eszroth

Hey going from reading to thinking!

15 posts in this topic

Hey! 

I read the first three mistborn books a while ago and recently finished the other three after which I was left feeling the emptiness of not having a book to read. I Know a bit about the cosmere as my brother obsesses about it and I'm looking looking for a new book to read. I have thought about stormlight but I'm afraid to start while book three isn't close to being done (I hate waiting and it would kill me to finish the second and have to wait). I'm wondering if anyone can direct me to a list of the chronological order of the cosmere since that seems the logical path to follow. I've also read all of the Reckoner books already and loved them despite what people say about the ending to calamity. I think it was great. Anyways I'm glad to dive into this community!

umm, all I know is that mistborn (age 1) is thousands of years before stormlight, and mistborn (era 2) takes place around the time of stormlight books 5 or 6. 6th of the dust is the book farthest down the timeline.

Afraid thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Have a cookie!

umm, all I know is that mistborn (age 1) is thousands of years before stormlight, and mistborn (era 2) takes place around the time of stormlight books 5 or 6. 6th of the dust is the book farthest down the timeline.

Afraid thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

Actually, Mistborn is only a few hundred years before Stormlight.  SA arc one slots in at just before AoL, IIRC.

If you haven't read Mistborn Secret History yet I highly recommend it. It is awesome.

Have a cookie!

Stop! Don't take the cookies. They're spikey

If you count White Sand, then that's even before Elantris, and the first part is coming out in graphic novel form in June (or you can e-mail Brandon for the original prose version). If you count The Liar of Partinel, then that's the very first chronologically, and it's coming out in about 20 years or so.

Apart from that, Onceler is right, apart from a short story he skipped over, Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, which is about the same time as Warbreaker (it was before Stormlight, however).

If you haven't read Mistborn Secret History yet I highly recommend it. It is awesome.

Yeah I have read most of it but its kinda annoying having to read on my tiny phone or my computer haha

Elantris is a good book (obviously, who wrote it?) , and also works well as a stand alone for now. Added to the fact that it is the first timewise, I agree with you. Go read it!

If you count White Sand, then that's even before Elantris, and the first part is coming out in graphic novel form in June (or you can e-mail Brandon for the original prose version). If you count The Liar of Partinel, then that's the very first chronologically, and it's coming out in about 20 years or so.

Apart from that, Onceler is right, apart from a short story he skipped over, Shadows for Silence in the Forests of Hell, which is about the same time as Warbreaker (it was before Stormlight, however).

roughly the order, this is everything that has been published.

I just made it through Warbreaker! It was great and now I'm on to my next book but I was wondering about Perfect State which neither of you mentioned and is it before or after shadows for Silence and where do they fit in with the rest of the books?

I just made it through Warbreaker! It was great and now I'm on to my next book but I was wondering about Perfect State which neither of you mentioned and is it before or after shadows for Silence and where do they fit in with the rest of the books?

I'm pretty sure Perfect State is not Cosmere

I'm pretty sure Perfect State is not Cosmere

Correct, it is not.

....but totes read it anyway.

Correct, it is not.

....but totes read it anyway.

I mean, it's Brandon. Of course read it anyways.  :lol: