3/21/16 -krystalynn03- Roamwald C1-3 (3747)

krystalynn03

I'll have something in a while to submit, but it might be May at this point.  I've got a novel I'm editing currently, but then I'm going back to a novelette I plan on self-publishing later this year, and I'll need some feedback on that one!

Great! I look forward to it!

Okay, now you've got me wondering how many books you've writtin in this world. It's very early days of course, but the progression that you describe sounds interesting. I look forward to the next submission.

I've written five of seven, though in mixed stages of development, and I'm fonder of the later books in the series. This one starts off so simple and plain and predictable, but the others get more into society, while still holding onto the heart I set up in this little book (I hope).

Roamwald: 90% compete, but still rough, with some boulders that need removing

Lost Sons of Drescher: 95% complete, rough

Escaping Home: old original draft, not rewritten at all yet, 0% complete since splitting its plot off from LSOD

The Fifth Ward: 100% complete in its original draft, never seriously revised

Into Leviathan: 80% complete--couple chapters I'm not happy with

The Burning Heavens: In outline

Indigo Manifesto: pictures in my head

On Setting: I think there needs to be a caveat on Shadowfaxes comment about valleys. While most valley areas in the lea-side of a mountain are dry due to the rain shadow effect, this is not always true. The Okanagan Valley in BC while dry does have forests and does have an agricultural industry. It depends on how wide the valley is, what other sources of water there are (Even a narrow valley can be lush if you have a big river running through it), the actual land mass size and the location of the mountains within the land mass, weather patterns, altitude etc.

Deep tracks: I have potential problems with this depending on the snatcher physical description. I'll just say walking in snow above your knee without snow shoes is extremely hard and extremely tiring ( i know, i tried). 

Alcohol saving limbs: They did this on mythbusters. it saves limbs but increases risk of hypothermia i think.

I liked the pacing, and chapter breaks were fine for me.

POV Shift was fine, although i am with the others on it feeling like a prologue. 

I like the story, it was easy to read and the ending of Chapter 3 was good. That said don't feel like the hooks are completely sunk yet, but i am definitely not thrown out.

Cheers