Ever wasing the wish of writing a post.

Upvote for your excellent topic title. :) Welcome to the Shard! We're all mad here.

If you really want some pointers for the forum, here are a few:

As a general rule, double posting is frowned upon. If you have something else to say and nobody has posted since your last post in a thread, use the "Edit" button to edit your post instead.

Spoilers out in the open are also frowned upon. It is polite to put them in spoiler tags and label which book/series they are spoilers for.

How to do spoiler tags:

[*spoiler]This text will be hidden by the spoiler tag.[*/spoiler]

Type the text above without the * in the brackets and it will look like this:

This text will be hidden by the spoiler tag.

Everybody's pretty friendly and awesome here, so I think you'll have a good time. :)

Welcome to the shard!  Upvote for an excellent thread title!

Sunbird gave some sound pointer...otherwise I'd just say...don't be afraid to share flimsy, hunch based ideas, sometimes they turn into really great discussions...just don't get upset when people disagree.  It's a rule of thumb on the shard to be polite.

Have fun...see you around!

Hey Everyone,

I always wanted to participate in this forum, just never really got around to it. I completely love the Cosmere and just about everything that Sanderson has written. First time on a forum. So any kind of pointers would be appreciated.

This guy. Is great.

Love him already. Or her. Whatever

Well, you asked for pointers.

When posting spoilers for books, place them in spoiler tags to prevent those who haven't read the book from having that part spoiled.

To do a spoiler tag,

type

Which, if you remove the spaces inside the brackets, gives you

This is inside the tags

Also, do not double post. Instead, edit your previous post in such a way to include the new information.

If you, for whatever reason, agree or enjoy a post, you can click the green arrow button to 'upvote' it. You have a limited number of upvotes a day, so use them judiciously. If you seriously disagree with a post or find it offensive, you also have a smaller downvote quota, used by clicking the down arrow.

Those are the basics we usually educate new Sharders on. Have fun!