From the dead Doc:

1: Four times in a row, Alv ended up corrupt.

2: I really just want to deprive the people who’ve played more than 35 games and still haven’t had a kill role. Those people I really want to keep from ever getting a kill role. Nothing would make me more happy. (They won’t be happy to have heard me say that. Either of them….)

3: At least I got my wish about not being in the game where Alv finally gets a kill role. He would’ve killed me first if I had been playing. #payback

4: So many people who have access to that spreadsheet are like “Why is Alv on the Lord Ruler tier? He’s not that scary…” ...oh, you have no idea how bad he is. o.O But now everyone will know how bad he is. It’s about dang time.

5: I have a feeling that Alv is going to single-handedly break this game.

He always seems to do that in my games.

6: The governor is way OP. Untouchable to items and 3 votes? Eesh.
7: Alv finally spent his money. He has a second dagger now. And then he told me he was going to use them both. On, wait for it, the richest player in the game, and the only other player with a dagger.
8: Gah! Alv, you should’ve just held onto the key yourself! Then you could’ve been the SK!!! Bah.

1: What can I say; the Gods of Luck and Chance love an Evil!Alv.

2: Sorry but we've both had kill roles now.

3: No I wouldn't.  As much as I would've loved to kill you, I still would've gone after inactives.  Only after they were dead and if I didn't have any leads on who the eliminators are would I start on my revenge list.  Strategy before revenge.

4: I had no idea people questioned my tier level.  Folks, please remember that it is Wilson that put me on that tier.  Wilson!  If she thinks I'm dangerous enough to warrant my own threat level then it's a really good idea to listen.  I might not be very scary at first glance but I am deadly when I have information. Or a Dagger. :P  Sadly, it's because of that that I don't get information just in case I'm evil. :(

5: Hang on, I don't think I've ever broken one of your games.  That's Aonar's job.  I sometimes just see something in the rules that lets me use them in ways the GMs don't expect.

6: I agreed with this.  It's why I didn't change my votes when Lopen lynched me.  I had plenty of time but decided to go with it.  Sadly it didn't go the way I wanted.  I was hoping we both ended up with same number of votes and would have a coin toss to decide our fate.  Let the Gods of Luck and Chance make the call.

7:  You mean I could've had three Daggers at the same time?! :o  Dang it Lopen.  Couldn't you have waited one more cycle? :(

8: If I had known that there was a chance of becoming a SK, I totally would've kept the key. :ph34r:   Heck, I would've helped Lopen to lynch me.

Was that a shot at LG19? You were about to be resurrected too... aaaand the area you're in mysteriously collapses. How sad.

In all seriousness, the game was awesome, and even though I died early and didn't get to go to jail, even watching it was fun. Thanks, Joe!

Was that a shot at LG19? You were about to be resurrected too... aaaand the area you're in mysteriously collapses. How sad.

In all seriousness, the game was awesome, and even though I died early and didn't get to go to jail, even watching it was fun. Thanks, Joe!

Not at you. At the Spiked... :P

Say, Joe, what if Ada had killed me this last turn. Mind doing that writeup? If it's not too much, of course.

Could you do a writeup where we lynched Aman instead of Mark?

Kind of combined these two.

Turn i: Finality in the Senate.

Bironey pasted a kind looking smile on his face as Miotes Monec rounded the corner and saw him. The man hesitated, but approached the chairs where Biorney sat. He stopped out of arm’s reach, folding his arms in front of his chest and looking around nervously.

“How did you get out of prison Biorney?”

Biorney leaned back, resting his head on the wall, and thought about what to say. “Governor Alron let me out before he was arrested. I don’t know where he found the key.”

Monec sighed, his shoulders drooping as he seemed to relax. He smiled and stepped closer, dropping into the seat next him. “Glad to hear it. I was worried Yosef had released you to kill Heatherlocke for vengeance.”

The man wasn’t actually that far from the truth. Yosef had convinced him to kill Heatherlocke if he escaped, but not for vengeance. For purification. “No. Completely off the mark. I’m still looking for corruption among the senators.”

