I disagree, Bugsy - my former colleagues in the senate may have failed to run the nation adequately, but, it would seem, they had the foresight to appoint one who could.

It stands as the single redeeming decision of the senate when considered with a catalogue of failure - and indeed, not all those who did vote for me are included in the group I condemn! My appointment was the work of a select few senators - my compatriots and fellow visionaries, along with a little persuasion and 'encouragement' of others.

Further, simply because I eventually managed to secure the governorship by the appointment of a group responsible for the destruction of society in the basin does not necessitate that I will cause the destruction of society. See how strongly I am opposed - does this not indicate the scale of my break from the past? I would ask that you judge me on my policies, if anything, Bugsy, as I have judged this senate.

Let's take two people. People who love cake. And people who love pie. (No-one can love both in this scenario, it's a cruel world)

The pie-lovers elected Orlok last minute, surprising the cake-lovers. 

The cake-lovers then managed to get rid of one of the pie-lovers. (Pie is bad in this world now too)

Orlok then proceeds to tell cake-lovers that he is all for the cake.

Cake-lovers don't believe him. After all, pie? 

I don't know why I did this.

Sorry guys, would love to continue this metaphor that is perfectly crafted but something has come up.

I promised Orlok I would be his Court Troll (because why not) if he made cool policies, and he kinda gave me immortality. What a cool guy.

This arrangement also includes being on his side.

Naturally, when I was first promised Immortality, I decided that I wouldn't be but instead make a clan of Court Troll's with rituals and stuff to decide who would be officially appointed. Like the Hunger Games of Trolling.

Then an even better idea came to me. I do that, but I take the immortality and just pretend to die. To make sure that no-one realizes I'm alive, I live underneath Orlok's throne.

He struggled to grasp the greatness of this idea, so I spent 10 hours making this diagram for him.

https://gyazo.com/6686975351ffc320f0a666a18bf0effc

So as you can see in the diagram, I can launch myself out of Orlok's throne. This would be saved for the greatest troll of all-time, where I would pop out of his throne and say something great, saving Orlok from the resistance that would be occurring at the time.

So yeah, also I have to commit to not doing anything bad against Orlok. Blame him for making me immortal. 

EDIT: There may be some lies in this. Wonder what they could be. :P

EDIT2: In other words, this doesn't affect the decisions that STINK makes (aka the actions and everything game-related).

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

Cicero, friend, I know that we have known each other since our childhoods, but I really would appreciate it if you called me by my name. Kyn was the nickname that my mother gave me, and it is not appropriate for such a setting, nor in such dire times. ( ;))

Here is my estimation of your proposals Governor.

Unversal Debt relief

This would not be economically sound. Elendel is already teetering on the brink of infrastructure collapse. We cannot afford to simply pay off lenders a portion of what they are owed. That action in itself would topple most of what has already been achieved. The amount of capital that the government would have to spend to pull this off is tremendous and out of our budget. Not to mention the ramifications from the angry creditors who lost half of their income. There would no doubt be riots and other economic consequences. People would flock into this very room lobbying for this act to be dissolved.

Land redistribution

This is a large scale project that would have to be funded either by the nobles that have invested in agriculture or by he government itself. With all of the changes that you have proposed, we will not be able to und it directly. I highly doubt that the noble's wil want to part with their wealth for such a project since it doesn't directly aid them. That leaves us witout funding.

You claim that the concentration of money here in Elendel is a problem, but I disagree. I have found that it is not the level of money, but rather the distribution. The noble class is inundated with money, and they squander it on fancy caviar, all the while the common folk are struggling to provide for their families. I would reccomend that the nobles have to pay a higher tax rate, and the revenue will be distributed among those who need it most. We already have a financial aid system in place, but it is inefficient and disfunctional. We need to institute a system to create more distributization.

