Most powerful epic

Dragon314

So...

We know that Calamity or Prof are the most powerful (depending on how you look at it) but who would win in a fight, prof or steel heart AND obliteration. On the same note, how does prof match up with, say, the Lord Ruler or other cosmere characters?

Edited by Dragon314

This should probably go in the Calamity board with these spoilers. There's also really no other way to look at it, Calamity has every power. You can't beat him.

One does not simply defeat the Lord Ruler without divine intervention or a lot of knowledge about magic.

Are any of our three contestants allowed to use weaknesses?

This should probably go in the Calamity board with these spoilers. There's also really no other way to look at it, Calamity has every power. You can't beat him.

One does not simply defeat the Lord Ruler without divine intervention or a lot of knowledge about magic.

Are any of our three contestants allowed to use weaknesses?

Yeah, moved here for now.

Prof or Obliteration.

Obliteration isn't afraid of Steelheart probably so SH is dead.

And then it's a long battle.

I don't know about that, he's trying to hunt down all Epics for a reason, one could argue that that is at least slightly out of fear.

Other than that though I'd say it's pretty impossible to say that anyone would 'win'. Prof could probably trap Steelheart but that's not really a win, so whoever is the last to die of old age is the winner I guess?

Weaknesses are a bit hard to argue here but I think that if we just throw all of them into a brawl Prof would actually loose, given that he seems to be the only one that seems like he could be brought down by exhaustion, plus plain not being able to kill the other two might eventually trigger his weakness.

Prof.

I'm guessing not an all out brawl, and more like a round robin.

Steelheart v Oliberation

Oliberation

Given how Prime Invincibilities can be nullified with enough energy/nukes, I think Steelheart would die to Oliberation. Steelheart's main method of hitting people is using energy blasts, which Oliberation might be able to absorb. So I'm pretty sure Oliberation wins against Steelheart.

Oliberation v Prof

Prof

I think Prof could just grab Oliberation, then summon forcefields to squish Oliberation (or just punch Oliberation until he dies). Prof's healing keeps him from dying from the heat.

Prof vs Steelheart

Undecided

I'm not sure about this one, since both seem to have a hard time killing each other. It depends on whether forcefields can provide enough power to overcome Steelheart's invincibility. (Alternate method I thought of: Make a small, human shaped forcefield around Steelheart, then expand outwards to asphyxiate Steelheart, though it appears David is unaffected by lack of air or lack or air pressure or heat from friction of reentry, sooo... I don't know)

I like the idea of the round robin setup, but I think more information is necessary to definitively declare any one person more likely to win a a fight. However, I think obliteration would be able to win against either Prof or Steelheart.

Obliteration's primary method of attack involves releasing large quantities of thermal energy which propagate on electromagnetic waves, the same as light. Prof's forcefields are known to be transparent so they would let through large quantities of radiation and would be essentially bypassed. However, Prof has a second prime invincibility with the fastest healing of any epic. This would also prove useless because the radiation would hit his entire body at essentially the same time meaning he has no time to heal and gets killed instantly. From the fact that he is unable to revive Tia I assume his healing power would not be able to save him if every cell in his body died at the same time making him dead. As such Obliteration takes this victory if he can start the fight fully charged which he might be able to do with his teleportation (he implies travel is difficult when he is holding large amounts of charge).

As for obliteration vs Steelheart I don't think we know enough about Steelhearts invincibility to conclusively say whether or not high levels of radiation would kill him. However, in calamity David goes into the parallel world and meets with firefight there (this is when Tavi comes over and fights prof). We know that at that time Firefight, Tia and Steelheart (on the basis of power capabilities) were fighting obliteration. If the three of them together, (there could have been more "Reckoners") were unable to quickly dispatch obliteration then I don't think Steelheart would be able to beat obliteration because of his teleportation abilities giving obliteration the edge in any prolonged fight since he can just leave and come back another day when he is ready. That parallel world fight does have flaws however, because firefight mentions that they really need Tavi to come back, so I can only assume the plan required Tavi and went horribly wrong when she left, but it is the only time when obliteration and Steelheart are in the same fight.