“Good, good. I was worried that I was alone against Abban and Rod. I’m fairly certain they’re both corrupt.” Monec leaned forward, his hand on his chin and his elbow on his knee as he continued talking. “I’m not sure how we can get them both though. I doubt the constables will listen to you, what with having escaped prison.”

“Actually, I think I have a way.” He reached down between the seats, and withdrew Yosef’s Baton. The former Constable had told him where it had been hidden before he was released. “I did talk to Yosef, and he did tell me to kill. Just not Heatherlocke.”

Monec sat up straight, nervously eyeing the baton. “I wish I could say that I don’t want to kill them, but it would be a lie. I’ve already killed, and will do so again if it means my survival.”

That was all he needed. He had been right. The entire Senate was corrupt! Here was an honourable senator, blatantly confessing that he had already committed murder. He deserved to die, just like all the others. Biorney was careful to keep the smile on his face as he stood up. “I agree. We must kill the corrupt members of the senate.”

Monec sighed as he stood. “Could, you do it? Birney? I don’t want more blood on my hands.”

“Don’t worry Monec. I will cleanse the corrupt. Starting with you.”

“Wait, wh—”

The baton hit him right under the jaw, throwing him back on to the chairs. He cried out in pain as Biorney followed up with an overhand blow, smashing him in the ribs.

“The. Senate. Will. Be. Cleansed!” He emphasised each word with another blow to the head or chest. He stopped, panting as he watched the bloody body twitch. Still alive? He raised the baton above his head, gripping it with both hands, and smashed it into the senator's head.

He dropped the bloody baton and fell backwards, sitting on the floor as he caught his breath. Another criminal killed. All he had to worry about now was Wilson.

“There he is!”

Biorney nearly fell over as he tried to stand up and look behind him at the same time. Abban and Rod were at the end of the hallway, leading what looked like an entire squad of constables, including General Wilson. Abban was pointing having shouted out the exclamation. Wilson merely waved her constables forward.

“Get him boys.”

He cursed, grabbing his bloody baton and took up a defensive stance as the constables charged towards him. He was still tired from his exertions with  Monec, and it made him sloppy. He managed to block the first strike, knocking it away, but it left him open to another blow. He gasped as the air was forcibly driven from his lungs, and he felt his feet leave the floor for half a second. He stumbled back, desperately trying to bring his baton forward to block another blow. But three constables struck at once. One forcing the baton out of the way, the others going for his head and knee.

His vision went spotty as he dropped to his one good knee. He drew in one good breath, before another baton hit him under the chin, in the same place he had hit Monec. He fell backwards onto the floor, his four injuries screaming at him. He could barely feel anything else.

Something was happening to his hand and wrists, and he was dragged upright. They forced his arms behind his back, and somebody started to talk to him, but he couldn't hear over the ringing in his ears and the screams in his body. It was all too much. Just, too. . .

Wilson scowled as the murderer slumped in Rene’s and Wes’s arms. He had passed out. “Take him down to the holding cells. Release everyone else, except Cicero, Palpatine and Yosef. He was the last one unaccounted for.”

They both saluted, and Drake and Aaron stepped forward, grabbing a leg each. The four constables hurried away, the unconscious body carried between them. Finally, it was over. Now to deal with the survivors.

She turned to face Abban and Rod. Both of them looked sick, whether because of the bloody corpse of Monec, or the brutal fight they had just witnessed, she didn’t know. It hardly mattered. “Congratulations are in order Gentleman. The People of Elendel will hear of your heroism in this matter. One of you might even make Governor.”

They both nodded. It didn’t look like either of them were capable of speech at the moment.

She sighed. And waved them away. “Off with you now. I still have a lot of work to do.”

She turned back to where Biorney had fallen. Towards Yosef’s bloody baton. It almost seemed to mock her. A weapon of order and peace, covered in the blood of one it had been made to defend. She picked it up, and pulled a cloth out of one of her pockets to wipe it down, but then hesitated.

Palpatine, Chantelle, Cicero, Heatherlocke, Michael, Luna and Yosef. Men and women who had received Power, and let it destroy them. She picked up the baton, and hooked it into her belt. It wouldn’t be cleaned. It would be left stained with blood and hung above her new desk at the First-Precinct Office, as a warning and a promise.

