4 minutes ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Do you mean that the Unicyclist challenges Charmandapiper to a battle for the ages….or that the Unicyclist needs a new look? :ph34r: 

Or that the unicyclists power is actually to steal the powers of other bagpipe playing epics and this is the first of many great battles to come.

:ph34r:

1 minute ago, Voidus said:

Or that the unicyclists power is actually to steal the powers of other bagpipe playing epics and this is the first of many great battles to come.

:ph34r:

And the pool of bagpipe-playing Epics is small enough that no one tries to kill the Unicyclist for his repeated assuming. Diabolical. :ph34r: 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

31 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

At Voidus's request, a new Adelmo post is up, in which our favorite agent decides saying intimidating things is not as good as trying to nerdy relate with Backtrack, amongst other things.

Reveal hidden contents

Adelmo thought for a short time, then responded with conviction. “Because I and my superiors offer the only shreds of goodness and decency that you will find in this hellish state. We are not always ideal — something that you’ve seen with our resident slontze Reader — but you will not find a place that still respects life like the Dalles does. You can trust us because we do our best not just for the top brass, but for the humans and Epics alike that align with our town. We’re good people, MV. Far better than the Epics Backtrack has spoken of.”

If Vonda's dictatorship is a crappy made-for-TV product, Adelmo is Billy Mays. :ph34r:

edit: I included the thing about calling Arsenal on the radio because I like the idea of Adelmo interacting with him, especially after his breakdown. That would be fun! He could also sneakily suggest Deathwish being there to "greet" (*cough cough* make sure they don't run away after they see the terrible state of the Dalles *cough cough*) Backtrack and MV. 

And yet I somehow got creepy uncle vibes from him, all that's missing is him trying to lure them into his car... oh wait. :ph34r::P

8 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

At Voidus's request, a new Adelmo post is up, in which our favorite agent decides saying intimidating things is not as good as trying to nerdy relate with Backtrack, amongst other things.

Hide contents

Adelmo thought for a short time, then responded with conviction. “Because I and my superiors offer the only shreds of goodness and decency that you will find in this hellish state. We are not always ideal — something that you’ve seen with our resident slontze Reader — but you will not find a place that still respects life like the Dalles does. You can trust us because we do our best not just for the top brass, but for the humans and Epics alike that align with our town. We’re good people, MV. Far better than the Epics Backtrack has spoken of.”

If Vonda's dictatorship is a crappy made-for-TV product, Adelmo is Billy Mays. :ph34r:

edit: I included the thing about calling Arsenal on the radio because I like the idea of Adelmo interacting with him, especially after his breakdown. That would be fun! He could also sneakily suggest Deathwish being there to "greet" (*cough cough* make sure they don't run away after they see the terrible state of the Dalles *cough cough*) Backtrack and MV. 

Are there even any Coca-Cola companies anymore? If not, then we are doomed.

9 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Backtrack: AHHHH A SCARY MAN FROM THE DALLES!!!

Adelmo: Hey man, want some vegetables? Oregon-grown breakfast!

Backtrack: ...got any Doritos?

- Something That Has Already 2/3 Happened

What happened in the breakfast van. :ph34r:

12 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

Backtrack: AHHHH A SCARY MAN FROM THE DALLES!!!

Adelmo: Hey man, want some vegetables? Oregon-grown breakfast!

Backtrack: ...got any Doritos?

- Something That Has Already 2/3 Happened

Adelmo: Well, there aren't any such thing as Dorito trees, so--

Backtrack: WHAT? NOOOOOO!

2 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

What happened in the breakfast van. :ph34r:

I sense a new thread. :ph34r: 

Actually, as a characterization training thread, that might not be a bad idea. Let people practice taking their characters through conversations, with the never-realized goal of ordering a Denver omelette. 

Just now, Cognizantastic said:

Shall I retcon Adelmo so that instead of a motorcycle, he drives a food truck into Portland? :P

Arsenal: You are going on a mission, Adelmo. I have summoned a motorcycle for you, amongst other things. Ready to go?

Adelmo: Thanks man, but can you, like, conjure up a food truck instead? Some tortillas and chicken would be great too. Reader told me Backtrack is a sucker for tacos, and it's high time I channeled my Chilean heritage into my performance as an operative. 

Arsenal: ...

Adelmo: ...

Arsenal: Should I make some Taco Bell mild sauce too? With the funny quotes?

Adelmo: *high fives himself*

Actually, make it an ice cream car. :P Better to hide Backtrack in the freezer. :ph34r:

Just now, Cognizantastic said:

I firmly put forward the motion that the truck should be playing this song:

"THEY SEE ME ROLLING. THEY HATING."

Adelmo is, of course, making the same determined, grim face as he zooms to Portland. :ph34r:

I motion that the song instead be MC Hammer's classic ballad "U Can't Touch This." :ph34r: 

3 minutes ago, Cognizantastic said:

I'd make a counterargument, but instead I'll wait for @Edgedancer to convince us to have Adelmo play anime theme songs as the ice cream truck stalwartly rolls towards Backtrack. :P 

I was actually thinking something along the lines of Go Go Power Rangers. :ph34r:
But if i already have to put forth something anime related. How about the opening to Sakamoto Desu Ga? Coolest!

Spoiler

1 minute ago, Cognizantastic said:

When he plays it, it's the only time Glamour takes off his headphones.

And Arsenal is surprised that Scribbler and Edgerunner don't take his lectures seriously. :P 

"This is MILITARY MUSIC, young women! It teaches friendship -- a fundamental force in a squad of soldiers. STOP LAUGHING AND LEARN."

I'm sure Arsenal loves FOB Equestria. :P

10 hours ago, Cognizantastic said:

I think that Adelmo should use his playlist to subliminally influence his target.

Is everyone OK with him blasting Taylor Swift to encourage Backtrack's breakup with Lightwards? :ph34r:

Would that also end up attracting the actual (fake) Taylor?:ph34r:

13 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

Adelmo: Well, there aren't any such thing as Dorito trees, so--

Backtrack: WHAT? NOOOOOO!

I sense a new thread. :ph34r: 

Actually, as a characterization training thread, that might not be a bad idea. Let people practice taking their characters through conversations, with the never-realized goal of ordering a Denver omelette. 

I like the idea for a characterization/writing prompts thread.

12 hours ago, TwiLyghtSansSparkles said:

I motion that the song instead be MC Hammer's classic ballad "U Can't Touch This." :ph34r: 

I motion that the song of course be: