Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

Latest rule updates and clarifications:

Double enhanced bendalloy and cadmium should read: 3 more or less action periods.

Enhanced iron should read: You may select up to 3 people to protect.

Game will start in a little under 4 hours.

Night 1: It's Quiet Uptown

Darkness in the city. All was quiet. Not a single Coinshot jumping from building to building, nor any Skimmers clinging to their sides. All was quiet. Too quiet. She walked into a building, and recoiled at the dark liquid staining the floor. Maybe it was only water… but water wasn’t that sticky. Although she was trying to think of some other explanation, she knew what had happened. Despite all her efforts, everything she’d sacrificed, they had failed. Twinborn City was gone, and with it one of the last possibilities for survival.

Lights in the city. Noise from every window. Celebrations. Drunken Coinshots careening madly through the air, Skimmers throwing themselves recklessly from building to building. A line of graves in the town square, but not many. Each with its own headstone and epitaph, and a pair of spikes driven through the stone. Revelers dancing around the streets, carefree, happy. Twinborn City was vibrant, alive, and remained free.

Then the electrum ran out, the duralumin reducing its length to seconds, though it had seemed like days. She slumped down, exhausted. Even with all that knowledge, she still wasn’t sure how to reach either of those futures. Or which one she wanted to happen. The first one. The second one. The voices didn’t stop. They never stopped. She’d just gotten better and concealing them, even from the inhabitants who saw her every day. They probably wouldn’t recognize her now. There were several walking past now… she could join them, but who knows how they’d react?

The Twinborn walking by were enjoying themselves. They’d stopped by Kwon’s to fill up on metals, and now they were showing off all the new tricks they’d learned since their last excursion. One called for the others’ attention, and then began to blur, appearing to be in many places at once. Some were impressed, others jealous. They couldn’t all be Compounders, but did he have to show it off like that? Later that night, the young Swift was found dead, with a large, gaping hole where his heart had once been. There were no signs of a struggle, and from this the local law enforcement had deduced the culprit was someone he’d known. Everyone was shocked. They knew their neighbors, and were sure none of them could have done such a thing. Or so they claimed...

You may now create PMs and send in actions, as soon as you get your GM PM. These are being sent out now. Please remember to include all three GMs in all of your PMs.

Night will end in 24 hours.

blu_1459386000.png

Player List:

Player List
1. Haelbarde- Edrab Leah, a twitchy man who is constantly looking up...
2. Master Elodin- Alexandra Rotec, a mysterious person about whom nothing is known...
3. TheSilverDragon- Star Thief, a small shiny robber who excels at muggings...
4. Wonko the Sane- Kwon, a very suspicious metallurgist...
5. Mailliw73- Millie the sheriff, who has been strangely off lately...
6. Clanky- Cylkan the lamplighter, who seems to have too many luxuries for his salary...
7. Mark IV- Myte the "aluminum gnat" who was last seen dodging a bullet- literally...
8. Arraenae- Kae and Verre, neither of whom is a Steel Inquisitor- or so they claim...
9. Kynedath- Sumath Caelum, an unknown reaching for the sky...
10. DeathClutch19- Eren Jaeger, a drunkard who claims to be sober...
11. Amanuensis- Siaron the Scorned, the only person here who calls themself a bastard...
12. Burnt Spaghetti- Jala Ghetti, a secretive woman who only wears purple...
13. IrulelikeSTINK- a "skaa" with no name, who thinks he's opposing the Final Empire (little does he know that he really is)
14. TheMightyLopen- Silas, the only person here who isn't suspicious at all, which makes him even more so...
15. Araris Valerian- ArSel, who claims that he got his name from his parents yet can't remember theirs...
16. yafeshan- a cookie monster who claims to be inexperienced...

17. Danosaur- a strange purple... non-dinosaur

Edited by phattemer

It's sad how small this game is.

EDIT: Why am I very suspicious? I haven't done anything wrong! Is it because I was reported deceased and consumed by a kandra? I assure you, that's all just rumors!

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Clarification of how my RPing this game will work:

After this post, I (hopefully) won't be making any more OOC posts. Everything after this post I write will be either from Kae's viewpoint (for RPing), his journal (analysis), Verre's viewpoint (for RPing), or her journal (RP and analysis). I will do my best to be sticking to the characters.

Anything that Kae says or writes will be true to be best of my knowledge. Any actions that he takes will accurately reflect my actions in this game. For example, if Kae uses a coppermind, that means I as a player have feruchemical copper.

The only thing that Kae can lie about is whether or not he or Verre is spiked, and by extension whether I am an eliminator. This is because some players enjoy deducing alignments, and I do not want to deprive them of this joy.

Verre does not have to be truthful. If she remarks on Kae using a coppermind, that does not necessarily mean that I as a player have feruchemical copper. This extends to anything that Verre says, writes, or does. Unless where otherwise noted, all PMs are going to Verre.

Let the experiment commence.

Everyone begins the game in B2, the center.

A1-A2-A3

B1-B2-B3

C1-C2-C3

It's bad enough to be ninja'd... but to be ninja'd by a fellow GM giving the same clarification you are is the very pinnacle in ninjenuity.

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r:

Edited by phattemer

Would anyone like to reveal their Allomantic power?

I'd advise against that for at least a cycle. Night 1, period 1 is the only time that the Spiked can be sure of everyone's position on the map, so it's the time that they are most free to kill whoever they want. Wait a cycle, then use PMs to limit the risk inherent in role-claiming.

Now, to strategy. Sparkers are our most valuable resource. They alone have clear-cut confirmation powers. Any Sparkers among us should clear and contact a mouthpiece as soon as possible.

Seekers can be nearly as useful; especially working in concert with a Tineye. You need to get yourselves connected, so that your seeking data can become public knowledge without risk to your identity.

This is a game where teamwork and coordination is critical. The powers synergize incredibly well, so internally confirmed groups have a lot of power. Start making alliances as soon as you can.

Any kandra willing to contact me will be told my alignment without any reservation. I am very much interested in forming a working relationship with you as soon as possible.

Well, yeah, point taken. But if I was Spiked, I'd tell any kandra who could confirm they were a kandra.

EDIT: I'd like everyone to list every PM they have, and avoid forming any for a couple of cycles. I've just had an idea.

I'm waiting on the GMs to confirm that this is how it works, but I think that if a Windwhisper were to spy on a player who hasn't formed any PMs yet, they could act as a confirmation engine. If they get a result, it must be from the Eliminator doc. Please, if you are not part of any PMs yet, announce yourself so that we can keep it that way.

I unfortunately have already started a PM with Lopen, so I can't be scanned this way, and neither can he. Sorry about that.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

I'm not in any PMs yet so I can still be scanned. Also I recommend that nobody uses cadmium yet and everybody uses bendalloy since given the villages numerical superiority actually helps us to get more actions when everyone is bunched up like this.

GMs: Is it a pretty cool item in every room to start?

Edited by Clanky

I'm not in any PMs yet so I can still be scanned. Also I recommend that nobody uses cadmium yet and everybody uses bendalloy since given the villages numerical superiority actually helps us to get more actions when everyone is bunched up like this.

GMs: Is it a pretty cool item in every room to start?

I take it that you mean Allomantic cadmium.