Ok, I want to join this but don't really know where to start. I'd like to make an Epic that has electricity-themed powers, but I haven't come up with a name yet. Anyone have any good ideas?

EDIT: Name= Static Burn? Able to interfere with electronics and shoot lightning from fingertips?

Edited by Assassin in Burgundy

2 hours ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok, I want to join this but don't really know where to start. I'd like to make an Epic that has electricity-themed powers, but I haven't come up with a name yet. Anyone have any good ideas?

EDIT: Name= Static Burn? Able to interfere with electronics and shoot lightning from fingertips?

Well, the two big options are you making the character and then we look where he fits or you get yourself some idea of the locations and then design your character for the location in mind.

If I may, talking about electrizity Epics, we do have two up for adoption in Portland, iy you're interested. It's honestly a great help to us for keeping down the number of abandoned characters after players leave. You know, if you're interested.

6 minutes ago, Quiver said:

... I just realized Koschei is rather similar, in name, to Koschek.

Koschei reincarnated as a cat, confirmed?

Actually, long before you introduced us to Night Vale, we already made jokes about Koschei reincarnating as a cat. Said cat is currently in the same room with Lyla. :mellow:

1 minute ago, Edgedancer said:

Actually, long before you introduced us to Night Vale, we already made jokes about Koschei reincarnating as a cat. Said cat is currently in the same room with Lyla. :mellow:

Well, that's why I'm saying confirmed, rather than a theory. :ph34r:

CLEARLY SHE HAS BEEN DRAWN TO THIS ROOM BY DESTINY, AND NOT RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT. 

Just now, Quiver said:

Well, that's why I'm saying confirmed, rather than a theory. :ph34r:

CLEARLY SHE HAS BEEN DRAWN TO THIS ROOM BY DESTINY, AND NOT RECKLESS ENDANGERMENT. 

Feel free to have a certain feline help her befriend Scribbler in the next post.:ph34r:

Fun fact, being turned into a cat or pug makes even the most vile villain a nice guy.:ph34r:

6 hours ago, Edgedancer said:

Well, the two big options are you making the character and then we look where he fits or you get yourself some idea of the locations and then design your character for the location in mind.

If I may, talking about electrizity Epics, we do have two up for adoption in Portland, iy you're interested. It's honestly a great help to us for keeping down the number of abandoned characters after players leave. You know, if you're interested.

Ok, I'll do that. That's the Epic adoption thread, right?

6 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok, I'll do that. That's the Epic adoption thread, right?

Actually no, the player left rather recently, so we didn't get around to listing them there yet. The two ePics are Flashpoint

Spoiler

Primary Power: Electricity shooting. Flashpoint can shoot off small electric burst ps from his fingers. It can power small devices for short periods of time or shock people. The strongest it can be is enough to cause someone to almost blackout.

Seconday Power: Flying. Flashpint can fly up to 150 mph and can fly up to around 1,000 feet in the air.

who is the second in command of Altermind, one of the faction leads in Portland that wants to gather all the smart people, Flashpoint himself is on the nicer side as far as Epics go.
The other is Electro

Spoiler

Primary Power: Power Cutter. He can create highly focused electricity that allows him to cut through objects and people.

Secondary Power: Scrambler. He can scramble the electrons in people's minds causing them to be disoriented and confused for short periods of time. He has to be within ten feet of someone to Scramble them. He can do it from farther away if they are connected by metal or water.

Passive Power: Electric Field. There is a small electric field always surrounding his body. If someone touches Electro, they receive a medium-sized shock; enough to hurt them a bit and cause their hair to stick up. Soft materials (such as: paper, fabric, or thin wood) vaporize when they hit the field. Electro can allow some materials not to be vaporized. Eg: his clothes or paper he is writing on. The field is electromagnetic. Electro can choose to make the field repel or attract metal. The field's size flares out when Electro experiences strong emotion.

a rather nasty and violent Epic working for Corpsemaker, another Portland faction leader that's more of the basic gang leader badchull type.

Thanks for your interest.:)

Edited by Edgedancer

2 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok, I think I'll go with Electro. What's going on in Portland, exactly?

A basic overview: There's currently going on a war between Thoughttown, the faction lead by the aforementioned Altermind, the Empire of Light, also known as the Whacko Brigade thanks to such things as raiding a museum , turning the bones presented there back into living dinosaurs and then turning it into a flying fortress, and the Dominion, the faction lead by Corpsemaker.
Currently, Thoughttown and the Empire have started an alliance to defeat the Dominion, which in turn has launched several strikes to take over the city.
Electro himself has been send together with another Epic, Timeport, to capture an Epic called Neverthere. He got split up from Timeport when he was distracted by somewhat of a rebellion of vanillas (normal people) and his partner meanwhile has also failed to capture Neverthere, because Epics of the Empire intervened. Timeport is now currently locked into combat with Lucentia.

5 minutes ago, Assassin in Burgundy said:

Ok. Has he ever tried looking like a normal person, then killing someone who doesn't realize he's an Epic and cuts in front of him on the street?

Not to my knowledge, he's more the type to kill someone for no reason instead of fishing for excuses to kill someone.

10 minutes ago, ShadowLord_Lith said:

More details. What are his limits? Are there any exceptions? Can he create a shape he can eat or drink? Tell me more and I will give you all I can.:)

The substance he creates is the same as something he is currently touching. For example, he could put a finger on a bar of steel and make a walkway of steel, or he could be touching a plant and make a bunch of grass grow from the floor. He can only do this with solids. Once he creates it, it cannot move by itself, but it will remain where it was constructed, regardless if it's just floating in the air. He could make something he could eat if, for example, he was touching a ham sandwich or something.

Just now, Blackhoof said:

Interesting power. Sounds fun to use :)

one suggestion- in the books it makes the stuff epics create disappear after a few hours or a day, so how about the same applies with him? Doesn't make much difference for him in the moment

How about he can only create 5 objects at a time, then they start disappearing. That sound good?

Yep. That way he doesn't lose the nutrients from his newly created creepy immortal bunnies that he just ate until it doesn't matter anymore. it also provides an explanation for why the object could still be there years after he made it. How large an object can he make at a time though? If its an unlimited amount, things start getting out of hand pretty quickly.