This does not mean that I think obliteration is the most powerful epic, but I do think his abilities give him an edge in killing other epics, because he can bypass so many prime invincibilities as David himself even points out.

And yet Prof seemingly tanks an entire Obliteration-power-using bomb using his force fields, and since he was definitely saving people with that and we know his weakness, that still wasn't full power.

I mean, he doesn't block the whole thing, but what he did block did absolutely nothing to the barriers or anything behind them. And in combat he only has to shield himself. The blasts go in all directions, he only needs to make it go around him.

Edited by natc

Wow, I completely forgot that happened. That kinda ruins my entire assessment of that fight. So I guess I do not really know who would win in any of the fights. I guess the only thing I know for certain is if Sanderson wrote one of those fights it would be amazing.

I think an Atium enhanced Lord Ruler could catch Obliteration mid teleport, like how Megan kills Fortuity.  

I'm imagining TLR tricking Obliteration into materializing inside a wall or around the point of a knife. Is that what you had in mind? 'Cause I think that would be AWESOME.

I'm imagining TLR tricking Obliteration into materializing inside a wall or around the point of a knife. Is that what you had in mind? 'Cause I think that would be AWESOME.

Do we know how Obliteration chooses where he teleports to? If he could figure that out, something like that would be very feasible. For instance, spoilers for Agents of SHIELD:

There's a character named Boomerang (I think) that could move really fast for a short time, then snapped back to the point she started at. Once they knew that, they just hit her as she snapped back.

jW

Well when he intentionally teleports he needs to have seen the destination or know where it is in some way. When it's his danger sense teleportations though they probably happen before he could even react or it'd be useless. So I don't think you can even trick it.

• 3 weeks later...

Well the Lord Ruler essentially has a whole slew of super-powers.

-Super-speed (compounded steel feruchemy)

-Super-strength (compounded pewter feruchemy and Allomancy)

-Super-mental speed (compound zinc)

-Steelpushing/ironpulling (steel/iron

-Perfect senses (compounded tin)

-Emotional Manipulation

-Can be infinitely heavy/light

-Can be infinitely warm/cold, potentially to the degree that he ignites the air around him, although that depends how F-brass works

-Endless healing (compound gold)

-Precognition (atium)

I mean, this guy is so tough. He is.... wow.

Atium (combined with the strength and speed to use it) alone means that he can't really lose a fight. And there is a 100% chance that he wouldn't be scared of Steelheart, after a millennium of not fearing anything but Ruin.

Now, chances are Obliteration could avoid his attacks and teleport away, but if anyone has a chance of at least touching him gently before he can teleport away, its the Lord Ruler.

• 2 weeks later...

Well the Lord Ruler essentially has a whole slew of super-powers.

-Super-speed (compounded steel feruchemy)

-Super-strength (compounded pewter feruchemy and Allomancy)

-Super-mental speed (compound zinc)

-Steelpushing/ironpulling (steel/iron

-Perfect senses (compounded tin)

-Emotional Manipulation

-Can be infinitely heavy/light

-Can be infinitely warm/cold, potentially to the degree that he ignites the air around him, although that depends how F-brass works

-Endless healing (compound gold)

-Precognition (atium)

I mean, this guy is so tough. He is.... wow.

Atium (combined with the strength and speed to use it) alone means that he can't really lose a fight. And there is a 100% chance that he wouldn't be scared of Steelheart, after a millennium of not fearing anything but Ruin.

Now, chances are Obliteration could avoid his attacks and teleport away, but if anyone has a chance of at least touching him gently before he can teleport away, its the Lord Ruler.

He does have a lot of different powers but are those powers really up to High Epic standard? Not to mention that High Epics can more or less just keep going unless you know their weakness whereas TLR has definite limits on how long/intensely he can use his powers.

