"City Hall: In City Hall, you can attempt to steal any number of points from another target gang bank. There is an X% chance you’re caught and put in jail where X is based on the number of points attempting to be stolen. (Actions for the next cycle will not go through if you are jailed.) People voting during the lynch residing inside the City Hall will count twice."

Do the points stolen/chance of being caught correspond exactly? For example, if I try to steal 10 points from another gang, do I have only a 10% chance of being caught?

If I go to Jail, do I still get the points? (Probably not, I'm just clarifying.)

"City Hall: In City Hall, you can attempt to steal any number of points from another target gang bank. There is an X% chance you’re caught and put in jail where X is based on the number of points attempting to be stolen. (Actions for the next cycle will not go through if you are jailed.) People voting during the lynch residing inside the City Hall will count twice."

Do the points stolen/chance of being caught correspond exactly? For example, if I try to steal 10 points from another gang, do I have only a 10% chance of being caught?

If I go to Jail, do I still get the points? (Probably not, I'm just clarifying.)

Not exactly, but there's a higher chance if you try to steal 10 compared to trying to steal 2.

Nope.

What happens if a drunk who hasn't sobered up yet is scanned by a snitch/using points? Would you be able to get anything from that?

The Snitch has a chance of learning their role, but otherwise the results would come back as Nothing.

DAY 1:

Milton ran down the road, dodging past people on the streets. He was happy. Happier than he had been in a long time. The red star, Calamity, had blessed him and given him the power his intellect had always deserved. No longer would he be made fun of. No longer would people exclude him. For he was Altermind. He had proved his worth with his powers. No more were the jocks to call him "Splotchy" or "Purple Face," for there were no more jocks left. Not at Roosevelt High School anyway. They all lay in the cafeteria, bleeding to death from pencils, staplers, scissors, any sharp school supply. Altermind had harnessed his telekinesis and they would bother him no more. The final screams and then silence were the sounds of bliss to his mind as he ran home to make sure no one remembered him as the kid with the birthmark. Now, he'd begin his intellectual utopia. Thoughttown would rise in Portland. 

Max Kennon watched as a man in the red garb of a Blood Tyrant whipped out a knife. Max ran to stop him, but it was too late; the Blood Tyrant hit man had already stabbed the woman as she crossed the street. This was insanity. The government couldn't control the Epics, the gangs were running free, and the Epics were fighting over dominance. For anyone just living in Portland, it had become a hell on earth. 

The Evanescents were dissecting any dead Epics they could find, researching what they could, and spying on everything. The Blood Tyrants, like always, were bloodthirsty monsters, and had only gotten worse since the city government had collapsed. The Neighborhood Watch of the Pearl District was the best of the three gangs, but even they were more concerned with keeping their territory purged of Evanescents and Epics than helping everyone. 

Max had heard rumors that D.C. had sent some agents over to try to quell the rebellions and maintain some kind of order, but he hadn't seen anything accomplished yet. The Government Agents, if they really existed, hadn't stopped anything yet. Blood ran freely in Portland.

The game has begun! You all should have your role PMs by now. DeathClutch will also be helping out Hellscythe and I in running this game, so make sure to include him in any PMs as well. 

Remember that this is a Day turn, so you all need to send in location requests before the night begins or you'll end up sleeping on the streets. You may not choose the Ferry as a starting location. 

Also remember that as this is an odd-numbered cycle, you may not make PMs yet, unless your role allows you to. 

As a change in the rules, the Banker may use their 3-point ability on someone and it will last for two turns, not cycles.

red_1457823600.png

Player List: 

• Irulelikestink: Skunk-man
  • Kynedath: Damien Wayforge
  • Clanky: Mr. Nameless
  • Phattemer: Perseus
  • Elbereth: Lady E
  • Silverblade5: Pony
  • Wonko the Sane: Dr. Walker Curtis
  • ThatTinyStrawMan: Taniel Two-Shot
  • Master_Elodin: Savien Ctheath
  • TheMightyLopen: Matthew
  • Burnt Spaghetti: Sienna Ghetti
  • Paranoid King: Lamoni
  • Sart: A Smart Guy
  • Shallan: Citona Vinid
  • Danosaur: Tee Wrecks
  • The Honor Spren: Lyric Jameson
  • Mark IV: Makow
  • Dowanx: Mr. D
  • Elkanah: Hank Ale
  • Metacognition: Megan Definitely-not-Tarash
  • Arraenae: Pam
  • Amanuensis: Aman
  • TheSilverDragon: Star Thief
  • Kipper: Kippy
Edited by Alvron

Skunk-man was sadly not an Epic. All the potential consequences of powers were there, but none of the actual benefits. He went through his checklist again, checking if he had missed out on anything. After all, to become an Epic, one must first fit the bill.

[X] Smell Horrible

[X] Hate People

[X] Be less than 100% Human

[  ] Be an Epic

It was a shame that the final box hadn't been ticked yet, but he had to hope that Calamity would be kind to him. After all, he had just heard of Altermind and his powers, and surely Calamity could appreciate how there should be more chaos introduced to a new Epics life. Dead people and Scared people. That was the way to go.

Now as to where to go, well it was a simple matter really. Where would people go when something bad happened? The Pub. Where could a situation therefore get worse? The Pub. 

As to now though, he was wandering the Streets, looking for anyone that might be able to fight talk to him. 

"PEOPLE OF PORTLAND. IT IS I, A SOON TO BE EPIC. SPEAK TO ME NOW BEFORE MY AWAKENING AND HAVE A FREE AUTOGRAPH!"

Hank woke up on the street... again. The lump on the back of his head was a painful reminder of the night's events. There had been beer, lot's of people, bright lights--the world was ending after all. He rested his head back on the pavement wincing slightly. The world could wait for him to sleep this off. He closed his eyes only to be woken by a sharp kick in the ribs that sent him flying. He crashed into a car a few feet away and fell to the ground. Hank didn't even look up to see the epic who had taken an interest in him. He knew better. Instead, he ducked into a building sprinted to the other exit and ran for his life.

Should we start the traditional debate over day one lynches, or am I jumping the gun?