Once, there was a guild. A Doctors’ Guild, open to doctors from all walks of life. Originating from the Scadrian Roughs, it was well on its way to becoming something far greater.

And then, just when everything was going well, it all fell apart. The doctors began to drift away from one another. The final straw came when Nowko, the guild administrator, abandoned his comrades to roam the cosmere. The Doctors’ Guild was shattered.

Nowko wandered far and wide, seeking knowledge. Many things happened to him in these days, though he rarely speaks of them. He gained the powers he sought, but he paid far more than he had expected. Eventually, he returned to Scadrial, a changed man. He had realized that without the guild, without his fellow doctors beside him, it was all meaningless.

But the guild was gone. So he made a choice – he would rebuild his guild, from the ground up. He scoured the cosmere for new doctors – and, through his new friend Kevin Alders, the Reckonersverse. And now, at last, he is ready to reopen the doors.

The Abundance is reborn!

About the Guild

The Abundance accepts doctors from all walks of life; Good or evil, cosmere or reckonersverse, rich or upper middle-class. All that we require is a dedication to the pursuit of doctorliness. At the time of this writing, the Abundance allows for dual membership in all other guilds; as alliances shift and form, this may be subject to change.

As doctors, we are constantly seeking to expand our learning. It is this quest that defines and unites us. Should you or your guild require information of a scholastic nature, we'll have it -- and if not, we'll find it.

A sizeable number of our members are experts in the medical professions, and we thus extend this service as well: if you find yourself injured, diseased, poisoned, or otherwise inconvenienced by the fleshiness of your body, contact us, and we will do all that we can to restore you to health.

Fees for the above services, or any others you may need, should be discussed with Dr. Nowko Lestibournes, guild leader.

Meet the Doctors

Dr. Nowko Lestibournes -- Guild Leader, Realmatic Surgeon   (Wonko the Sane)

Nowko has his origins in QF7. Back then, he was just a young scholar with interest in bronze Allomancy, and a dream of becoming the cosmere’s first Spiritual surgeon. He helped found the original Abundance.

Since then, Nowko has grown a great deal. He has finally achieved his goal, and now performs his surgeries with bronze (granted by a hemalurgic spike) and his most prized possession, his Shardscalpel, along with an assortment of other tools and tricks.

Nowko doesn’t talk about where he got his bronze spike. When asked, he goes silent, and excuses himself from the conversation. It’s clear that this is a very painful memory, and one that Nowko regrets dearly.

He now travels the cosmere with his assistant, Won LenReen (LG 12). Len is a Forger, and is in possession of the Seon Ena. His levity and wit make a nice counterpoint to Nowko’s severe personality. Together, the pair are the cosmere’s best – and only – Realmatic surgeons.

Kevin Alders / The Doctor -- Interuniverse Transportation   (Wonko the Sane)

Kevin hails from Earth – specifically, from the Reckonersverse. He’s an Epic. Nowko met him on Roshar, where he seemed very confused to find himself. Kevin’s power is the ability to open gates between related universes. What makes one universe ‘related’ to another is not clear to him or anyone else in the Abundance. (Out of character, it’s the fact that the same author is writing them).

Kevin was a bit of a nerd before he got his powers, so when he gained the ability to apparently travel anywhere in space and time, there was only one Epic name for him. He’ll fit right in here.

Kevin is basically a plot device to bring the worlds together, and to give us a base of operations. I don’t intend to do much roleplaying with him.

Dr. NeLaar -- Skeleton and Muscle Structure   (Arraenae)

The Guild's only kandra, NeLaar has his roots in MR11.

NOTE: For the origins of this guild, see QF7, in Sanderson Elimination, and the original Doctors' Guild here.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Won LenReen hammered in the final nail, then dropped down from the ladder. He looked up with pride at his handiwork.

The Abundance

-- Scadrian Offices --

The sign was beautiful – the first thing any Forger learned, long before they were trained in carving Stamps, was how to make a thing of beauty.

“Dr. Lestibournes! It’s finished!” He called into the open door of the building.

