That being said, Stink AND Lopen were both hit men? I knew Stink was a kill role but him too? Gosh, what was the Evanescent advantage supposed to be?

Information. 

Each faction had an advantage in a field: Blood Tyrants had the kills, PD Watch had protection, and Evanescents with information. Dano was supposed to give you an extra life as well as kills, but we saw how that went. We also messed up and didn't give you a Harmsway like we meant to.

That being said, Stink AND Lopen were both hit men? I knew Stink was a kill role but him too? Gosh, what was the Evanescent advantage supposed to be?

Might have been something to do with information? Or being full of awesome members in general.  :P

Information. 

Each faction had an advantage in a field: Blood Tyrants had the kills, PD Watch had protection, and Evanescents with information. Dano was supposed to give you an extra life as well as kills, but we saw how that went. We also messed up and didn't give you a Harmsway like we meant to.

Ah, fair enough. Too bad we couldn't take advantage of it as much as I would have liked (how dare you trust the GA over me, Mark :P). And I still can't believe the Elkanah-Mark-Dano situation. I find it ironic that the most logical reason I had for lynching someone turned out to be the one that was wrong. Oh well, good game everyone! I enjoyed not dying early as a villager and actually being able to help for once.

Ah, fair enough. Too bad we couldn't take advantage of it as much as I would have liked (how dare you trust the GA over me, Mark :P). And I still can't believe the Elkanah-Mark-Dano situation. I find it ironic that the most logical reason I had for lynching someone turned out to be the one that was wrong. Oh well, good game everyone! I enjoyed not dying early as a villager and actually being able to help for once.

Yeah, there were some strange luck based scenarios in this game that changed it quite a bit. Elk just guessing his faction was one of them. :P

Some of my thoughts:

First, I didn't realize the meta was so shifted onto eliminators. I expected players to begin to negotiate with the GAs of their enemy faction, as the Blood Tyrants don't want the Watch's GAs to die or the Evanescent Epic(s) to die, they need only their GAs to be killed. But no one really negotiated with other factions much. Though Meta tried, it was too late. So I should've beefed up the eliminator team, as with their current team, they didn't have much chance with all three factions focusing on them. I expected the faction game to play more into the early game, not just the endgame. 

Also, people used the point based actions more than their own pretty often. The hit men never used their powers till now. Only the protections really used them consistently. So people had random piles of points they never used. 

Third, I know we screwed up on counting points, especially with the bonus for lynching/killing those for your win con. :P I also messed up on Elodin's teleporting often. I didn't pay as much attention to that as I should've. :P Though, I didn't mind you guys thinking there were more Epics.

I'm mostly wondering if we can really trust that scan on Shallan. After all why would it be revealed when it could give the Neighborhood watch what they need to win? Wouldn't Elb have waited until we were ready to kill all the rest of the players do ensure the group win?

If I'd thought of it...

Taniel Two-Shot was poisoned. As a result, the Blood Tyrants have won!

I have mixed feelings about this. Um. Yay?

Nice work Gang.

As Commander of the Blood Tyrants I hereby lay claim to the City or Portland. Long shall we Reign.

And in honour of the fallen, I rename the Blood Tyrants to the Ghostblood Tyrants.

#Ghostbloods4life.

I approve.

Overall, great game everyone. Meta, you had me completely fooled (though that's not a surprise), but thanks for the group win idea.

I really liked how we got to do a lot of planning and orchestration this game, though I'm sad that it didn't play out to completion like I would have wished.

Now to go read the evil doc. Immediately.

Edited by Elbereth

I would've negotiated with other factions GA's I think. They just should have claimed to me. :ph34r: I'm not that good at catching eliminators, so I'm not gonna go around saying "hey, I'm willing to work with my enemy factions GA's, so PM me and let's have fun." I'm pretty sure I would have been lynched right away.  :P I will say though, that being a Hit Man made me feel that I didn't need a GA ally, since I could make my own kills. That's why I revealed Meta. Because he was in my faction and active, while Sart wasn't(which is a shame really. The GA's were very inactive.).

