Neutral Good = ?
Lawful Good = Dalinar

Chaotic Neutral = Kelsier
Neutral Neutral = Hoid
Lawful Neutral = Nalan

Chaotic Evil = Zane
Neutral Evil = Rashek
Lawful Evil = Sadeas

Likely I've labeled some of these in ways that are not optimal and a few I couldn't think of great examples. Any input on who the Paragons of alignment are? Would love to hear thoughts.

Edited by Bryce Carmony

Chaotic good = Kelsier

Neutral Good = ?????

Lawful Good = Dalinar

Chaotic Neutral = Hoid

Neutral Neutral = ????

Lawful Neutral = Nalan

Chaotic Evil = ??????

Neutral Evil = Rashek

Lawful Evil = Sadeas

Likely I've labeled some of these in ways that are not optimal and a few I couldn't think of great examples. Any input on who the Paragons of alignment are? Would love to hear thoughts.

I'd probably put Vin at Neutral good and I'd hesitate to put Hoid anywhere since we really have no idea what he's up to. From the perspective of certain characters he's neutral but I strongly suspect he has an alignment one way or another.

I'd probably put Vin at Neutral good and I'd hesitate to put Hoid anywhere since we really have no idea what he's up to. From the perspective of certain characters he's neutral but I strongly suspect he has an alignment one way or another.

Based on his discussion with dalinar and his willingness to destroy an entire world to accomplish his aims I'm going to say that's pretty neutral. To me he seems like the Revolver Ocelot of the cosmere.

Based on his discussion with dalinar and his willingness to destroy an entire world to accomplish his aims I'm going to say that's pretty neutral. To me he seems like the Revolver Ocelot of the cosmere.

But if his aims are ultimately for the good of the cosmere that would be chaotic good, he's willing to let one world burn to save the others.

I would think Kelsier is more Chaotic Neutral, but Chaotic Good works, I suppose. The only character I can think of for Chaotic Evil is Zane.

Ohhh good one. Brandon dOesn't do a lot of CE because I think it's Kind of boring "I'm eVil for the sake of being eVil"

I'm actually in the process of making an alignment chart based on Cosmere characters right now.

Lawful Evil: TLR

Lawful Neutral: Szeth

Lawful Good: Vin

Neutral Good: Harmony

True Neutral: Stick

Neutral Evil: Ruin? If so, I could only find the atium symbol.

Chaotic Good: Kelsier/Kaladin (can't decide)

Chaotic Neutral: Nightblood

Chaotic Evil: Zane/Odium

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good D&D Alignment Chart maker?

I'm actually in the process of making an alignment chart based on Cosmere characters right now.

Lawful Evil: TLR

Lawful Neutral: Szeth

Lawful Good: Vin

Neutral Good: Harmony

True Neutral: Stick

Neutral Evil: Ruin? If so, I could only find the atium symbol.

Chaotic Good: Kelsier/Kaladin (can't decide)

Chaotic Neutral: Nightblood

Chaotic Evil: Zane/Odium

Also, does anyone know where I can find a good D&D Alignment Chart maker?

I really like Szeth Lawful neutral that was a good one. rofl Neutral Neutral stick 

by that definition Amaran is good :P evil for the sake of what you call good is neutral.

Except he's not burning the world he's just ignoring it, so he's more being neutral for the sake of good.

Personally, I would not call TLR Lawful Evil, he was trying his best to save the world from Ruin. He simply used less than questionable means to do it. Even Elend admitted that TLR's methods, while cruel were necessary to his task. I'd put him Lawful Neutral, he means the best but slips into evil. And he creates and obeys laws. That's where I'd put him on a spectrum

Personally, I would not call TLR Lawful Evil, he was trying his best to save the world from Ruin. He simply used less than questionable means to do it. Even Elend admitted that TLR's methods, while cruel were necessary to his task. I'd put him Lawful Neutral, he means the best but slips into evil. And he creates and obeys laws. That's where I'd put him on a spectrum

Maybe "Rashek" could be Lawful Neutral but TLR (who he became 1,000 years later) pretty evil.

TLR had a law that was "you can rape skaa as long as you make sure you kill them afterwards."  He may have had the best intentions for the human race as a whole, but he's still undoubtably evil.

If you want an interesting analysis of how a "humankind must survive" attitude doesn't make you any less of an evil human, read Out of the Silent Planet by C.S. Lewis.

It's hard to say if TLR is lawful evil or neutral evil -- he's a stickler for the rules, but only because they're his rules.

Current OP list is really good.  But I'd definitely list Vin as chaotic good -- remember that time she upended a parliamentary government to make her BF into an emperor?

Vasher is probably a better Neutral Good.  

Vin is the epitome of Preservation. Kelsier is much more chaotic. Kelsier will save the world or even the universe, if only because he wants it to happen. If he wants something to happen, there is literally nothing he won't do, from killing noblemen to effectively committing suicide by immortal tyrant.

On second thought, would Kaladin be better for Lawful Good, what with the Ideals and protection?

Vin is the epitome of Preservation. Kelsier is much more chaotic. Kelsier will save the world or even the universe, if only because he wants it to happen. If he wants something to happen, there is literally nothing he won't do, from killing noblemen to effectively committing suicide by immortal tyrant.

On second thought, would Kaladin be better for Lawful Good, what with the Ideals and protection?

I wouldn't argue kaladin as being more lawful than dalinar though

Not really, she's just the most connected to Pres. She was chosen because she can do what Pres can't, kill people. Which she does a lot of.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry, but Nalan as Lawful Neutral? lol no.

Remember, he's killing people because they're Radiants, the breaking the law is just the excuse within the framework he operates, as he refuses to kill unlawfully. I would definitely peg him as Lawful Evil.

Arguably Szeth is Lawful Neutral, at least for people who find him sympathetic. (I personally think that SA fans give him too much credit, and judge him about as harshly as Kaladin did)

I'm sorry, but Nalan as Lawful Neutral? lol no.

Remember, he's killing people because they're Radiants, the breaking the law is just the excuse within the framework he operates, as he refuses to kill unlawfully. I would definitely peg him as Lawful Evil.

Arguably Szeth is Lawful Neutral, at least for people who find him sympathetic. (I personally think that SA fans give him too much credit, and judge him about as harshly as Kaladin did)

He's trying to stop the desecration but now it's happened so we'll see what happens

He's trying to stop the desecration but now it's happened so we'll see what happens

Desolation?

Sure, but that doesn't make him Lawful Neutral, as he was killing people with flimsy evidence that it would meet his personal goal- and whoops, turns it that it was correlation not causation that the radiants start appearing in greater numbers before desolations. Doing bad things for good reasons doesn't make you neutral, it makes you evil but with good intentions.