“Finally. How long can it possibly take to hang a rusting sign?” Came the grumble from within. Nowko Lestibournes emerged into the sunny Elendel day. He looked up at the sign in grudging admiration.

“Well done as always, Len. Now get in here and help me get these books on the shelves.”

Len sighed. “Right away, sir.” He followed his master back into the newly christened offices.

A quick note: I want to keep the RP in this guild realistic. I know a lot of you like to play as Fullborn Elantrian God Kings with all the Surges, and whatnot, but for the characters in this guild, I want to avoid pushing that envelope. Remember Sanderson's Second Rule of Magic (paraphrased): It's not what a character can do, but what they can't do, that makes them interesting.

Welcome to the Abundance, Dr. NeLaar! Yes, you are very much welcome here; honestly, all you really need for admission is to have the honorific 'Dr.' or some such in front of your name. Would you like to write a brief summary of yourself, to be posted on the Guild bulletin?

Hah! Your joke is too late, Gargoyle -- someone else has already joined!

So, if no one else joins, you'll just end up talking to yourself?

Definately sane...

;)

Wonko is definetly sane. He's so sane that he's almost swimming in his own sanity. Sure, he may have cracked a bit in LG18, but out of everybody there he was the sanest, which in doctorspeak means that he's fine.

I'll say that Nelaar is an aspiring doctor interested in skeleton and muscle structure.

All right. You're on the bulletin, now. If you want it to say anything more than it does, just ask.

Once we have a sizable body of doctors, I intend to hire us out to the other guilds. Our expertise should prove invaluable in their constant squabbles and shenanigans.

(I'm sure not sure this is even allowed, so you can just let this post stay as a joke or something, if it's not.)

Faintly at first, but getting louder, a whooshing noise was carried on the wind. A few heads turned as something started fading into existence. It was box shaped. Now they could see that it was blue. And now they could make out the words on the top of it.

Police Box

When the police box had fully materialized, a man stepped out of it, wearing a suit.

Fiddling with his bowtie, he announced, "Hello, I'm the Doctor."

He was actually in the last guild, believe it or not, but I worry that he may be overpowered for this one. Do you want Kevin? We can alter his power some, so that he can move through space within a universe, as well as between universes. I'd rather avoid time travel.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

NeLaar looked at the sign hammered onto the front door, which, even from this distance, had clearly been crafted with loving precision. The Abundance, Scadrian Offices, it said.

It was an interesting name. Not something practical, like the Doctor's Guild, or something cute, like a Murder of Malpractitioners, but The Abundance. And it was home for exactly 3 doctors.

NeLaar spun around in his chair and grinned. After being burned alive in First of the Sun, it was nice to be back in Scadrial, with its modern conveniences (like electricity and running water); allomancy (there was surprising comfort in feeling that familiar pang of envy when he saw coinshots displaying their power); and spinney chairs (he imagined it to be like leaping through the mists, but more horizontal).

NeLaar used his feet to propel himself and the chair to the door. "Nowko, why's this guild called 'the Abundance'?"

Edited by Arraenae

Quick Note: Nowko just died in QF14; Len rescued him with a last-minute Resealing -- which he was lucky to be able to make work, considering he was on Scadrial. I'll RP that in the game once it's over.

Nowko looked up from his research, surprised to see someone other than Len entering the room. He was still getting used to the idea of having a guild again. At the moment, it mostly seemed an inconvenience.

"For remembrance", he said abruptly, then turned back to his work. Couldn't the creature see he was busy?

Len peeked into the room. "Hey, Nel, let's get out of the doctor's way. Come on, we'll go get something to eat."

Once the door was closed behind them, Len turned to NeLaar. "Sorry about that. He gets like that sometimes, especially when he doesn't have a problem to solve. He doesn't mean anything by it."

The Forger turned and called out to the air. "Ena, mind scouting ahead and finding us someplace with food?"