Power corrupted, but Power can be taken away, far easier than gained.

Any more requests?

Edited by The Only Joe

Kind of combined these two.

Turn i[/size]: Finality in the Senate.[/size]

Bironey pasted a kind looking smile on his face as Miotes Monec rounded the corner and saw him. The man hesitated, but approached the chairs where Biorney sat. He stopped out of arm’s reach, folding his arms in front of his chest and looking around nervously.[/size]

“How did you get out of prison Biorney?”[/size]

Biorney leaned back, resting his head on the wall, and thought about what to say. “Governor Alron let me out before he was arrested. I don’t know where he found the key.”[/size]

Monec sighed, his shoulders drooping as he seemed to relax. He smiled and stepped closer, dropping into the seat next him. “Glad to hear it. I was worried Yosef had released you to kill Heatherlocke for vengeance.”[/size]

The man wasn’t actually that far from the truth. Yosef had convinced him to kill Heatherlocke if he escaped, but not for vengeance. For purification. “No. Completely off the mark. I’m still looking for corruption among the senators.”[/size]

“Good, good. I was worried that I was alone against Abban and Rod. I’m fairly certain they’re both corrupt.” Monec leaned forward, his hand on his chin and his elbow on his knee as he continued talking. “I’m not sure how we can get them both though. I doubt the constables will listen to you, what with having escaped prison.”[/size]

“Actually, I think I have a way.” He reached down between the seats, and withdrew Yosef’s Baton. The former Constable had told him where it had been hidden before he was released. “I did talk to Yosef, and he did tell me to kill. Just not Heatherlocke.”[/size]

Monec sat up straight, nervously eyeing the baton. “I wish I could say that I don’t want to kill them, but it would be a lie. I’ve already killed, and will do so again if it means my survival.”[/size]

That was all he needed. He had been right. The entire Senate[/size] was[/size] corrupt! Here was an honourable senator, blatantly confessing that he had already committed murder. He deserved to die, just like all the others. Biorney was careful to keep the smile on his face as he stood up. “I agree. We must kill the corrupt members of the senate.”[/size]

Monec sighed as he stood. “Could, you do it? Birney? I don’t want more blood on my hands.”[/size]

“Don’t worry Monec. I will cleanse the corrupt. Starting with you.”[/size]

“Wait, wh—”[/size]

The baton hit him right under the jaw, throwing him back on to the chairs. He cried out in pain as Biorney followed up with an overhand blow, smashing him in the ribs.[/size]

“The. Senate. [/size]Will[/size]. Be. Cleansed!” He emphasised each word with another blow to the head or chest. He stopped, panting as he watched the bloody body twitch. Still alive? He raised the baton above his head, gripping it with both hands, and smashed it into the senator's head.[/size]

He dropped the bloody baton and fell backwards, sitting on the floor as he caught his breath. Another criminal killed. All he had to worry about now was Wilson.[/size]

“There he is!”[/size]

Biorney nearly fell over as he tried to stand up and look behind him at the same time. Abban and Rod were at the end of the hallway, leading what looked like an entire squad of constables, including General Wilson. Abban was pointing having shouted out the exclamation. Wilson merely waved her constables forward.[/size]

“Get him boys.”[/size]

He cursed, grabbing his bloody baton and took up a defensive stance as the constables charged towards him. He was still tired from his exertions with Monec, and it made him sloppy. He managed to block the first strike, knocking it away, but it left him open to another blow. He gasped as the air was forcibly driven from his lungs, and he felt his feet leave the floor for half a second. He stumbled back, desperately trying to bring his baton forward to block another blow. But three constables struck at once. One forcing the baton out of the way, the others going for his head and knee.[/size]

His vision went spotty as he dropped to his one good knee. He drew in one good breath, before another baton hit him under the chin, in the same place he had hit Monec. He fell backwards onto the floor, his four injuries screaming at him. He could barely feel anything else.[/size]