Cuts in corporation tax and Tax relief to start-up companies

This isn't a bad idea. We will lose some of our revenue, but that can be made up for in other ways. It should help create either higher rates of employment, or higher wages, or else smaller changes in both. This is good. If we can equalize the ratio between citizen income and governmental tax income, we can change the city for the better. However, the tax relief to start-up companies will strain space in the city with all the new businesses that will inevitably appear. That means that we will have to expand the city, costing us a large amount of time and money.

Raising the VAT and individual taxation

Even if this does help compensate for the lower company tax income that the government receives, it will most definitely not bea popular act with the people. It will lower household income and cause many families to suffer. It will also cause general unrest as the people will start to complan and become discontent.

Elendel Defense force

Do we really need an another entire organization dedicated to the protection of Elendel? We aready have the Elendel Constabulary. Plus, what are you proposing for all of the other cities in the Basin? Are they to instate Defense forces of their own? Rather than simply making another military and peacekeeping force, why not just make a subsect of the constabulary dedicated towards keeping order and security? Find the main reason that the citizens of Elendel and the rest of the Basin are unsafe, and set them on fighting that. Hoever, this is all dependant on whether or not you can fund this new police force of yours. Where do you plan on getting the funds?

Concessions to the outlying cities

This is a good idea. I will fully endorse this project. It will encourage the outlying cities of the Basin to develop their infrastructure. It will be a strain on our resources at first, but it will result in a net gain by leting them be self-sustaining, giving them a monetary buffer against economic collapse.

Change in governmental process

This subject is the most worrisome in my eye. I do think that it would be good to be more representational of the public, but I do not relish the idea of political instability at this time, and neither do you. You yourself have stated that this government must be stable during this time, and changing the entire governmental decision process is not  going to be anywhere near stable. Not to mention The cost of such a project. Campaigns will take place, draining our resources and taking our energy away from the socio-economic problems that we are facing. Elections are not what Elendel needs right now. It needs a non-corrupt, decisive leadership.

But that brings up another point.

Following my coronation as Emperor of the Elendel Basin, the state shall provide free beer and wine to all citizens for a month. They have lived in persecution for too long, and this is to be a time of celebration.

You never said anything about a coronation or an empire. This goes against everything that you had just said about a democratic  parliament. Why would you say something like this when you just stated that you were instating elections and abolishing the hereditary senate? Emperors do not exist in the government that you had outlined earlier.

And later in that exact same sentence, you say that you would provide free alcoholic beverages to the public. Later, you went and stated that the police will even turn a blind eye to minors drinking alcohol. Have you heard of a law? They are the things that we make to keep the populace safe. Minor's drinking alcohol was deemed under no circumstances safe at all! Not to mention the ramifications of loosing unlimited free alcohol onto the people of Elendel! Drunken riots would fill the streets and the constabulary wouldn't be able to do anything about it! You would spend the governments entire federal budget on beer! Even if you just comandeered it from breweries and vinyards, you would be stealing the owner's only way of making revenue. They wouldn't be able to sell for an entire month! Even after that, they wouldn't have enough stock to make a living! And that's all assuming that you can even get their goods away from them without them turning violent and protective. This has to be the worst idea that I have ever heard from any governor ever.

In conclusion, Your policies will destroy the economy of Elendel and the Basin because the government just can't fund all of this. Your poor economic decisions are going to run this country intothe ground. I am sorry Cicero, but my friend, you can't stay in power.

Declan, my apologies for the belated response. You have misinterpreted a number of points I have made - particularly in regards to personal income tax, the representative senate and the political instability it would bring, and the true purpose of the Elendsl Defense Force, but I look forward to discussing this with you further.

(Actually, Kyn, you have successfully identified the key issues with the sort of government I proposed - which. I quite agree, would be madness - I purposely designed it to be a populist platform that created the tools and mechanisms of dictatorship - look at the 'representative assembly' - a body I only call advisory to myself, for instance! :P )

Unfortunately, we must move to business.

Stink, Bugsy, Stink.

