Hogwarts RP Discussion Thread

The Honor Spren

Name: Shannon Davies 

House: Slytherin 

Blood Status: Muggleborn 

Appearance: 5'6", fair freckled skin, angular face, black hair. Despite (or because of) current wizarding fashion celebrating long hair for women and girls, she wears hers cut at about chin length. It started as a joke between her and the hairstylist in Hogsmeade, about how she was never able to get creative with styling, and ended with Shannon being the only Slytherin girl (at the time) with short hair. 

Other: Recently named a prefect. Shannon knows the friction this will cause, but hey, she dealt with most of the haters her first year. Like Taylor Swift says, she's just gonna shake, shake, shake it off. 

Edited by TwiLyghtSansSparkles

Name: Elizabeth "Lizzie" Allred

House: Ravenclaw

Blood Status: Muggleborn, but her older brother was at Hogwarts a few years back. She still doesn't know how statistically unlikely it is to have two magical children in a family of muggles, but really wants to know.

Appearance: 4'10''. Dark hair, brown eyes, freckles. Shortish wavy hair around shoulder-length. She always cuts it at the beginning of summer.

Other: She really loves math and statistics and wants to know all the numbers on wizard populations as well as how magic can be traced in families. She would be a lot better at a lot of things if not for the internet, but at least she can tell you that potatoes are related to nightshade. Lizzie plays the clarinet and hopes there's a band at Hogwarts.

Name: Sir Higglesworth

House: None

Blood status: Portrait

Appearance: A tall, gangly knight with shoulder-length brown hair, astride a horse with a mean attitude. Can occasionally be seen stroking his goatee or getting bucked off of his horse.

Other: Guards a secret passage from the slytherin common-room to the kitchen, he occasionally chooses someone new to give his password to when he gets lonely. He also tends to wander a fair bit and visit other areas of the castle.

I guess? And it'salready a given, but I thought I'd say it anyway: No sparkles.

After that one student died and then came back as a sparkly vampire Hogwarts adopted a strict no sparkling policy.

Can someone remind me how vampires work in HP world?

I'd like to join, but my character would strongly depend on the decision: how much technology works in Hogwarts now? Do we have mobile phones? Do we have Internet access via mobiles or WiFi? I don't think there was a solid conclusion regarding those topics.

I only remember one being mentioned directly but from what I recall I think they're fairly typical pale skinned, dark haired, gaunt, fangs, like blood, get hungry around people, don't like garlic.

Great :D I want Ravenclaw 16 year old muggleborn that didn't lose contact with muggle world and is using his phone and laptop with ease, learning about muggle science, about programming in his free time. I'll post more about him later  :ph34r:

After that one student died and then came back as a sparkly vampire Hogwarts adopted a strict no sparkling policy.

Watching the fourth movie in hindsight, you realize Barty Crouch Jr. was the hero all along. It wasn't a Death Eater trying to revive Voldemort; it was the Doctor in disguise trying to stop the rise of emotionally abusive sparkly vampires. -_-

Watching the fourth movie in hindsight, you realize Barty Crouch Jr. was the hero all along. It wasn't a Death Eater trying to revive Voldemort; it was the Doctor in disguise trying to stop the rise of emotionally abusive sparkly vampires. -_-

I would dearly love to adopt this headcanon but it means I'd have to consider Tennant as always the doctor and then his role as Kilgrave becomes slightly awkward.

I haven't had time to read this. Sorry; work got busy.

I have one small character quirk though...my guy is called "Rob". And is very insistent that it's " Rob", not "Robbie", etc.

So, okay, it seems like it's short for Robert and he doesn't like that for some reason...

It's actually short for 'Robin', and between Boy Wonder jokes, and the fact it's commonly seen as a girls name these days, he hates it.

Vampires never made any appearances in the original series, so we never got an idea of how they worked. But I think it was always assumed that they're close to their classical portrayal—not sparkly, weak to garlic and wooden stakes, not sparkly, pale, drink blood, not sparkly, somewhat sinister, and not sparkly. 

I would dearly love to adopt this headcanon but it means I'd have to consider Tennant as always the doctor and then his role as Kilgrave becomes slightly awkward.

Hadn't thought of that. :wacko: Unless Kilgrave is also an illusionist who made himself look like David Tennant to give the Doctor a bad name. :ph34r: 

Vampires never made any appearances in the original series, so we never got an idea of how they worked. But I think it was always assumed that they're close to their classical portrayal—not sparkly, weak to garlic and wooden stakes, not sparkly, pale, drink blood, not sparkly, somewhat sinister, and not sparkly.

One or two appeared at Slughorn's Christmas Party.

and do they burn in sunlight?

I think I'll go by the assumption they do burn in direct sunlight. The site I looked at simply said they couldn't do out during the day.

Otherwise, here's his profile;

Name: Chas End

House: Hufflepuff

Blood Status: (Mostly) Pureblood

Appearance: Very pale, with pure white straight hair, and black eyes.

Other: He tends to sleep through classes he doesn’t care about. He even struggles to stay awake during the ones he does like. He is irritable and grumpy all times except for dinner and right before bed, when the sun goes down. His most preferred class is Care of Magical Creatures, and Astronomy is a close second. He does well in Defense Against the Dark Arts and Potions. He’s a vampire, so he wears gloves, a cowl and a mask that covers the lower portion of his face during the day.

I'd vote Platform 9 3/4, but I'd be fine with anything.

Seconded, diagon alley might be interesting but I'd say keep it out for now so the setting is more stable and we're not waiting on people all the time to advance the story from diagon alley to the station to the train to the school, etc.

If it really gets off the ground a trip to Hogsmeade would be cool though.