Hogwarts RP Discussion Thread

The Honor Spren

20 minutes ago, Nashan'Elin said:

Should I just time-skip from the train to the Great Hall, since in my last post my character was still on the train?

If you don't want to describe getting out of the train etc. then I think a skip is fine. It's up to you, I think no one will be confused :)

2 minutes ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

YAY!

So...I think I'll just make it that my character was...too sick for the Hogwarts express.

Yes. And the train lady had to pick me up in her Cadillac.

Yes, my character frequently gets sick.

I think the train is spread out enough that they didn't have to not be on it, they just wouldn't have been in any of the 3 or 4 compartments that the others were in.
But if that's just because you want a sickly character backstory then I'd say that's fine too.

Any chance of a character profile? Age, house, year, blood-status, interests, etc.

2 hours ago, Darkness Ascendant said:

Lol how? The magic should be interfering with it

Well wizards can get tech to work, judging by the various cars, trains and other tech that they can make use of. It just takes some extra effort.

1 hour ago, Voidus said:

Well wizards can get tech to work, judging by the various cars, trains and other tech that they can make use of. It just takes some extra effort.

it was in Hogwarts: a History p sure.

It said that technology would frazzle as it got close to the castle, especially location tech....I'll roll with it.

is this like some Deep Web crap except for wizards? XD

Just now, Darkness Ascendant said:

it was in Hogwarts: a History p sure.

It said that technology would frazzle as it got close to the castle, especially location tech....I'll roll with it.

is this like some Deep Web crap except for wizards? XD

It's not specific to Hogwarts, it's mentioned multiple times that heavily magical places interfere with muggle technology but the Hogwarts Express works fine, as does the Weasley car and there's an entire department in the ministry devoted to stopping people messing with muggle stuff so while just a regular mobile phone wouldn't work I'm pretty sure wizards could make one that does.
That being said Hogwarts is enchanted to be Unplottable so yeah gps definitely wouldn't work.

Just now, Voidus said:

It's not specific to Hogwarts, it's mentioned multiple times that heavily magical places interfere with muggle technology but the Hogwarts Express works fine, as does the Weasley car and there's an entire department in the ministry devoted to stopping people messing with muggle stuff so while just a regular mobile phone wouldn't work I'm pretty sure wizards could make one that does.
That being said Hogwarts is enchanted to be Unplottable so yeah gps definitely wouldn't work.

Deep Weeeebbbb

I was reading back through and noticed we'd created a new headmistress but according to wiki's at least, McGonagall should still be head until 2020, thinking we should probably decide what we're doing with this soon if people are going to be coming into the great hall so that we can describe it properly.
@The Honor Spren?

3 hours ago, Voidus said:

I was reading back through and noticed we'd created a new headmistress but according to wiki's at least, McGonagall should still be head until 2020, thinking we should probably decide what we're doing with this soon if people are going to be coming into the great hall so that we can describe it properly.
@The Honor Spren?

McGonagall stays head until 2020? :blink: Wow, she's old.

Ehm, if I remember correctly, it was @Mestiv who created her? Wasn't she Viktor's aunt? I like McGonagall and we all know her, so it would be easy to describe her. But I don't want to erase part of Mestiv's backstory. Alternatively, we could just make her a teacher.

Edited by The Honor Spren

Mine starts with 'E', but I think there are others before that. There certainly used to be.

EDIT: Mistrunner's and TwilightsansSparkles' character's last name's both end with letter before 'E' (A and D respectively, I believe.)(I think)

Edited by Clockwork