Miotes, you stand as a roadblock in my path to dominion over the basin. Progress must prevail. Mark, Mark, Mark.

Turn 12: Fear in the Senate:

“Mind if we talk?”

Patience glanced away from his book to see the speaker. He set the book on the floor, and sat upright on the cot he had been provided. “What do you want Yosef?”

Yosef leaned against the doorframe, arms crossed and expressionless. “I want to know what you’re planning.”

“Funny, I could ask you the same thing.”

Yosef raised one eyebrow, but otherwise made no response.

Patience gestured to the small desk and chair that came with each cell. “Please, sit. We have much to discuss, both about my hopes for the future, and your plans for vengeance.”

Yosef pulled the chair away from the desk, and sat down carefully. “You first Patience. What do you have planned?”

“Patience my dear Constable, I have patience planned. All I have to do now is wait, and I’ll be released very soon.”

“You think the Constable-General will just let you go free, after you admitted to killing Machmuller?”

“He’s open to bribes.”

Yosef smirked. “No, she isn’t. Out of curiousity, what was your plan to deal with me?”

Palpatine squinted hard at the man. “What do you mean she?”

“Answer my question, and I’ll answer yours.”

He continued to stare, but answered hesitantly, still thinking about what had been said. “We didn’t need one. Once we had won, you would obey us. Even now, you won’t disobey the law to avenge your friend.”

“Wouldn’t I?”

“Actually, you might have. But it hardly matters now. We’ve won. Now, what did you mean by she?”

Yosef’s mouth turned upward just slightly. “Let me answer your questions with one of my own. You only think you’ve won because you believe the senators can’t win. Am I right?”

“Well, yes. If they lose, we win.”

“Now see, that’s where you’re wrong Patience. Some of them think like that, but others are more, vengeful. If they lose, you lose to. You get me?”

“What do you have planned Yosef?”

“You know what Downfall Procedure is of course.”

“If the Constables take too many casualties, they pull out of an area, regroup and replan. It usually ends in the arrest or death of every non constable involved. Why?”

“At least one other senator knows that as well.”

“What do you have planned old man?”

“Sometimes, sacrifices must be made. Wilson will make a good Constable-General, don’t you think? However temporary the position will end up being..”

Constable-General Heatherlocke’s foot hurt, and the wall was too blame.

So he kicked it again. It still hurt.

“Rusting, alloyed, impure, useless hunk of Talc!” He leaned backwards, pressing his back against the wall, then, looking around furtively, pulled out his new flask. He took a swig, and sighed as the pain in his toe began to recede.

“Tsk, tsk, Constable. Officers on duty aren’t supposed to drink.”

Heatherlocke jerked back and forth, trying to see who had spoken. “Who’s there?”

“A concerned party, who’s tired of the corruption in this senate.”

Heatherlocke slowly turned in a circle, surveying the entire hall. It was empty. “Well, I’m not a senator, so why does it matter?” There were only a few places someone could hide. The most likely one looked to be a small table, with a tablecloth hiding it’s legs.

“I am a kind of Survivor. The first Survivor brought down the government of Luthadel. He saw the corruption, the Wrongness, of the city, and he saved it.”

“Yeah yeah, we all know who what old Hathsin did.” The constable took a few quiet steps, grabbed the table’s edge, and flipped it over, revealing nothing.

“I always prefered the second Survivor. The Survivor of the Flames. He saw the corruption, and he burned it out. Fire is a cleansing force. Unfortunately, I can’t start a fire here. Too many constables I’m afraid.”

“Where are you?” He unhooked his baton from his belt, feeling more secure with it in his hands as he took more careful steps down the hallway.

“But then, I remembered Downfall. I realized, I didn’t need to set the fire. I could cleanse the corruption by spreading it until the people knew of it. They would set the fire for me. But fire needs two things, fuel and a spark.”

