalles, finally. Sorry forth delay.

I find Lyla hard to write. Or rather, hard to write around. Her dialogue is easy enough -she's a motor mouth with barely any kind of a mental filter, so it's pretty stream of conciousness- but I find it hard to write her actions around that. It feels like I'm breaking the flow of the dialogue when stop to say "she did X".

Also I have an Epic called Steampunk here are his stats: height 6'9"cloths Steampunk trenchcoat and welding goggles with combat boots and leather jeans.

Powers:can create steam and heat that steam to shoot plasma like a Kamehameha blast. Has a healing factor close to wolverine's. Can create tech as long as he has a base, like 'hunk of iron now its a gun!' that sort of thing.umune to heat fire lightning.so yeah heat. And heat manipulation like 'dough to bread' kind of thing. This is mostly his power-set.

3 minutes ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

Also I have an Epic called Steampunk here are his stats: height 6'9"cloths Steampunk trenchcoat and welding goggles with combat boots and leather jeans.

Powers:can create steam and heat that steam to shoot plasma like a Kamehameha blast. Has a healing factor close to wolverine's. Can create tech as long as he has a base, like 'hunk of iron now its a gun!' that sort of thing.umune to heat fire lightning.so yeah heat. And heat manipulation like 'dough to bread' kind of thing. This is mostly his power-set.

Under the caveat that I know nothing about how to build chaarcters:

I love the aesthetic and the premise. Steampunk is a genre which is defined by it's cool, clockwork style, so I can absolutely see an epic deciding to define themselves in that kind of identity.

...But I'm not sure about the power set. The steam part, that makes sense (though I'm not sure if superheating it to plasma works, or is necessary. If you can create scalding hot steam, that's kind of dangerous on it's own). Presumably he'd have some sort of ehat resistance to it, to avoid... well, burning him with his own steam.

... But the healing factor, I'm less cool with. Partly because there is such flexibility with Wolverine that I have no idea how extreme you plan on making it; Old Man Logan barely shrugs off bullets, 616!Logan has regenerated from a single drop of blood. Even discounting that, though, I'm not sure if a healing factor is necessary, or really fun; unless you plan on having your guy take a lot of damage all the time, it sounds like he would just tank everything, which... doesn't sound like a lot of fun to me.

(It's been a while since I read Recknoers, so not sure how a healing factor would be classified on the power scale)

Same with the tech part... I'm a little confused. Do you mean he's a tinkerer, ad can build things, or is it literally a case of matter transmutation? One involves a guy scrimping and scrounging for junk to cobble together workable stuff (which might work as a high IQ, rather than a super power), while transmutation... yeah, that would be straight up super power, maybe even count as low-level reality warping, and might be a bit too big.

... Again, though, I have no idea how power scaling works. SO, probably better to wait for someone who knows what their talking about to come along. :ph34r:

1 hour ago, DreamLord_Erith said:

To add on what Quiver said, having a High Epic as a first character, which the healing factor would make him, is effectively against the rules, so that's a no go.

To actually ask a question, could you go into a bit more detail for the heat manipulation bit?

Sure consider the healing factor gone. The heat manipulation goes like this 'matter has four states not three, solid heat it becomes liquid heat it becomes a gas heat that and it becomes plasma(a from of liquid energy like I said Kamehameha.) Plasma is also what you call the sun so he can make a mini sun, without the gravity. Also the tech I was talking about means he just needs the 'casing' and  the tech just kinda fills the gaps. Also it is technological telekinesis like 'stripped computer you are now an Alienware' update on his power-set  he can upgrade any tech he touches like stated above none of that technopothy stuff. So this has been 'steampunk the power and the ruler (PS he is from Greece for further information wait till next time on 'steampunk the power-set and the ruler.')