I have heard from the jail an explanation that satisfies me quite well. Yosef. Lopen. The constables have been implied to have killed the governor. Ask the arrested senators yourself. There is no corruption in the Senate, the corruption is in the constabulary!

Edited by Mailliw73

Sorry to double post, but I'm letting you all know that I will be in prison for the rest of this turn. Please don't arrest me until I get back next turn. I will hopefully have more information then, but for now, know that DC has learned of the corruption of the Constables, or at least of Yosef's.

Maill

Your lies are definitely not helping the village. As far as I recall having played (which is not much, admittedly), your lies haven't helped the village much (with the possible exception of you).

Rather, on the contrary, your lies already have killed one of our own, and I'd prefer if they didn't kill any more people. So, I'd say you be lynched.

I know I haven't said much this game, but, I'll try to. Having 3 games at once is hard.

One mistake in the OP -

It says Maill voted for himself. I'm pretty sure that's Elbereth there.

Aman thinks he's found the way to get somebody out of prison. Apparently, he was told that we were thinking 'too far outside the box' with our blue votes, and that the actual way out had been built into the game from the beginning. After some digging and thinking about wording, he found this:

Ties are a bit different. In the case of a tie. I will flip a coin for each player. If Tails come up, that player is arrested. If Heads comes up, that player is freed.

He'd like us to try forcing a tie between all the prisoners, to see any will be released. The GMs haven't given any indication whether this idea is right or wrong, but I feel it's worth a shot.

Maill. Aman.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

Well, to do that at this point, people would have to retract their votes from Mail and all vote for different people in jail. So how do we know that you aren't just an opportunistic eliminator trying to keep us from killing Mail?

You don't, really. You can contact Aman to confirm that it was his plan in the first place, though.

We can still lynch Maill, if you like, but I think we should try this sometime soon.

Edited by Wonko the Sane

He'd like us to try forcing a tie between all the prisoners, to see any will be released. The GMs haven't given any indication whether this idea is right or wrong, but I feel it's worth a shot.

Actually, that's just poor wording on my part. You can't vote on arrested players.

Sorry.

EDIT: Only one player may 'Visit' Jail per turn.

Edited by The Only Joe

Took a quick look through the rules and made these suggestions. I can say that I 100% believe that any of these ideas will work.

- Drug a Jailed player, Jailed player then drugs the Constable guarding them and breaks free.

- Stab a Jailed player, Jailed player's corpse then stabs the Constable and breaks free.

- Use 5 BoBs to buy a shovel from the Constables, send it to the Jailed player so they can dig free.

- Send a Ledger to a Jailed player, get Jailed player to use Ledger on the Guard, find out that the Guard is corrupt and swap places with the Guard.

- We all decide to make a new law about jailed Senators being able to free themselves.

- We make sure that Alv or Mailliw don't get 30 BoBs.

- Because they really want that.

- I mean, everyone does.

- But them especially.

- Like really, I'm a bit scared right now.

- Jail the Governor so he can electrocute the guards and break free with other inmates.

New knowledge from the mouths of the imprisoned!

• According to the introduction to the Jail doc, Haelbarde has a key to the holding cell.
  • Another guard (presumed to be Wilson) is guarding the cell.
  • Jailbreaking does not involve killing constables, but does require the use of some other items.
  • When we purchase items, we are purchasing them from Hael. These are the 'bribes' he is open to.

The prisoners (or at least Aman, who seems to be voicing group ideas) and I now believe that the method of escape involves acquiring that key from Haelbarde, and possibly removing Wilson from the equation.

I see two ways of getting the key. First, we could try to use a Search Warrant on Dr. Heatherlocke. Alternatively, someone could spend five bags of boxings on an item, and request the key to the holding cells.

Since the GMs have explicitly stated that killing is not a part of it, the only way we can think of to remove Wilson from her post, if that proves to be necessary, is by drugging her for the duration of the jailbreak.

Do you guys think this is what it's like in real Congress?