JordanCon this year?

Ruro272

I'm wondering if any of you Sanderson nuts (of which I include myself) ever go to the annual JordanCon convention?  This year's schedule looks pretty cool, with a different Sanderson-related program almost every single time slot.  Though Brandon isn't presenting at those, there is a book signing and even a "RAFOlympics" hour that's an "open Q&A to grill Brandon".  

http://jordancon.org/program/session-schedule

So yeah, this sounds pretty cool but I live in Minnesota so it would be quite the trip (aka expensive).  I'm just wondering if anyone who's gone before has any insight into this convention before I make any sort of decision on going.

Thanks in advance to anyone who responds!!!   ^_^

I've been considering it, but I don't know if I'll be able to. Which is disappointing, it might be the only time Brandon is in the Atlanta area (where I live) for a while. The time he will be here will be around my finals week, so I'm unsure whether or not I'll have the time. I can always hope. We'll see.

I have been to the convention every year, and have been a panelist for many of the Sanderson Track discussions for last year and this year. It is a great, fun con to meet or make new friends and I highly recommend it, especially if you are in the area (I'm pretty sure you can get 1 day passes at the door).

I live in the area, and I'm really thinking about going. Well, I really want to go, but RL is setting up in such a way that I can't commit to going just yet.

Also of note (but not Sanderson-related) is that one of the presenters this year, Gilbert Head, is a guy I've known most of my adult life. We're not besties or anything, but he's a good guy who knows his stuff. Gil will be talking about Fantasy and SciFi at the Hargrett Rare Books and Manuscripts collection at the University of Georgia, and he's just about the world's foremost expert on that kind of thing.

Cool, thanks for all the feedback!  I really wish I was just "in the area", then I'd be going for sure.  But it would be quite the trip for me so I'm glad to hear some positive feedback from you folks.

And to those of you who are on the fence but in the Atlanta area... if I can make it from Minnesota, YOU can make it too!  lol

Anybody else have thoughts or experience regarding JordanCon?

Cool, thanks for all the feedback!  I really wish I was just "in the area", then I'd be going for sure.  But it would be quite the trip for me so I'm glad to hear some positive feedback from you folks.

And to those of you who are on the fence but in the Atlanta area... if I can make it from Minnesota, YOU can make it too!  lol

Anybody else have thoughts or experience regarding JordanCon?

Yooou can dooo eeeet!

(Seriously, I'm coming from Kansas City.  Minnesota isn't that much farther. ;) )

Bought my tickets and booked the last set of rooms at the discounted price today! Looking forward to meeting some of you guys there.

Woot!  Sharder party!

(OK, it'll be a tiny party, but still...)

I've heard rumors of people in Mistborn cosplay flinging pennies at each other in the halls.

So, there are enough of us as definites, and a couple of maybes...you guys want to try and arrange a get-together with the lot of us?  Maybe hang out one evening of the con and have dinner together or something?

If I were to be able to go, the only day I would be able to attend would be that Saturday, the 23rd. Any idea on how pricey one day tickets are? And where I could buy them?

Saturday-only badge is $35, and you should be able to get it at Registration.  There will be signs, I'm sure.

If we do something Saturday evening, just know that I'm planning on getting into the Magic draft tournament, which starts at 8:30.  So we wouldn't go late, unless y'all just go with me. :)

Hey, do any of you guys want me to start a PM conversation for sharing contact info to coordinate meet-ups during the con?  That way we can give each other information like phone numbers to text each other and find each other at the con without the digits being up there for all the Shard to see.

OK, I have the PM started!  Patar (and anyone else), just drop a request in here to ask to be added.

The PM will be used to share personal info only to make it easier to find/spot each other at the con.  Any actual meet-up plans should continue to go in this thread so that any newcomers and/or lurkers can find them.

• 2 weeks later...

So I may or may not have a job interview on Saturday, I'm waiting to hear. If it ends up being on Saturday, that obviously takes precedence over this. However, if it isn't on Saturday, I will likely be attending. If you could add me to the group PM, that'd be fantastic :)  

So I may or may not have a job interview on Saturday, I'm waiting to hear. If it ends up being on Saturday, that obviously takes precedence over this. However, if it isn't on Saturday, I will likely be attending. If you could add me to the group PM, that'd be fantastic :)  

Done!  ^_^

Mostly a lurker here on 17th shard, but I generally post if I have a signing report.

I'll be at JordanCon, you can add me to the PM list

Thanks

edit: for clarity

Done!

OK, guys, I'm putting this here out in the open in case we have any shy folks lurking about - I say we gather for dinner-havings on Saturday evening at the Great Room at the hotel.