I didn't kill anyone with my role to begin with because I wasn't aware of who was in what faction until Meta told me. I literally only knew a handful of players' factions. I also kind of liked keeping that ace up my sleeve for a special occasion.  ;)

Sorry, Elb. I would’ve revealed myself to you, but you said that you weren’t willing to play the faction game at all, so I revealed to Lopen because I stood the best chance of getting him to help me live

Definitely the better decision, to be honest. Though, I would have been conflicted about revealing you. It would be like pulling the trigger on the person who just handed you the gun. So maybe I would have worked with you? Only if you argued it really well, though. Probably best not.

Special commendations to Meta (both for convincing me of your innocence the whole time and for the idea of the group win, which worked out rather differently than you would have hoped, I'm guessing) and Kynedath (for being completely unsuspicious the whole time). Also Aman and Lopen, for various plans and schemes that made the game much more interesting. Nicely done!

Good game everyone (as if that isn't the most overused line :P)

It was fun sitting on the sidelines this time.

Now, Makow is just sitting in the lab, having locked himself in with supplies.

Congratulations Blood Tyrants. You win. -__-

When is the next LG?

Anyways, now I'll go on ahead and read the docs.

I actually didn't think we'd win by killing Strawman. Alv was an Epic that could scan players and he scanned Strawman and learned he was an Epic, and I had PM'd him with my Cycle 4 PM and told him I was a Hit Man and gave him the faction list. So he scanned Strawman, told me he(Strawman) was an Epic, I headed to the Ferry, guessing that's where Strawman was going based on his previous locations and poisoned him. I really thought the Neighborhood Watch had another Epic though, so I wasn't actually trying to finish off the game with that kill. No regrets though, since the Neighborhood Watch might have won if they'd just overpowered the lynch.

Edited by TheMightyLopen

The Lab was destroyed.  You didn't think we were going to leave all those chemicals just lying around did you?

That does not sound safe... I wonder how long it'll be before the Blood Tyrants conscript him.

NEVER!!!

If you won't join us, we will have to make an example of you. :ph34r:

BTW, Maill, what did destroy the Lab and Pool?

As a epic this was my power and weakness:

Power: water manipulation, can cancel a vote, roleblock, or find out all the players in one room.

Weakness: Chemicals, if in warehouse/lab 75% chance your vote will go on a random player.

My Epic powers:

Precognition: Can learn the gang and role of a player. If your target is in the Pub, you will also learn if target player is a Government Agent
Weakness-Peer Pressure: If in City Hall/Government Building 50% chance of learning the gang and role of another random player. You will not be told that your target was switched.

Still think the Epic known as Jack Daniels should've been included. :P  What other types of Epics could players have become Maill?

• 1 month later...

I wish I had more time to put in some final thoughts for this game, but alas, tempus fugit. 

This game was a lot of fun. I really liked the map and locations, even if it did make our job that much harder to try to kill everyone. Even with the locations though, I think we could've still pulled off the win if it wasn't for our horrible luck! Every one of our strong roles died right before we could use them. We lost Wonko with the Harmsway right off the bat and then Elk didn't even have a chance to gain an extra life from Mitosis before she died. So many missed opportunities.  :D

Congrats to the Blood Tyrants. Really wish Lopen would've taken me up on my offer to help them though. I would've become a full blown gang member, promise! :P

Now, as always, if anyone would like to try your hand at running a game, please get a hold of GammaWilson,  Alvron, or myself. Not only will we get you added to the list, but I'm sure we'd be more than willing to help out in any way we can as well!

You can also ask questions and get some hints and feedback from everyone over here in our Art of Game Creation thread as well. With all the games that we've run so far, we have plenty of experienced GMs that can help you refine any game you're thinking about!

Thanks again to everyone that played and we look forward to seeing you in future games! 

Edited by Metacognition