Long Game 19: Twinborn City

phattemer

What guild? As I recall, there was an active conspiracy to keep the lights dark, in the Village.

Now we live in a city and cities are sophisticated. Guilds are also sophisticated. Also if I recall correctly everyone who was trying to keep the lights dark met an untimely end.

Didn't Winter Cloud used to play two characters, one of whom was named Kae?

Yes, she did. I believe Kae was her inquisitor character, and Cleo was the other one. And I believe Kae was in LG11, so it's appropriate there's another Kae in this one, what with all the other reappearances.

Can I request a link to the spec doc? I'd sign up for this game, but I want a small break between the end of LG18 and the next game I play. 

Now we live in a city and cities are sophisticated. Guilds are also sophisticated. Also if I recall correctly everyone who was trying to keep the lights dark met an untimely end.

Malrick/Meta was still very much alive when that game ended. Also, he ended up a Mistborn.

Yes, she did. I believe Kae was her inquisitor character, and Cleo was the other one. And I believe Kae was in LG11, so it's appropriate there's another Kae in this one, what with all the other reappearances.

Can I request a link to the spec doc? I'd sign up for this game, but I want a small break between the end of LG18 and the next game I play. 

No, I remember now, Cleo was in that game; my character (the human one, not the kandra), was angry with her for burning through all his copper. It was his primary character motivation. She was mourning the death of Kae from a prior game. So I guess he got better?

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Kae and Verre are newcomers then. Kae's very surprised that there was someone else with the same name, and miffed that others think that he is an Inquisitor. Verre thinks that it's funny.

Anything that comes from Kae will be true to the best of his knowledge (and mine). Anything that comes from Verre isn't that trustworthy. This includes RPs from either one of their viewpoints (ex: in an RP Kae burns gold. This means that one of the powers I have as a player is allomantic gold, and I could not have lied about it.)

I'd sign up for this game, but I want a small break between the end of LG18 and the next game I play.

Awwww.... But what if I wanted to die to protect your character from death!? This might even be the original Edrab!

Edit: Although you could go mistwraith... I would recommend not sleeping as your first action period as a Kandra. It well could be fatal...

Edited by Haelbarde

Previously on Sanderson Elimination:

The cemetery was quiet except for the distant sounds of celebrations echoing throughout the caves as the villagers enjoyed their victory over the Spiked that had tried to kill them all.  Off to the side of the cemetery stood a line of five tombstones.  Each one representing one of the Spiked that had died.  One grave was still open, waiting for the last of them to be killed.  Another, set in the middle of the line, had a stuffed panda sitting on it.  

At the foot of this grave stood two figures with long billowing cloaks enshrouding them.  Neither of the figures spoke as they waited.  

They didn’t have to wait long.

A small tremor ran through the cemetery, after effects of the main cavern collapsing, causing the dirt on the graves to shift slightly.  However the dirt on the middle grave didn't just shift but sunk as a hand reached up and grasped the panda.  The hand squeezed the toy panda, causing the stuffing to shift so it looked like it had a very surprised look on it's face, before pulling it beneath the ground.

The hand reemerged from the grave, followed by another one that was missing a finger.  Shortly afterwards a pair of arms made their way out of the grave just before the head.

The two watchers then moved and each grasped an arm and helped the dirt covered Rolan from what should have been his grave.  Once Rolan was freed the watchers handed him a water bottle.

"Easy there friend.  Small mouthfuls.  My name is Alv and my companion is NaVorl.  We would like for you to join us.  Your skill set is of particular interest to us."

Rolan stood on top of a hill watched as the twinborn moved about their city below.  He hands clenched into fists, knuckles white with pressure.  He could feel his nails digging into flesh and the blood as it dripped to the ground.  How he wanted to rip the city apart to get his revenge for the pain they had caused when they tried to kill him.

But he was forbidden to do so.  Instead his orders were to watch only.

Turning away from the city, Rolan moved over to the slabs of stone piled up by his covered wagon.  He may not be allowed to interfere but that didn't mean he couldn't be productive.  Perhaps carving epitaphs for the dead would sate his hunger for revenge.

I have waited for this game to be rurun so Rolan can make his comeback but instead I'm the Mod so I'll take a spec doc link please.

Kae

“I saw that you’re looking for an employee,” Kae said. “I studied mathematics for two years at Elendel University and worked for four years as an accountant for a member of the Senate. I want to get a job here.”