The hair on the back of Heatherlock’s neck prickled, and he looked up. Everything went brown as a shoe smashed into his face from above. He slammed into the floor and gasped as he head cracked against the hard wood. He groaned as his baton was pulled from his grasp.

“You will be my fuel Heatherlocke. You will be the tinder on which the spark turns to flame.”

Crack! Heatherlocke screamed as the baton broke his arm. He rolled desperately, but failed to avoid the next strike. Crack! His kneecap screamed at him on agony.

“We may all lose, but the people will win, and that is worth it all in the end. Goodbye Heatherlocke.”

The baton smashed into the back of his head, and everything went black.

Boom!

The Senators all jumped out of their seats as The doors were slammed open, and Constable Wilson strode in, flanked by four others with Batons out.

Governor Cicero, exhaled in relief, then smoothed his robes. “Constable Wilson, may I ask why—”

“You may not.” She snapped. “Constable-General Heatherlocke has just been murdered, and I have to figure out which of you did this. So, no one say anything, everyone just point and who you think is corrupt, so I can get back to my work.

Cicero bit his lip, then pointed at Miotes.

Miotes, Rod, Declan and Abban pointed back at him.

Wilson nodded once. “Right. Another Governor gets arrested. This is just great. Downfall will be happening any day now.” She pointed at him with her baton, and two constables peeled off the wall and approached him.

“Wait, I deserve a chance to speak in my defense! You can’t just, don’t walk out while I’m talking!”

The doors slammed shut behind Wilson and her guards as she left without a word.

Cicero looked out at the three grinning senators and scowled. “You all just wait, I’ll have my, my. . .” He frowned and looked around. “Where is Declan?”

The three senators glanced at each other, then Miotes stumbled away from them and pointed at the bloody corpse of Declan Tyndell, lying flat under his desk with a dagger sticking out of his chest.

“That doesn’t bode well.”

Orlok’Tsubodai was a Corrupt Senator and Governor!
You may now elect a new Governor!
Kynedath was killed!
Constable-General Heatherlocke was killed!
YOU MAY NO LONGER BUY ITEMS FROM THE CONSTABLES.

Votes
Orlok: 4 : Mark, Kynedath, Stink, Bugsby
Mark: 3 : Orlok, Orlok, Orlok,

Living/Unarrested Players Turn 12:

Senators:
IrulelikeSTINK - Rod Clintham  Me.
Bugsby6912 - Abban Prodestum
Mark IV - Miotes Monec

Escaped:
Amanuensis - Biorney Sanderson

Constables:
little’Wilson - Constable-General Wilson

Arrested players:

Senators:
ThatTinyStrawMan - Oromis
Adamair - Edris Calvert
Hellscythe - Ritt Momney
DeathClutch - Dyson Trump
Elbereth - Elentari
Mailliw - Liram
Alvron - Alron
TheMightyLopen - Senator Palpatine
Orlok - Cicero

Constables of the Law:
The Only Joe - Constable-General Yosef

Dead Players:

Metacognition - Governor Machmuller
Haelbarde - Constable-General Rab ‘open to bribes’ Heatherlocke
Ripplgylf - Chantelle Lepinceau
Curious Anamaximder - Naxia Venturus
Silverblade - Worge Gashington
Phattamer - Rodent Optimus
Firemuffin - Michael Flop
LUNA - Luna Arryn
Clanky - Vupreme Sermin
Wonko the Sane - Dr. Nowko Lestibournes
Master Elodin - Alexandra Rotec
Kynedath - Declan Tynedell

Edited by Alvron

Noooo!

This means Stink and bugsy are evil! I'm truly bad at this.

Anyways, got you, didn't I, Orlok? (I'm trying not to be a sore winner, but I'm just overjoyed.)

The game has not finished yet. Which is worrying.

So, aman, you've been quite thus far. What are your views?

EDITED FOR COLOUR

Edited by Mark IV

Lol Mark, you do realise I scanned Bugsby with a ledger that I got from Bugsby? So Bugsby knows I'm inno and I know that Bugsby is inno.