The little orb of light that was Len's Seon drifted down from whatever he'd been doing. "Of course, Len." Len felt a small satisfaction at that -- It had taken years to convince Ena not to call him 'Master'. But that had been just too creepy.

"Try for something with a little flavor; the people here like their food blander than water."

"I believe the Terris cuisine employs a number of spices in common with MaiPon, Len."

"Find us some of that, then."

"Of course, Len. I will return shortly." The Seon zipped off ahead. Len wondered what the people here thought when they saw Ena. He was usually good about being discreet, but still...

Len turned back to the kandra, smiling. "Anyway, I gather you had some questions the old grump couldn't be bothered to answer?"

Nowko looked up. "For remembrance", he said. Then he turned his head down again, back towards the papers on his desk.

That was rude. Hopefully Nowko wasn't one of those bosses that despised people in all body shapes and forms but still managed to get a position of power.

"Hey, Nel, let's get out of the doctor's way. Come on, we'll go get something to eat," Len said.

NeLaar turned and left the room, grateful to get away from Dr. Nowko King-of-Grouchiness Lestibournes. Len seemed much friendlier, and food was always a good idea.

Len closed the door. "Sorry about that. He gets like that sometimes, especially when he doesn't have a problem to solve. He doesn't mean anything by it."

The Forger turned and called out to the air. "Ena, mind scouting ahead and finding us someplace with food?"

A small orb of light drifted down from the ceiling. "Of course, Len," it said. NeLaar jumped. It spoke!

"Try for something with a little flavor; the people here like their food blander than water," Len said.

"I believe the Terris cuisine employs a number of spices in common with MaiPon, Len," The light said.

"Find us some of that, then," Len said.

"Of course, Len. I will return shortly." It moved away and NeLaar jumped again. He'd never seen anything like it on either Scadrial or First of the Sun.

Len turned back to the kandra and smiled, as if he hadn't just been talking to a ball of light that had talked back. "Anyway, I gather you had some questions the old grump couldn't be bothered to answer?"

"Um. Could you get some --" NeLaar hastily stopped the word cadaver from slipping out "--meat? Raw pork will be fine."

Len froze. "Oh! That's right! You, uh, eat... differently."

Nights! Don't they eat dead people? Maybe he wants to go to a graveyard. He shivered involuntarily.

"Would a, um... Tay-rss restaurant have... something... for you?"

He did his best to smile nonchalantly. It didn't go well.

It took me way too long to find a swear appropriate to Len. He's not well-traveled enough yet to use 'storms' or 'Colors' like Nowko might.

"Would a, um... Tay-rss restaurant have... something... for you?" Len asked. He plastered a smile onto his face, but it looked forced.

Maybe mentioning the raw pork hadn't been a good idea. Who knew what myths and mangled half-truths the current Scadrian populace had heard about kandra?

"That'll be fine," NeLaar said. "I can eat anything that a normal human will eat."

"Err... Right. Okay." Oh, Nights, how obvious is it that I'm uncomfortable? He probably thinks I'm racist now. Am I racist? The Doc never has these problems.

"Um, while we wait for Ena to find us something, what was it you wanted to talk to Dr. Lestibournes about?"

"Um, while we wait for Ena to find us something, what was it you wanted to talk to Dr. Lestibournes about?" Len asked. He was clearly trying to switch the topic to anything other than NeLaar's dietary habits.

NeLaar cast his mind back to his musings on the spinney chair. "Why's this guild called an "Abundance"? There's only three people in it, four if you count Kevin."

"Hm. Dr. Lestibournes doesn't like to talk about his past, but I've been able to gather a little."

Len leaned back against a wall, arms folded. "Maybe you could already tell from the name, but the Doc's from this planet, originally."

"He had a circle of friends, in those days. They were called the Abundance. I think it was a joke or something. 'An Abundance of Doctors', you know? Anyway, they disbanded, and I think the Doc blames himself for it. He named the new guild in honor of them."

A sudden thought seemed to strike Len, and he looked up, eyes wide in terror. "Oh, Nights, please don't tell him I called him Doc!"