The wrinkled, old man stared blankly at Kae. “You wanna get a job here?” He asked.

“Yes,” Kae said. “I could do your finances for you. Help you pay your employees, pay your tariffs, that sort of thing.”

The old man -- Mr. Beasley, according to Verre -- raised an eyebrow. “Son, this is a shop for tailors. You sure you’re at the right place?”

Tailor, just like Verre said. Kae nodded his head.

“What’s a fancy university boy like you doing here?” Mr. Beasley asked. “Pay here’s worse than what you get in Elendel.”

Kae hesitated. “I… I was too accurate with my accounting,” he said. “The others fudged their numbers. I unfudged them and made the source of Cett’s income clearer.”

More accurately, he’d recorded those 5000 extra boxings as bribes. The chief accountant hadn’t been happy about that and had fired Kae on the spot.

Mr. Beasley sighed. “Sorry, son, but I don’t need an accountant. My wife does my ledgers just fine.”

“I can do other things too,” Kae said. This was the third shop that had said no. He needed a job, so he could afford to rent a place for him and Verre. He needed to get a job. “I can do the heavy lifting and -- and -- I can sew, I have a sister too, she can do things --”

Mr. Beasley shook his head. “If you want work there’s a place five doors down. Sorry.”

Kae wanted to stay and argue, but that wouldn’t work -- he wasn’t Verre. That was a dismissal, plain and clear. He walked out of the shop and headed five doors down, hopefully to a place where he could get a job.

Rae raises an excellent question with the Elendel comment. What is the timeframe for the RP, here? The events of Twinborn Village took place a couple centuries after the Lord Ruler's Ascension. If our characters are still alive, it shouldn't be much time after that, right?

Well, obviously LenReen would still be alive, but he was also off-planet last time I checked, so that's kind of irrelevant.

Rae raises an excellent question with the Elendel comment. What is the timeframe for the RP, here? The events of Twinborn Village took place a couple centuries after the Lord Ruler's Ascension. If our characters are still alive, it shouldn't be much time after that, right?

Well, obviously LenReen would still be alive, but he was also off-planet last time I checked, so that's kind of irrelevant.

Actually.... :ph34r: In the final write up (which never got finished, unfortunately) there was to be a two-part twist ending. One of the reveals was that the village was actually post-Catacendre, with all the implications that entails. (If you want more details on it, you can PM me or Newan.) I'm not sure whether or not Phatt is running this with those twists in mind, but...

Could I get a link to the spec doc?

Edited by Aonar Faileas

I... would love that information, yes. :blink:

PM coming your way.

EDIT: OHH! That's why it was underground! So we would have survived the Catacendre with no one knowing it was happening!

EDIT 2: Guys... I know the secret now. And it changes everything. I am dizzy. This is like, a Sixth Sense-level plot twist.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

After Wonko getting shocked enough to silence the thread for a bit, I might as well say that I'm signing up :P

Character: Someone who thinks that he’s a skaa and opposing the Final Empire. The fact that the Terris are free to run around and make babies doesn’t mean anything to him; all authority is really just The Steel Ministry under a different name. All of that “Feruchemy” nonsense is actually experimental Allomancy Magiks pioneered by the Steel Inquisitors, so he doesn’t feel any guilt about putting down those with Feruchemy (it’s probably granted by Hemalurgy anyways so it’s evil.)

(thanks to Rae for making the character for me because I was too lazy at the time)

Just so you all know, I hope there's been an effort to balance this rerun, because last game the spiked kind of got slaughtered because there's so much sensing and there are unlimited PMs. Don't forget Meta the mistborn with a gun, just from straight luck he became the most powerful 'ability wise' in the game. I just hope the GMs are attempting to balance this game somewhat.

Stink, you don't even know... We were all... It was all...

And the lies. And the lies! The lies, the lies, THE LIES! The hideous, insidious, perfidious, invidious lies!

I wonder how many Cryptics these lies have attracted.

It's my opinion that the kandra were the deciding factor in the last game, so yes, I intend to have them allied with whatever team I end up on. Their ability to straddle the line, gathering secrets from both sides, means that when they choose a side, they suddenly become a massive hole in the other team's operational security.

This went both ways last game -- I leaked to the Twinborn, Araris to the Spiked -- but as I have always maintained, the Village generally has more to gain from a free flow of information than the Eliminators.