Something was happening to his hand and wrists, and he was dragged upright. They forced his arms behind his back, and somebody started to talk to him, but he couldn't hear over the ringing in his ears and the screams in his body. It was all too much. Just, too. . .[/size]

[/size]

Wilson scowled as the murderer slumped in Rene’s and Wes’s arms. He had passed out. “Take him down to the holding cells. Release everyone else, except Cicero, Palpatine and Yosef. He was the last one unaccounted for.”[/size]

They both saluted, and Drake and Aaron stepped forward, grabbing a leg each. The four constables hurried away, the unconscious body carried between them. Finally, it was over. Now to deal with the survivors.[/size]

She turned to face Abban and Rod. Both of them looked sick, whether because of the bloody corpse of Monec, or the brutal fight they had just witnessed, she didn’t know. It hardly mattered. “Congratulations are in order Gentleman. The People of Elendel will hear of your heroism in this matter. One of you might even make Governor.”[/size]

They both nodded. It didn’t look like either of them were capable of speech at the moment.[/size]

She sighed. And waved them away. “Off with you now. I still have a lot of work to do.”[/size]

She turned back to where Biorney had fallen. Towards Yosef’s bloody baton. It almost seemed to mock her. A weapon of order and peace, covered in the blood of one it had been made to defend. She picked it up, and pulled a cloth out of one of her pockets to wipe it down, but then hesitated.[/size]

Palpatine, Chantelle, Cicero, Heatherlocke, Michael, Luna and Yosef. Men and women who had received Power, and let it destroy them. She picked up the baton, and hooked it into her belt. It wouldn’t be cleaned. It would be left stained with blood and hung above her new desk at the First-Precinct Office, as a warning and a promise.[/size]

Power corrupted, but Power can be taken away, far easier than gained.[/size]

Any more requests?

Amazing writeup! A bit of an implausible course of action for both parties, but it's interesting to see what effect it'd have :)

Out of curiosity, what priority does the baton have? (Meaning, even if we had voted for Biorney in the last round, would we have lynched him before he began the protocol?)

ETA: Anyone know when the next game is?

Edited by Bugsy6912

Amazing writeup! A bit of an implausible course of action for both parties, but it's interesting to see what effect it'd have :)

Out of curiosity, what priority does the baton have? (Meaning, even if we had voted for Biorney in the last round, would we have lynched him before he began the protocol?)

ETA: Anyone know when the next game is?

Oh, it is implausible, plus the baton happens at the same time as the dagger, so he would have been arrested before he could kill Monec. Arresting him would have prevented Downfall

Loved the writeup! :D

Say, do all your games have such complex and hidden rules?

By complex, I mean fun, of course.

So, Yosef caused Aman to turn to anarchy? What if we'd never arrested Yosef? Would Aman still have turned into a party of his own?

Moral of the game: Never arrest the GM or his/her RP character in game. It leads to a vengeful RP character causing a tie between everybody.

Say, do all your games have such complex and hidden rules?

By complex, I mean fun, of course.

So, Yosef caused Aman to turn to anarchy? What if we'd never arrested Yosef? Would Aman still have turned into a party of his own?

Most of them have complexr or hidden rules yes. See, I like lateral thinking, so I always put it into my games. Except the next one. The next game I run will be a minimalist game.

I had Yosef turn Biorney to anarchy because I didn't think Biorney would do it himself after the writeup where had been sent to jail.

• 1 month later...

Well folks, it's that time again.  Time to lock up another great game.  Once more Joe has outdone himself in creating a game that changes how we look and play these games.  I for one loved the ability to rob/drug/kill the GM that was introduced in this game.

Congrats to the Corrupt Senators, Lopen and Orlok for managing to take the game down to the last few players after having three of your teammates killed off.  I am sure that you could've pulled off a win if it wasn't for a certain bloodthirsty player with a dagger.  Ah well, next time.

Many thanks to all involved.  It is the community we have built here that truly makes these games fun and enjoyable.

If anyone would like to try their hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson, Metacognition or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well!

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

For those wanting to play, MR14: The Canim Fury is
 open for sign ups so feel free to join in the fun.

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to killing seeing you in future games!

Edited by Alvron