Also, I think Aman is just being quite cause in the end his vote doesn't count.

Mark. He's the only possibly corrupt senator, and since the game hasn't ended I have to assume he's corrupt. Hopefully Wilson isn't actually the corrupt one; if he is, we're pretty much screwed due to the whole uprising/civil war thing that happens if we arrest all of the constables Edited by Bugsy6912

I just checked the win conditions, it specifically says we must arrest all corrupt senators, so I think we're safe. The original writeup did make it look like there were only 2 Corrupt Senators, however, which would mean Mark would have to be innocent. If that's the case, the only possibility would be Wilson.

Joe, do constables count towards win conditions?

Edited by Bugsy6912

1) Orlok changed his vote from Lopen to me at the last minute. Presumably, that was done to cause a tie between players. You know who bribed everyone to vote for Lopen? Me. (Although I don't know who else bribed everyone)

2) I was part of the reason Orlok died. Come to think of it, so were you. If any of us had changed our votes last minute, there'd have been a tie, or, in the worst case, Orlok would have survived. I know everyone has gotten atleast one bag of boxings. Those were from me.

Aman, I ask you to use that drug wisely. I'm sorry if I inconvenienced you last turn. But, check my first post T10 for white text. I now have given you the power to decide this game.

But, something seems fishy. Either both stink and bugsy are evil, and they're playacting for no reason, or there's something/one that's a hidden mechanic.

If you're gonna lynch me, so be it. But, then make sure you win. Because, if you're innocent, then your win means my win.

I'm not entirely sure what to think. It's possible that both Bugsy and Stink are evil, since I think it does make sense for the team to be larger due to them not having a reoccurring kill. But it's also possible that you're evil, Mark, and that your plan was to kill Orlok to make yourself look good while casting suspicion on the others (only for that to be ruined by a Ledger). I suppose it's possible that just Bugsy is evil and he used the ledger on Stink to gain his vote. In two of these scenarios the Corrupt are bound to win, and that's what scares me the most. I just wish I could vote =\

Edited by Amanuensis

Hey, I used the ledger on Bugsy too. so it's either Mark is evil or Bugsy and me are. Either way, time to splash some cash.

EDIT: oh and bugsy, you can spend all your money on changing my vote to Mark :P

Edited by IrulelikeSTINK

I just checked the win conditions, it specifically says we must arrest all corrupt senators, so I think we're safe. The original writeup did make it look like there were only 2 Corrupt Senators, however, which would mean Mark would have to be innocent. If that's the case, the only possibility would be Wilson.

Joe, do constables count towards win conditions?

Constables do not count towards any win condition.

Well, I've just asked joe a couple (actually, a lot)of questions. The last one went like (this is paraphrased) -

So, what could be the possible scenarios where we aren't winning even though stink, me and bugsy are good? (I'm exploring all options)

His answer was along the lines of - think a little more logically. Then, you'll see.

And, I also confirmed that I haven't turned corrupt by some twist of fate.

And, I've also asked him whether all the hidden mechanics have come into play. He said that yes. They have.

But, he said they've been discovered, but by whom, he didn't state. Aman, are there any hidden mechanics that we don't know about?

I'm leaning more towards none of us being corrupt. So, there might be something we have yet to achieve.

EDIT: Question for GM. Is the hint in the original writeup correct? I'm referring to there being only two corrupt senators - patience (lopen) and scared (orlok).

Or is that too direct?

Edited by Mark IV

check my first post T10 for white text.

Pretty sure your first post that round was:

So, our four corrupt fellows have been revealed. That kind of coordination was just what I'd been hoping for.

Oh wait!

Lopen. You bribed everyone (almost). To kill Alv.

And, I suspect those were on your own team. Why would you risk losing money to outsiders when you could bribe your own team, and hence make them seem innocent?

Not seeing any white text