Hoid Needed A Boat

18th Shard

makes since because shard pools are where shards power accumulates when no one is holding them and Sazed is currently holding that power

Shardpools actualy are created by the presence of a Shard, with or without Vessel.... The reason for the Pit and Well currenty situation is quite a Mystery...maybe just a new Shardpool related to Harmony are spawning somewhere on Scadrial.

Shardpools actualy are created by the presence of a Shard, with or without Vessel.... The reason for the Pit and Well currenty situation is quite a Mystery...maybe just a new Shardpool related to Harmony are spawning somewhere on Scadrial.

ok sorry. That was an assumption based on me only being able to recall seeing Shardpools in cases where a Shards Vessel has died. Can I ask how we know all Shards manifest Shardpools with or without a Vessel?

ok sorry. That was an assumption based on me only being able to recall seeing Shardpools in cases where a Shards Vessel has died. Can I ask how we know all Shards manifest Shardpools with or without a Vessel?

Well we have the Ruin's Shardpool during Mistborn trilogy (Vessel ok, Shard not splintered), the Well of Ascension (Vessel quite dead, Shard not Splintered), the Elantris's "quite surelly Devotion" Pool (Vessel death, Shard splintered), We saw also at least once (or maybe two) Shardpool on Roshar and one of the Shard is dead&splintered while the other is living and whole (yeah if both of them aren't Shardpools this "proof" worth nothing).

Also with Nalthis we have an indirect proof of the Endowment's Shardpool presence (Vessel lives and Shard whole).

There are also a Wob (but at the moment I can't find it) about the Shardpool as place where some Investiture of Shard slowly accumulates... I have a Theory about but without proofs is meaningless to write here. 

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone considered that the corpseboat might have just been Hoid being deliberately weird? He does things like that, often for no readily apparent reason. Why would he attempt to storm with Kelsier as an informant in book 1? Why does he seem to have so much fun as Wit? He is clearly just the kind of guy who enjoys messing with people's minds and expectations. He even says it Way of Kings directly to Kaladin, smiling when he says he enjoys playing with the minds of Bridgemen.

I took Spanky as just that, Hoid being weird for no particular reason. He might have needed some kind of boat or vessel, but I doubt it needed to be a corpse.

• Chaos locked this topic