2,838 posts in this topic

Its a canon consideration, the way David talked about creation Epics it didn't sound like it was negotiable. Epics with the power to create anything can't create permanent objects. Basically a rule. And I think part of the point was to prevent Epics from just wishing up all the food they wanted for a ruler. You can't derive sustenance from a sandwich that stops existing in 3 hours.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

Its a canon consideration, the way David talked about creation Epics it didn't sound like it was negotiable. Epics with the power to create anything can't create permanent objects. Basically a rule. And I think part of the point was to prevent Epics from just wishing up all the food they wanted for a ruler. You can't derive sustenance from a sandwich that stops existing in 3 hours.

The exact quote in chapter 13 is

Quote

That made sense, most Epic powers didn't create objects permanently.

The direct consequence of the most is that some can create permanently. Further more the Limit isn't always time, Larcener for example was limited by mass and concentration.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok, after reading through the thread, I'd kind of like to create a new Epic. His powers would be creating barriers or other shapes at will, and being able to dismiss them when needed. His name would be the Weaver, or just Weaver. Ideas?

So for clarification, when you say "the thread" do you mean that you want to put him in Portland or do you mean another thread?

17 minutes ago, Blackhoof said:

Oh I misremembered it, that is fine then

Eh, I don't blame you, there's plenty of one sentence mentions in there, so keeping all of them straight is pretty hard.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

So for clarification, when you say "the thread" do you mean that you want to put him in Portland or do you mean another thread?

I don't know yet. Which would be a good place for him to start. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

I don't know yet. Which would be a good place for him to start. 

Astoria. He doesn't sound that powerful, while he could be very useful to the right Epic.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He would be over-shadowed in Astoria I think. Corvallis could have a place for him.

Edited by Blackhoof
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Blackhoof said:

He would be over-shadowed in Astoria I think. Corvallis could have a place for him.

Oh yeah. That's even better.

Or Salem.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, so now I'm awaiting Buttercup, Blossom and Kenshin's arrival at Argon's house :) I'm curious how Buttercup's plan will develop...

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, breakingamber said:

LOL, I just noticed an entire thread about Mestiv's signature.

Wow.

Have a nice lecture ;)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I REALLY WANT TO POST BUT I CAN'T FOR CONTINUITIE'S SAKE DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYY!

Can I post a WHOOC without permission from the characters I involve?

And where did Vikro go. And some random thoughts:

 

Didn't it say in Calamity somewhere that Larcener was the youngest known Epic, and therefore Epics such as Ari, probably Wraith, and others are out of continuity? Or was that just for High Epics?

How long can we wait before we say an Epic is up for adoption? Like 18th hasn't been on for a while. And a few others. And Vikro as I mentioned earlier.

The Trumpeter will make his entrance. You have been warned.

So how'd I do?

Edited by breakingamber
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, breakingamber said:

I REALLY WANT TO POST BUT I CAN'T FOR CONTINUITIE'S SAKE DANG IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHYYYYYYYYYY!

Can I post a WHOOC without permission from the characters I involve?

And where did Vikro go. And some random thoughts:

  Hide contents

Didn't it say in Calamity somewhere that Larcener was the youngest known Epic, and therefore Epics such as Ari, probably Wraith, and others are out of continuity? Or was that just for High Epics?

How long can we wait before we say an Epic is up for adoption? Like 18th hasn't been on for a while. And a few others. And Vikro as I mentioned earlier.

The Trumpeter will make his entrance. You have been warned.

So how'd I do?

As for characters of players that have been absent. It would probably be best to send them a pm as a reminder when they do show up on the site again and at least for the first while turn the characters into NPCs we decide what to do with as a whole, instead of handing them over to one specific player.

I see you did it anywqay but sure post WHOOCs as much as you like.

Spoiler

It was said that he was very young when he became an Epic but i don't think there where ever any statements concerning him being the youngest. In fact, Megan is "younger" than him.

 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

As for characters of players that have been absent. It would probably be best to send them a pm as a reminder when they do show up on the site again and at least for the first while turn the characters into NPCs we decide what to do with as a whole, instead of handing them over to one specific player.

I see you did it anywqay but sure post WHOOCs as much as you like.

  Reveal hidden contents

It was said that he was very young when he became an Epic but i don't think there where ever any statements concerning him being the youngest. In fact, Megan is "younger" than him.

 

Thanks. That cleared things up.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick update. I'm off work tomorrow (so far) so I'll try and get to posting. Dalles is overdue.

...so us Salem, because I can not figure out what to do with Sentry. Sorry.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I think that I'll join Salem. Any last minute I should know about? I already know about the arena and all that. 

EDIT: I actually think I might join Corvallis due to the slight inactivity there. 

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Blossom post up. I ended where I did to avoid making Kenshin go somewhere she might choose not to. Plus this gives Mestiv a chance to post at least once more before the group gets to Argon's house. If Edge and Mestiv have nothing else to add, I can edit my post to move things along more quickly rather than having one or two "empty" posts. Just let me know. ^_^

Edited by Blaze1616
1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok, I think that I'll join Salem. Any last minute I should know about? I already know about the arena and all that. 

EDIT: I actually think I might join Corvallis due to the slight inactivity there. 

sure, once Comatose is ok with that and we have all approved your Epic, you can introduce your character with a post :)

Just make sure you know the rough idea of everything that has happened in Corvallis, as well as the setting, and maybe peruse the thread first too, before you post.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry for lack of posts/replies at the moment, been really under the weather the last week or so, particularly the last couple of days.

Once I find a healing Epic to spike so I can get over it I shall be back to my regular schedule and hopefully a long-needed update for Salem.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Blaze1616 said:

Blossom post up. I ended where I did to avoid making Kenshin go somewhere she might choose not to. Plus this gives Mestiv a chance to post at least once more before the group gets to Argon's house. If Edge and Mestiv have nothing else to add, I can edit my post to move things along more quickly rather than having one or two "empty" posts. Just let me know. ^_^

Nothing from me either, so go ahead.

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found an interesting rp recently,  its about the seventeenth shard members. Each player role-plays a  character they make from a shard world of their choice. I'm planning to be  a double bronze twinborn, though one could also be a forger or a knight-Radiant or even a one armed herdazian-terrace mix breed if one wanted. We'd need a few more players if we want to have more than one storyline, though I don't want to sound like I'm pleading. It's called 'The Search for Hoid' if your interested. ^_^

Edited by ShadowLord_Lith
Mis-spelled word
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No words needed.

2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Voidus said:

No words needed.

We all know what must happen next. @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, it is in your hands. :ph34r: 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Edgedancer said:

We all know what must happen next. @TwiLyghtSansSparkles, it is in your hands. :ph34r: 

Voidus releases his log of pokemon Epics?
(Though they are sadly lacking in unicycles and bagpipes)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.