For example, Compounding Gold is like a Prime Invincibility except it will eventually be exhausted. After all even though TLR lived for centuries beyond his natural lifespan thanks to Compounding Atium he still needed to be old every so often.

More rules mean more limitations and weaknesses.

He does have a lot of different powers but are those powers really up to High Epic standard? Not to mention that High Epics can more or less just keep going unless you know their weakness whereas TLR has definite limits on how long/intensely he can use his powers.

For example, Compounding Gold is like a Prime Invincibility except it will eventually be exhausted. After all even though TLR lived for centuries beyond his natural lifespan thanks to Compounding Atium he still needed to be old every so often.

More rules mean more limitations and weaknesses.

Yeah, even if you can compund, there's only a limited amount of metal you can carry on your person. It doesn't help that Obliteration and Prof both have ways to destroy his metal reserves with relative ease. Steelheart too, although he would leave the Lord Ruler with steel, which is of limited use, if your opponent can trap you in the air with a tornado and you don't have gold to heal.

Yeah, even if you can compund, there's only a limited amount of metal you can carry on your person. It doesn't help that Obliteration and Prof both have ways to destroy his metal reserves with relative ease. Steelheart too, although he would leave the Lord Ruler with steel, which is of limited use, if your opponent can trap you in the air with a tornado and you don't have gold to heal.

Haha, I love it. I hadn't realised that Steelheart is the enemy of all the metal magics. Sorry guys, you're stuck with Steelpushing and speed storing from now on!

Haha, I love it. I hadn't realised that Steelheart is the enemy of all the metal magics. Sorry guys, you're stuck with Steelpushing and speed storing from now on!

Which to be fair are some of the most powerful abilities in their respective magic systems (Brandon really has a thing for steel, doesn't he?) and thinking about it a bit more, the limits on his powers would most likely mean he couldn't affect metalminds that someone is already wearing.

Which to be fair are some of the most powerful abilities in their respective magic systems (Brandon really has a thing for steel, doesn't he?) and thinking about it a bit more, the limits on his powers would most likely mean he couldn't affect metalminds that someone is already wearing.

They certainly are, and you're absolutely right about the limitations but it's much funnier to ignore that for a second and imagine Steelheart flying around ruining everything for Mistborns and Feruchemists.

• 5 months later...
On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎16 at 8:26 PM, natc said:

it, Calamity has every power.

yes, he does, but he's not an epic, hes something more along the lines of either a god or an angle

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎17 at 4:37 AM, Voidus said:

at least slightly out of fear.

nah, its pure insanity, he thinks he was sent by god to cleanse the earth

On ‎2016‎-‎03‎-‎29 at 6:50 PM, WestTea said:

releasing large quantities of thermal energy which propagate on electromagnetic waves

inorder to do something like this he would need about a week to absorb sunlight, and even then I don't think it would "melt" prof fast enough, as profs power is a bit like that of Deadpool's or wolverine's, where they could heal back so long as there is one cell remaining.

On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎20 at 2:09 PM, Edgedancer said:

the limits on his powers would most likely mean he couldn't affect metalminds that someone is already wearing.

True but he could still send an energy blast at him and destroy any external metals

8 hours ago, BrightVoid said:

As for your points on TLR not having the stamina

sure hes got a lot of stamina but he doesn't have epic proportions of stamina (pun intended, i'm sorry) where as epics seem to become more and more powerful as they use their power, TLR's power would slowly decrease as the other epics became stronger and more determine, his only hope would be to win the fight quickly at the beginning, though with atium he could probably predict obliterations teleport and kill him, and he probably wouldn't fear steelheart and would win that to, I doubt he could beat prof

Also, what are the circumstances of this fight? are these like gladiator fights for entertainment and they are stuck in the ring else they lose and their master will have them executed, or are they just fighting

(its funny to think that even after all the hate towards people who say 'is steelheart cosmere' this would still be a possible fight since cosmere is steelheart as there are infinite other realities that megan sees and she could probably arrange this by pulling people from different ones including the cosmere)