Edited by Wonko the Sane

"Um... Hello?" A tall man with a beard, carrying chalk, walks in, followed by a man who looks more like an assassin than a doctor.

The assassin taps the bearded man on the shoulder, and asks, "Are you certain this is the place?

"Well, go out and look at the sign. I think it is."

The assassin returns. "It seems to be... but there are only three people."

The chalk dude turns around. "And how would you know that?"

"I have epic powers."

Len burst into action. As the Doc was so fond of pointing out, he'd never be a great scholar -- but he did know people.

"Hello, gentlemen! Welcome to the headquarters of the Abundance. My name is Won LenReen, and this is Dr. NeLaar. How can we be of assistance today?"

A flash of light caught Len's eye, and he glanced up to where Ena was hovering, discreetly out of view of the newcomers. He had found someplace to eat.

"NeLaar and I were just about to head out to get some Tay-rss food. Perhaps you could be persuaded to take lunch with us?"

Edited by Wonko the Sane

"NeLaar and I were just about to head out to get some Tay-rss food. Perhaps you could be persuaded to take lunch with us?" Len asked the pair.

"We're going out?" NeLaar asked, surprised. "I thought that light was going to bring us something. If we're going out, I need to change."

NeLaar walked back into his office and closed the door. He didn't want to spook Len even more, but what was the point of being an immortal shapeshifter if you didn't change how you looked once in a while? He stood in front of a mirror and inspected his current body. Short, stocky, light skin, black hair, light eyes -- not particularly Terris. NeLaar didn't have the time to change his height or hair color, but he could tinker around with the rest. He turned his skin translucent and let his True Body shine in the light for a moment. Then he got to work.

A while later, a short Terrisman in traditional robes and jewelry stepped out of Dr. NeLaar's office. "Sorry for the wait," NeLaar said. "I wanted a Terris body for a Terris restaurant."

The bearded man stepped forward. "Oh! Hello! I'm Aaron! Nice to meet you..." Then, realizing that the short man didn't look like he had, muttered something about forgetting something and possession.

The assassin simply looked at NeLaar, and immediately transformed into the exact same person.

The assassin-like man glanced at NeLaar and morphed into a short Terrisman that looked exactly like NeLaar's current form.

NeLaar jumped. He didn't know that there was another kandra here! That transformation had been so quick -- around Tensoon's speed, or maybe even faster.

"What generation are you?" NeLaar asked.

NeLaar isn't very aware of the world outside of Scadrial or First of the Sun. This might change later, but he's pretty clueless about the greater Cosmere or multiverse right now.

"Generation... I do not know what you speak of. Now, you were saying something about eating? I agree." He returned to his original form.

Aaron backed away from both of them, despite knowing that at least one of them wasn't a Forgotten. It just wasn't smart to take risks like that. "Umm.. lets go... I dont' want to see Rem... Assassin angry. I've seen it once. Bad things happen."

"Generation... I do not know what you speak of. Now, you were saying something about eating? I agree." He said. 

The bearded man backed away from NeLaar and the other kandra. "Umm.. lets go... I don't want to see Rem... Assassin angry. I've seen it once. Bad things happen."

NeLaar ignored the bearded man. Rem -- if that was the name of their current body -- must be one of the older generations, uncomfortable with breaking an impersonation. "We all saw you change your appearance," he said. "We know you're a kandra. Who are you?"

"I do not know what a 'kandra' is. Now, stop annoying me or I will be happy to stop that simplistic transforming of yours altogether by breaking every bone in your body and then burning you alive." Assassin growled at the smaller man, growing to be well over 61/2 feet tall, nearing 7 feet. "Now, I'm hungry. Where is that restaurant  you were talking about?"

Aaron looked at the Assassin. "Remar, are you insane? You will not kill anyone here." he said. "And anyways, what's your area of expertise? "'Assassination' is pretty broad."

"Infiltration and chemistry. And how would you stop me?" He said, returning to his original form.

Aaron pulled out a piece of chalk, and drew a line on each side of Remar, forming a box around him. "There."