If you could create a misting character for a book to follow, who would they be and what metal would they burn?

Bowiespoon

You kind of stole mine...(see the long since forgotten guild "hazekiller corp")...but I guess great minds think alike.

Anyway...how about...a Tineye who is a high stakes card player.  

He uses his hightened senses to notice subtle changes in his opponents' dialation, heartrate, breathing, etc...in order to detect impossibly subtle tells...he acts as a kind of robin hood charcter that targets morally corrupt upperclass members and redistributes his ill gotten winnings to the poor.

He follows in the footsteps of Spook and has learned to use his hightened senses to get kind of a blind samauri thing going on...and as a result is a master of unarmed combat.

Meanwhile, he lives an extremely austere lifestyle, and leads a second life as a priest in charge of an orphanage.

Edited by hoidhunter

I would love to see a story about a Nicroburst crew member. Something like... they could pretend to be a non-Misting nobleman/woman (or other position of power) who hires Mistings to protect them, but in fact they are orchestrating the whole thing and acting as the ultimate support crew member.

I'd love to see a bronze compounder right after the Final Ascension. They could be like, working for Spook and Ham and them, and then they could be torn between helping make the new world and protecting their family or something.

And they could be called 'The Sentinel'. It'll be great.

Edited by Kynedath

I'd like to see some of the Ferrings shine. Like Determination (don't remember which metal that is).

Determination is electrum. And yeah, a determination ferring would be cool. Frankly, either Allomantic or feruchemical electrum would be nice, since we haven't really seen either. I mean we technically saw Allomantic aluminum in HoA, but it was for a few seconds and was confused by the fact that what Vin saw changed because the inquisitor was burning atium.

I'd like to see a Chromium misting get some attention. Seeing how they would fight and get close enough to touch other Allomancers would be pretty great

I feel like a prostitute who was also a Chromium Misting would be quite the deadly assassin...

I would like to see an Iron Compounder. By compounding his mass, he could deliver deadly blows (and probably break his fists in the process). (F=ma)

Plus he would be able to scale buildings with more ease, making it easier to escape/chase Coinshots.

EDIT: Oops; did not realize that the post is only mistings. Sorry.

Edited by Eccentric Hero

A couple other people have said Chromium, and I agree with that... as a start. But he uses their Allomancy to catch other Allomancers, then steal their power with Hemalurgy. He's stalking powerful Mistings all over the world, waiting for the opportunity to strike and steal their power. And with each kill, he becomes more powerful, more unstoppable, and more unstable.

Also, played by Zachary Quinto.

Determination is electrum. And yeah, a determination ferring would be cool. Frankly, either Allomantic or feruchemical electrum would be nice, since we haven't really seen either. I mean we technically saw Allomantic aluminum (guesssing you meant electrum) in HoA, but it was for a few seconds and was confused by the fact that what Vin saw changed because the inquisitor was burning atium.

Ah thanks, and I totally agree.  Sanderson continually asserts that Allomantic electrum isn't that useful (in-universe, I admit), but it seems like it would have sooo much potential.  Worse than Atium?  Of course.  But probably as good as Pewter in a gun fight.

I feel like a prostitute

Out of context quotes are funny (sorry I couldn't resist).

Edited by Pechvarry

Electrum is weird, for a number of reasons. For example, it allows you to see shadows of yourself in the future...but are those shadows also acting as if they are burning electrum, and seeing their shadows? Because then you are seeing your future selves react to their future selves, who are reacting to their future selves, who are reacting to their future selves...

If Twinborn are allowed, I would like to see an A-Electrum/F-Zinc combination: Flare electrum while deep-tapping zinc during combat, and use the combination of improved mental speed and intuition to reconstruct future events from your electrum shadows--a kind of pseudo-atium.

If not, I still want to see an Electrum savant, as it would probably still be very interesting. 

Edited by Three1415

I would love to see a Bendalloy-A, Steel-F Twinborn. If they had enough Bendalloy, it would be much easier, I think, to store Speed without the huge drag of moving in slow mo, and burning the Bendalloy whilst tapping speed would make you comparatively SO quick!

Even though it's about mistings, I just can't resist throwing this out there. A one-punch man style story starring the one and only.... Lord Ruler. Just a collection of short stories like this would be amazing. 

Edited by Onceler

Even though it's about mistings, I just can't resist throwing this out there. A one-punch man style story starring the one and only.... Lord Ruler. Just a collection of short stories like this would be amazing. 

which does beg the question..... Why can't harmony just give a guy the same power as the Lord Ruler? Seems like wax would have a much easier time of things.....

which does beg the question..... Why can't harmony just give a guy the same power as the Lord Ruler? Seems like wax would have a much easier time of things.....

Giving one person massive amounts of power upsets balances, deprives people of making the optimal number of choices for themselves.  Against Harmony's MO.

Well... TLR did one punch Kelsier.

When Marsh tried to attack Rashek, all he did was one attack which send Marsh flying across the room.

Now we just need to send TLR to Roshar to OnePunch chasmfiends.

. . . I actually wouldn't be surprised if he could decelerate meteors with steelpushes alone actually.

Wax's weightpushing trick at the end of AoL, applied with TLR's sheer power and expertise?  not only could he blast it out of orbit if he chose but he could probably pick which rebellious skaahole he wants it to land on (Urteau), then lower it gently enough to squash the Citizen and his ilk without too much disturbance to the surrounding villages.